PDA

View Full Version : Attention "New" Fans:

8timechamps
1/10/2009, 11:05 PM
Maybe this should be a sticky.

(As I mentioned in another thread)

If you've found yourself calling for Stoops' head after the loss to the Gaytors, do one of the following as it pertains to you:

New Fans: Do your homework. There are a lot of very good sites you can visit to learn the history of our proud program, SoonerStats is a great resource (http://soonerstats.com/), SoonerSports has made it easy as well (http://www.soonersports.com/ot/tradition_football.html). Heck, even wikipedia has some accurate information on the history of our team. Check it out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Sooners_football). Learn what we've gone through to get back to where we are.

Old Fans: First, you should be ashamed of yourself. You should have the vision of Schnelly and JB on the sideline BURNED into your brain. If you don't, spend a minute or two reviewing these:

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr9/8timechamps/Schnelly.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr9/8timechamps/JohnBlake.jpg

Now, hopefully you've come to your senses (or learned enough about Sooner football history to bring you back down to earth).

SteelCitySooner
1/10/2009, 11:07 PM
damn right

OKLA21FAN
1/10/2009, 11:11 PM
i also remember in the early 80s the 'fire barry' stuff.

i also remember beating Penn State a couple of years later for number 6.

if it was easy, okie lite would have conference championships, and don't even worry about an NC.

just sayin

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2009, 11:29 PM
Yep...learn your stuff than worry about stating opinions.

8timechamps
1/10/2009, 11:43 PM
Yep...learn your stuff than worry about stating opinions.

I think you owe it to yourself (if nothing else) to understand things prior to making comments or posting your "opinion".

And, I don't mean you CA, just the collective "you". I don't care about your opinion anyway. ;)

Soonerus
1/10/2009, 11:46 PM
We've always had some idiot OU "fans"...I think every big-time program has some....

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/11/2009, 12:18 AM
This is why I was so glad when Stoops brought back all the guys in from the programs past to let his players know what Oklahoma football is all about.....maybe we need to do the same for anyone who registers before they can post this crap!!!!!

I have Schnelly every time I see FAU on TV or here about his success there...The talking heads @ ES@# always mention Louisville and Miami, but fail to mention how we kicked his @$s out of the great state of OKLAHOMA cause he was as stupid b@&^%ard who refused to recognize our past, but instead wanted to rewrite our history beginning with him...I mean when he came in and ordered the old records be destroyed they should have shown him the door that very second!!!!!!

bluedogok
1/11/2009, 12:22 AM
i also remember in the early 80s the 'fire barry' stuff.

i also remember beating Penn State a couple of years later for number 6.

if it was easy, okie lite would have conference championships, and don't even worry about an NC.

just sayin
Yep, and we thought 81-83 was the "losing years" back then.

1981 - 7-4-1 - Sun Bowl win against Houston
1982 - 8-4 - Fiesta Bowl loss to Arizona State
1983 - 8-4 - No Bowl, extra game was at Hawaii

1984 - 9-2-1 - lost to #4 Washington in the Orange Bowl, BYU won the MNC, OU could have possibly won the MNC with a win

1985 - 11-1 - MNC #6

SoonerMom2
1/11/2009, 01:40 AM
Thanks for posting this! Sat through the cold and snow of the Texas A&M game where they ran up the score when Blake was the coach. Never going to forget that evening. Freezing cold and I told my kids if the team can keep playing in the cold, we can stay and keep cheering. Only a few people left in our section that night by the end of the game.

We were there the afternoon we paid back A&M by blowing them out and taking a knee on the 4th down so not to score. The reason for the blow out on our part -- Bob Stoops. Anyone that forgets that, doesn't understand Sooner football and what it means to be one of the top teams in the Nation today after the dark days of the 90's.

Anyone calling for Bob Stoops to resign I would have to question their sanity and if they truly are a Sooner fan. I hope Bob Stoops stays around for a long time!

StormySooner-IN
1/11/2009, 02:31 AM
I've only been around since '03 (too young, bro)....but yall know I know the history and am not a dumas. ;)

8timechamps
1/11/2009, 02:59 AM
I've only been around since '03 (too young, bro)....but yall know I know the history and am not a dumas. ;)

It has nothing to do with when you started posting here, I'm talking about fans that are new to Sooner football.

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 03:44 AM
It has nothing to do with when you started posting here, I'm talking about fans that are new to Sooner football.

Dude Hes 16. Hes New to everything .:rolleyes: :D

olevetonahill
1/11/2009, 03:47 AM
I Bitched when they Forced the King Out , I bitched when they Didnt Give Gary TIME to Get us back right . I puked when They Hired Smelly and Boo .
I was :confused: when they Hired BOB .
Ive Been In Love since 73 :D ;)

AlbqSooner
1/11/2009, 08:18 AM
Actually the bumper stickers said, "Bury Barry".

The silver lining on the schnelly/boo years was that you could walk up to the ticket window on game day and make a purchase. Imagine that.

OUHOMER
1/11/2009, 09:18 AM
Actually the bumper stickers said, "Bury Barry".

The silver lining on the schnelly/boo years was that you could walk up to the ticket window on game day and make a purchase. Imagine that.

LOL, I guess i owe my season tickets to the firing of Barry. I was able to buy them just before Gibbs last year had them every since.

I can remember having to give tickets away, couldn't find a soul to go the games with me. I would go and try and sell my extra ticket and sit by myself and watch the snelly and boo make a foul out of the The University of Oklahoma.

I was able to score tickets to the texas game every year as well. Parking was cheap.

came close to letting my tickets go back, But I am an OU FAN DAMN IT. GOOD OR BAD I AM THERE!....

Do I bitch when we dont win, yes I do because WE ARE OKLAHOMA.

THANK YOU BOB STOOPS!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/11/2009, 09:31 AM
I can only say that I miss the lethal hitting of our D back when Mike was here. Hell, Brent doesn't even freak out like he used to.

BV used to have this evil look on his face screaming at them to kill someone while Mike was hopping around throwing his visor.

They looked like idiots, but man, we had a bloodthirsty D.

... I guess I should add that Stoops still gets us there. I love being able to get there again.

adoniijahsooner
1/11/2009, 09:41 AM
With all that he has done for Oklahoma, if stoops finishes 5-6 one year we should give him a raise. Switzer had a butt load of scholly's do give away, but stoops is doing this with restrictions.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/11/2009, 09:43 AM
With all that he has done for Oklahoma, if stoops finishes 5-6 one year we should give him a raise. Switzer had a butt load of scholly's do give away, but stoops is doing this with restrictions.

Let's not get carried away, now.

BTW, next year, 4 losses. Tough replacing that line and probably QB.

StormySooner-IN
1/11/2009, 11:22 AM

Dude Hes 16. Hes New to everything .:rolleyes: :D

LOL. Hes right. :D

delhalew
1/11/2009, 11:29 AM
This is why I was so glad when Stoops brought back all the guys in from the programs past to let his players know what Oklahoma football is all about.....maybe we need to do the same for anyone who registers before they can post this crap!!!!!

I have Schnelly every time I see FAU on TV or here about his success there...The talking heads @ ES@# always mention Louisville and Miami, but fail to mention how we kicked his @$s out of the great state of OKLAHOMA cause he was as stupid b@&^%ard who refused to recognize our past, but instead wanted to rewrite our history beginning with him...I mean when he came in and ordered the old records be destroyed they should have shown him the door that very second!!!!!!

Its amazing to me that I was on campus during Schnelly's time, and all I knew was he was a drunk and an idiot. There was obviously alot more going on under my nose. If anyone knows were I can be enlightened to the full extent of his idiocy, let me know. I just hated him for abstract reasons, (meaning his obvious disrespect) and a losing record.

Boomer Mooner
1/11/2009, 11:56 AM
Great thread. It's amazing when we have a year breaking all scoring records and make it to THE bowl game and you have people coming out of the woodwork with negative posts about the coaching, the team, etc. With all the exciting **** happening during the season these guys decide their first posts on this board will be trashing Bob and the boys.

boomerinhou
1/11/2009, 10:22 PM
Just think of all of the college football teams today that would love to have Oklahoma's record during the Gary Gibbs era.

We're living the good old days. This will be another one of Oklahoma's historic eras.

BOOMER!!!!!!!