PDA

View Full Version : Another year of Media Worship: Tebow Returns for Senior Year

NorCaligator
1/11/2009, 02:42 PM
Just thought you guys would be happy to hear this. Just announced. :)

Rhino
1/11/2009, 03:10 PM
Shocker.

tator
1/11/2009, 03:16 PM
I predict a sex scandal and fall from grace. It happens to all the big religious figures...

Howzit
1/11/2009, 03:16 PM
Well, wtf else was he going to do?

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2009, 03:18 PM
Damn, no "Rex Grossman:The Sequel"

Widescreen
1/11/2009, 03:18 PM
Well, wtf else was he going to do?

exactly. I can't imagine the NFL is clamoring for his unique QB skills.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2009, 03:20 PM
If he wants to improve his draft stock he better start playing a lot of TE.

Honestly I don't blame him though. Unless Saban announces he is leaving Bama....let me rephrase...unless he leaves Bama I think Florida isn't likely to repeat anyway.

BoomerSooner, esq.
1/11/2009, 03:20 PM
Big Surprise. He doesnt have an NFL career to look forward to. He might as well hang around and try and save the rest of the thugs on the team from their devilish ways. I can already see the preseason poll and the media rejoicing at the chance to see Tebow hold up another crystal ball. Herbstreit is foaming at the mouth. Wait, thats not foam..........

Scotty
1/11/2009, 03:23 PM
i don't give a **** about tebow

i don't give a **** about heisman

i don't give a **** about stats

i don't give a **** about points

i don't give a **** about espn

i don't give a **** about corso

i don't give a **** about herbstreit

i don't give a **** about mark may or lou holtz

i don't give a **** about their stupid *** helmet stickers

All I want for 2009 is to end the season on a win.

In Pasadena.

TheGodfather889
1/11/2009, 03:34 PM
Personally I don't care if Tim Tebow had stayed or left, I figured he would since he needed to improve his quarterback skills since I know he is stubborn and wants to be a quarterback in the NFL but I don't think he will be able to. On another note I hope OU fans aren't getting so desperate that they just want any bowl win even in a mediocre bowl because I don't think that's what Oklahoma is about. Even though OU has lost the last three BCS Championship game appearances and it's embarrassing that they've lost their last five BCS Bowls, they need to keep trying to get to the Championship game because if they get to enough they will eventually win one which will wipe away all of this failure and I believe Oklahoma is about winning National Championships. The goal should always be to get to the BCS Championship Game, whether they get there is another story.

CrimsonJim
1/11/2009, 03:42 PM
It's bad enough I can't turn the TV on without hearing the "T" word, so I come here to regain some sanity, and what ....... do my eyes deceive me? NOOO!!!! More bullfrigginshat about TEBOW! Please Lord, make it stop!! This is the last thread I'm going to read with the "T" word in it. F it! It's insane. Please people, let this be the one place on the planet we can go and not hear/read/think of that name.

josh09
1/11/2009, 03:53 PM
I dont mind Tebow himself, it's just the media. The media needs to get off it's knees when it comes to Tim Tebow. If they weren't so annoying, I wouldnt mind.

Sooner Eclipse
1/11/2009, 04:27 PM
:rolleyes: Oh Yay!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: More Teabag TV sermons.:rolleyes:

hawaii 5-0
1/11/2009, 04:29 PM
Probably all for the better.

The disappointment of getting a low draft pick would be shameful to His Excretiency.

Better he stays and enjoys his college experience.

And it gives OU a chance for a rematch, this time on a neutral field.

:cool: 5-0

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 05:01 PM
Hell, may as well give him the Heisman now ;) :rolleyes:

fadada1
1/11/2009, 05:33 PM
Hell, may as well give him the Heisman now ;) :rolleyes:

i was just thinking... the 2010 heisman race should be wide open.

VMG
1/11/2009, 05:53 PM
From ESPN article -- "Overall, I just felt loyal to this place," Tebow said. "I feel like I'm a role model, and a lot of times people start things and don't finish them. I didn't want to be like that. I wanted to be loyal to the university. I wanted to finish what I started and play another year."

He wouldn't be talking about '...loyal to the university...' if he had 1st round NFL potential.

When they start believing their own hype, the fall has already begun...

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2009, 05:55 PM
"Overall, I just felt loyal to this place," Tebow said. "I feel like I'm a role model, and a lot of times people start things and don't finish them. I didn't want to be like that. I wanted to be loyal to the university. I wanted to finish what I started and play another year."

That's code for: The NFL said I sucked!

dingyibvs
1/11/2009, 05:59 PM
i don't give a **** about tebow

i don't give a **** about heisman

i don't give a **** about stats

i don't give a **** about points

i don't give a **** about espn

i don't give a **** about corso

i don't give a **** about herbstreit

i don't give a **** about mark may or lou holtz

i don't give a **** about their stupid *** helmet stickers

All I want for 2009 is to end the season on a win.

In Pasadena.

Since USC will likely be in the NC game, I think it's very likely that you'll get to beat up on a hapless Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl. Perhaps OU vs. OSU? That'll settle the "who's the best bridesmaid" question once and for all.

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2009, 06:15 PM
Since USC will likely be in the NC game, I think it's very likely that you'll get to beat up on a hapless Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl. Perhaps OU vs. OSU? That'll settle the "who's the best bridesmaid" question once and for all.

This is college football, nothing is likely. And the MNC was four days ago, why are you here again?

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 06:20 PM
It was funny when people last year were saying " I wonder if Chase Daniel is going to come out early" I don't see him or Tebow throwing a NFL TD

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 06:21 PM
I think Oregon State will crap out another trojan next year.

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 07:05 PM
Tebow coming back is no surprise. The kid has virtually no future in football after college.

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 07:37 PM
i was just thinking... the 2010 heisman race should be wide open.

You got that right