PDA

View Full Version : Bread Machine, questions and such

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 03:39 PM
Anyone Own one ? are they any good? Best brand/ Model ?
TIA

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 03:42 PM
Breadman Ultimate

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 03:46 PM
Breadman Ultimate

You Have one ? do you Like it ? Is it worth the trouble ?

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 03:50 PM
We have one...we used it a lot for awhile.

Sometimes it's nice to try something different though.

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 03:53 PM
I saw where Target had em for 250 Bucks , thats more than I want to Pay . But Not If they are worth it . I likes me bread.
I also so on EBay there's like 4 or 5 Different , Models of the Ultimate . Whats up with that ?

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 04:01 PM
No idea.

The darn things mix dough...heat up...and cool off.

Then you take out your bread and eat.

The only thing the wife says she'd like is one that says..."if it's not making bread as it's supposed to do...it would be nice to have one that had an Audible Error to let you know it's not working". Other than that...nothing other than does the darn thing make bread?

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks Bro . Ive got 3 On ebay Im watching . Some say with Out Instructions , **** that Noise:D

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 04:27 PM
Good luck. I'd try to stay around $100 but hey...I got mine from Family. They somehow ended up with an extra they didn't use so we took it and used it over the last year. It's been nice to have.

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 05:18 PM
Looks Like I can get one fer a 100 or less . Cheaper if I want a dif. Brand .

SoonerInFla
1/11/2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks Bro . Ive got 3 On ebay Im watching . Some say with Out Instructions , **** that Noise:D

You should be able to get instructions from the manufacturer. Probably online.

proud gonzo
1/11/2009, 06:13 PM
i think bread makers take all the fun out of making homemade bread. but that's just me :D

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2009, 06:21 PM
Bread makers are good for making a half sized loaf that weighs ten pounds.

Tasty!

I've got a Homestyle by West Bend. I use Krusteaz and Hodgdon Mills for mixes.

VeeJay
1/11/2009, 08:36 PM
Dang man - don't anybody go down to the supermarket anymore, buy their food, after smoking a fatty?

Okla-homey
1/11/2009, 09:37 PM
We got one several years ago. It's Japanese as I recall. Like Vince says about the Germans, they make good stuff. Works as advertised. We used it a lot after we got it, not so much nowadays. In fact, I can't remember the last time we pulled it out from its place in one of the kitchen cabinets.

Preservation Parcels
1/11/2009, 10:41 PM
The value of a bread machine is that you can put in the ingredients, press some buttons, and come back later to finished bread. We used one for a while, and it was nice to come home or wake up to hot bread.

It also taught us about the consistency of good dough and good ingredients. We ground our own flour and bought other ingredients from an Amish store. After a while, though, we wanted rolls, pizza dough, etc. for some variety. Catching the dough at just the right time was a lot more difficult than making it in the Kitchen aid mixer, so we eventually gave away the bread maker.

Desirable features include variable cycles for different types of bread, programmable timing, and recognizably shaped loaves. If you put a "wanted" ad on Craigslist, you may find someone who will give you their old one just to clear some counter space. It's a good way to overcome a fear of yeast, and I'm glad we used one for a while. It was a good stepping stone. One of my sons made pizza tonight using the Kitchen aid.

Buy yeast by the pound from a warehouse place like Costco instead of little envelopes, and you'll save a small fortune. You can make up your own mixes from fresh ingredients and save a lot of time, too. If you want recipes, I'll be happy to send you some.

GottaHavePride
1/11/2009, 10:58 PM
Can't get French bread out of a bread machine. That takes work. And practice. I STILL haven't got it quite right.

BigRedJed
1/11/2009, 11:06 PM
This thread is gay.

And delicious.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/11/2009, 11:16 PM
This is the wrong kind of bread.

http://f.inventorspot.com/files/images/bread2.jpg

olevetonahill
1/12/2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks , Peeps .
I Like Homemade Bread . Im to Lazy to go to al the Trouble to Make It By hand .

swardboy
1/12/2009, 06:44 AM
Just crank out the white bread or wheat bread...crazy delicious.