PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2009, 08:51 PM
Has anyone downloaded and installed the beta yet? I'm installing it as we speak. Has anyone run into any major problems?

StoopTroup
1/10/2009, 08:53 PM
I cleaned mine with a Sham-wow.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2009, 08:55 PM

The Germans always make great stuff. Microsoft engineers on the other hand...

soonerinabilene
1/10/2009, 09:16 PM
I keep having problems with it saying my activation product key is not valid, and my copy of Windows Vista is counterfeit, even though it came installed on the computer when i bought it from best buy, and neither microsoft, gateway, or best buy will do anything about it so i have to keep reloading the operating system off the disc, which lasts about two weeks and then I have to do it again, so i cant save anything on the computer, but other than that id say microsoft really has a winner on their hands with this.

Flagstaffsooner
1/10/2009, 09:16 PM
The ME version of Vista?;)

Turd_Ferguson
1/10/2009, 09:18 PM
I keep having problems with it saying my activation product key is not valid, and my copy of Windows Vista is counterfeit, even though it came installed on the computer when i bought it from best buy, and neither microsoft, gateway, or best buy will do anything about it so i have to keep reloading the operating system off the disc, which lasts about two weeks and then I have to do it again, so i cant save anything on the computer, but other than that id say microsoft really has a winner on their hands with this.Would that be the definition of a run on sentence:confused:

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2009, 09:20 PM
I keep having problems with it saying my activation product key is not valid, and my copy of Windows Vista is counterfeit, even though it came installed on the computer when i bought it from best buy, and neither microsoft, gateway, or best buy will do anything about it so i have to keep reloading the operating system off the disc, which lasts about two weeks and then I have to do it again, so i cant save anything on the computer, but other than that id say microsoft really has a winner on their hands with this.

How did your computer come pre-installed with Windows 7??? It was just released in beta form yesterday...I think you're thinking of Vista.

soonerinabilene
1/10/2009, 09:20 PM
Would that be the definition of a run on sentence:confused:

yes, and its also the definiton of why i would rather shove my penis in a wild hogs mouth than buy a microsoft product again.

soonerinabilene
1/10/2009, 09:21 PM
How did your computer come pre-installed with Windows 7??? It was just released in beta form yesterday...I think you're thinking of Vista.

yeah, its vista, but i figured i would still let you know what microsoft was doing to me.

Turd_Ferguson
1/10/2009, 09:22 PM
yes, and its also the definiton of why i would rather shove my penis in a wild hogs mouth than buy a microsoft product again.You owe me a half a Natty you sumbitch!!!:D

Getem
1/10/2009, 09:23 PM
The ME version of Vista?;)

Yes, all the stuff that was supposed to be in Vista, but wasn't stable enough... Now it's declared to be as stable as the rest of Vista, so jump on in.

Turd_Ferguson
1/10/2009, 09:29 PM
I have Vista on my home PC and I havn't had any problems with it so far. Of course, I don't visit any pRon on it, and neither do my two teenage boy's:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
1/10/2009, 09:37 PM
I'll sit here on my azz with XP. Hell I cried and moaned when I got rid of CP/M.

StormySooner-IN
1/10/2009, 11:22 PM
I heard 7 was the ME of Vista.

But Vista is the ME of XP.

Im sticking with XP thanks.

StormySooner-IN
1/10/2009, 11:23 PM
BEWARE OF IMITATORS!!

Veritas
1/10/2009, 11:30 PM
I've had it running in a virtual machine for a few days now (I pulled it off the torrentz when it was leaked). It's quick and pretty unobtrusive. It's more like working with Server 2008 than Vista, which is a good thing.

Download Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 software (it's free) as well as the Virtual PC 2007 SP1 release and you can do the same if you wish. It's very easy to use and you won't risk nuking a perfectly good OS just to try something out.

StoopTroup
1/10/2009, 11:32 PM
I've had it running in a virtual machine for a few days now (I pulled it off the torrentz when it was leaked). It's quick and pretty unobtrusive. It's more like working with Server 2008 than Vista, which is a good thing.

Download Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 software (it's free) as well as the Virtual PC 2007 SP1 release and you can do the same if you wish. It's very easy to use and you won't risk nuking a perfectly good OS just to try something out.

Are Sham-wow's the Free Gift Phil gives?

Turd_Ferguson
1/10/2009, 11:39 PM
Are Sham-wow's the Free Gift Phil gives?Why you wanna tell about the sponsor gift for:confused::mad:

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2009, 02:26 AM
I heard 7 was the ME of Vista.

But Vista is the ME of XP.

Im sticking with XP thanks.

Actually, it'd be more accurate to say that Vista is the ME of XP than it would be to say that Windows 7 is the ME of Vista.

I can already tell that Windows 7 is a VAST improvement over Vista. Every review I've read of the Beta so far confirms that. I never had a huge problem with Vista, but Windows 7 is what Vista should have been to begin with.

StormySooner-IN
1/11/2009, 02:40 AM
So is it just going to be called Windows 7?

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2009, 02:59 AM
So is it just going to be called Windows 7?

Yes, I believe so. I hated the "Vista" name.

RacerX
1/12/2009, 10:53 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9615/image003py1.jpg

Echoes
1/12/2009, 03:20 PM
I honestly have never understood the Vista hate. I have never once had a single problem with it, and in fact really enjoy it. Furthermore, I do some pretty advanced work on my computer, and Vista works fine. (Short of programming)

Anyways, yeah. I have heard horror stories though

XFollower
1/12/2009, 03:31 PM
Windows Mojave is the way!

soonerboomer93
1/12/2009, 03:54 PM
vista works fine for programming. I program on it and i'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my machine.

The only problems I have are with older software not being fully compatable. I don't blame microsoft 1 bit for it (even 1 of them is made by MS)

MR2-Sooner86
1/12/2009, 05:58 PM
Of course, I don't visit any pRon on it, and neither do my two teenage boy's:rolleyes:

Your boys sure got you fooled :pop:

Anyway, what's really funny in talking about Vista is I was talking with my dad's co-workers at a movie before it started. My dad's co-worker runs Linux and I run OS-X and we were talking about them both. A couple of guys in front of us turn around and say, "You boys running something besides Vista? How do you get rid of that Vista crap? It's really making my computer suck and Microsoft is shoving it down our throats!" We both laughed and told the guys to go buy a new OS.

SicEmBaylor
1/12/2009, 06:21 PM
I have no major problems with Vista. I certainly don't know have the issues that others who bash the OS continually seem to have.