PDA

View Full Version : DOES EVERYONE REALIZE THAT MONDAY NIGHT

soonerguild
1/10/2009, 07:39 PM
is the biggest home game we have at the LNC this year. We really need the place to be rocking. I hope everyone puts aside their disappointment from other things and remembers that they are still SOONERS and that this team needs you. That is all.

BOOMER SOONER
Tuck Fexas

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2009, 07:49 PM
It's the one between "Tab" and "Shift", man.

sooner2b09
1/10/2009, 08:34 PM

BUT HE IS JUST REALLY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D ;)

oh and I agree **** :texan:

bri
1/10/2009, 09:07 PM

http://binsk.org/media/2008-07/brick2.jpg

LOUD NOISES!!!

Ace
1/11/2009, 11:17 AM
Haven't been to LNC for years. Is it hard to get tickets? Or easy?

OUSKINS
1/11/2009, 11:46 AM
Haven't been to LNC for years. Is it hard to get tickets? Or easy?

Seriously? It's easier than Paris Hilton after a few Long Island Ice Tea's.

It depresses me, but I've come to accept it-- outside of a handful of fans (most of who probably are on this board), no one really cares about anything other than football. Right after the KSU game yesterday there were 2 people on the basketball board and 47 on the football board.

We simply do NOT have good sports fans in Norman, period. Great football fans, but that's it.

I do hope the place is packed and loud on Monday though....if people don't show up for this one, they never will.

But yeah, tickets should be easy....not sure it's even sold out...so check the ticket office first. Scalpers should be close to face value or less.

Boomer.....
1/11/2009, 11:53 AM
Monday night will be rocking and I expect a sell out. The students will be there rocking so the "older" folks need to do the same. This game will determine where we rank in the conference, 1 or 2.

Sooner04
1/11/2009, 01:58 PM
Mark my words, sports fans, the LNC will be a nuthouse Monday night.

boomersooner24
1/11/2009, 05:17 PM
Crowds this year have been much better than in years past, even when we play cupcakes. The Texas, OSU, and Kansas games are always sold out and crazy.

I'm pumped for this game! Get out of class at 4, then drive from Claremore to Norman, cheer on the Sooners to victory, then drive allll the way back to Claremore and get up early the next day for class.

josh09
1/11/2009, 06:31 PM
Let's beat them 45-35. I say stop scoring at 45, and focus on big time defense so they dont get past 35.

josh09
1/11/2009, 06:32 PM
:D

soonervegas
1/11/2009, 07:27 PM
It will be packed and I am ready. I think we are better than texas and this would give us an early early inside track to the 1 seed we are going to be battling them for until March.

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 08:03 PM
Some of you guys are so self-deprecating when it comes to OU Basketball.

The Football Team has been on one of the best rolls a University could hope for this side of having 4 National Championships.

The Basketball Team has had some rough luck with a Coach who couldn't follow the rules and evidently a head that grew bigger than a blimp. I'll never understand how kelvin fell so far from his pinnacle. I truely thought he was on to something great here. Billy Tubbs...I felt the same way about and he got run off.

Now...Coach Capel. He's a great guy. He's got great credentials and seemingly...his system is taking hold. It looks to be a great year for sure. The Griffins are really pulling this Team together. Yes they deserve OUr support. Thing is...I don't live in Norman. Football is what I have chose to support the strongest. I've been to one OU Basketball game this year. OU vs TU in the BOK in Tulsa. There were lots of OU fans there.

I hope LNC is packed and that Coach Capel and his players begin to get the support during what looks to be a very promising run into the Big XII Championship and March Madness Tourney.

Take it easy on the Football Fans. They have really took it on the nose the last few Seasons. These Bowl losses sting.

I'll keep cheering the Sooners on TV and in person when I can...you keep recruiting folks in Norman to go to the games. If I was a Student. I'd be at every one of this years games. I can't believe they would miss it.

Hang tough...scream Boomer Sooner and quit bagging on us Football Fans who put B-Ball 2nd. We're still Fans.

ST

Sooner04
1/11/2009, 08:27 PM
Hang tough...scream Boomer Sooner and quit bagging on us Football Fans who put B-Ball 2nd. We're still Fans.
Nothing wrong with those people. Hell, if you put all the BBall-first fans in the LNC you might have enough for a pick-up game. I just want our fans to do a better job of supporting and following all of the University's teams. That doesn't mean going to everything. Just keep a little track. Stay knowledgeable.

The OU football ONLY fans are the ones who bug me. Those people probably had autographed pictures of Bob Simmons on their wall a decade ago. I laught at all those people who bemoan the waiting list for season tickets when you could've bought your own seats anywhere in the stadium ten years ago. I spit in the general direction of those people.

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 08:54 PM
Well you got that right about the Season ticket 04. My entire Family saw the opening back in the 1990's and we all got seats together in the South EZ. There is 10 of us there. That's something that won't be easily pulled off for quite some time again....maybe never. No matter how tight the budget has been through the years...those seats get paid for.

All of us root for the B-ball Team. Sometimes it's been tough. Other times...OUr boyz surprise us with a late season run into the field of 64. B-Ball looks to be on it's way back. I hope Jeff stays for a long time.

I used to have a hard time with the security and the Season Ticket holders in the LNC that would get whiggy about folks who would move down into the empty seats that Season Ticket holders didn't feel the need to show up at. I almost made a pact to never return to the LNC for a game. I realized that I was to much of a Fan to ever be able to stick to such a pact and I just stowed those feelings in order to not let some guy who's miss placed Fandom had been rooted into his soul like Dicken's Scrooge.

It was an awful thing for me when it happened to good OU Fans who simply wanted to get closer and root the Team on.

Not sure if that's changed...I would like to hope so.

Sooner04
1/11/2009, 09:02 PM
The unwritten rule now for sparsely attended games is it's "open season" after the first media timeout. Sometimes those goobs in yellow shirts hassle you, sometimes they don't. We've been in the lower level since they opened the joint, so I've never had to try and sneak down. Most people seem to be having good luck with it this year.

Capel is Ca$tiglione's guy, so he was able to get changes made. He knew things could be better if they made the program more user-friendly, and now they have. Ticket prices are still ridiculous, but that's Ca$tiglione for you.

Come on back. We'd love to have you at the LNC. :)

soonervegas
1/11/2009, 09:05 PM
I think us basketball fans understand the beast that is OU football. But with our alumni base plus current enrollment we should be able to put 10k in EVERY night. I don't blame the out of town alumni base, but we have enough people in norman and okc to support the team. And I do think there are many basketball fans, but that just doesn't translate into butts in seats.

My message to football fans would be that the easiest way to get over OU football is to watch a potential final four team and 2 future NBA players beat texas on Monday.

IBleedCrimson
1/11/2009, 10:59 PM
i got 4 free tickets and will be screamingggggg

Sooner74
1/11/2009, 11:08 PM
Students are on break. I don't think that you will see the student section packed. Maybe, but doubtful

OUstud
1/11/2009, 11:40 PM
Students are on break. I don't think that you will see the student section packed. Maybe, but doubtful

I know me and a couple of my friends (Edmond) will be there, and we're meeting up with a few from the Tulsa area that are driving down for it. So hopefully a lot of students from OK make it. I would guess 85% full, but loud. I'll be doing my part :D .

Sooner04
1/12/2009, 12:16 AM
Disagree. I remember the Maryland game in December of '01 was a week after finals and the student section was packed to the gills.

It will be nuts tomorrow night, and there won't be an open seat in the house.

tommieharris91
1/12/2009, 01:09 AM

I guarantee the student section will be rowdy tomorrow night, even if the students are on break.

soonerguild
1/12/2009, 10:50 AM
I still have a hard time understanding how we can have some of the best football support in the country and can't have the 18k that it takes to support basketball show up on a regular basis. I'm not naive enought to think that every football fan loves basketball as much as some of us do, and I also realize that financially that many can't do both real seriously. What I don't understand is the constant lack of student support(it has gotten better but seriously, your young and really don't have that much to do, I know I was recently there and got a pre-med/engineering degree and never missed a home bball game, plus the student section was almost cut in half) and the number of people that buy season tickets and don't show up. They really need to take away the football points people get for men's bball tickets. All the other sports I understand but bball is to big for that stuff.

I guess what really bugs me is the one thing fans CAN control is how full, loud, and energetic our games are. And mark my words when/if Capel does leave it won't be money or resources, it will be to go to a place that cares more and for myself and many OU bball fans that is a hard pill to swallow.

Anyway beat the whorns

Sooner4FCD
1/12/2009, 01:24 PM
At least the game is at 8 tonight instead of 6 so the lower sections won't look 25% full at tipoff.

cheezyq
1/12/2009, 05:54 PM
I still have a hard time understanding how we can have some of the best football support in the country and can't have the 18k that it takes to support basketball show up on a regular basis

If you're that depressed with 18k in attendance, I'd hate to be around when you discover the arena doesn't even hold 12k. ;)

patzer
1/12/2009, 06:20 PM
Never been up there. I need some info. Anyone know if your arena can accomodate a small plane and a banner?

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2009, 06:26 PM
Disagree. I remember the Maryland game in December of '01 was a week after finals and the student section was packed to the gills.

It will be nuts tomorrow night, and there won't be an open seat in the house.

Dude, you're not fooling anyone.

Everyone knows that Kelvin never sold out non-conference games. His style was too boring.

picasso
1/12/2009, 07:02 PM
Never been up there. I need some info. Anyone know if your arena can accomodate a small plane and a banner?

no need for that. just wear your Dork shirt.

Harry Beanbag
1/12/2009, 07:38 PM
I'm probably moving back to the OKC area, what do season tickets go for nowadays? I'm assuming there isn't a waiting list.

tommieharris91
1/12/2009, 08:08 PM
I'm probably moving back to the OKC area, what do season tickets go for nowadays? I'm assuming there isn't a waiting list.

$190 for the cheapest ones.

Sooner74
1/13/2009, 12:22 AM
Any word on the student section? It looked so-so on tv.

Sooner24
1/13/2009, 04:01 PM
Nothing wrong with those people. Hell, if you put all the BBall-first fans in the LNC you might have enough for a pick-up game. I just want our fans to do a better job of supporting and following all of the University's teams. That doesn't mean going to everything. Just keep a little track. Stay knowledgeable.

The OU football ONLY fans are the ones who bug me. Those people probably had autographed pictures of Bob Simmons on their wall a decade ago. I laught at all those people who bemoan the waiting list for season tickets when you could've bought your own seats anywhere in the stadium ten years ago. I spit in the general direction of those people.

I would be in the game but I can only jump about as high as a snake on a trampoline.

Sooner24
1/13/2009, 04:02 PM

The student section was full and rocking as was the whole LNC.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
1/13/2009, 04:19 PM

What game were you watching? It was packed. I had four friends that were turned away. They had to settle for regular GA tickets in the upper level.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
1/13/2009, 04:21 PM

You were wrong my friend!

OUSKINS
1/13/2009, 04:57 PM
Good crowd last night in terms of numbers and energy, but as far as "educated" basketball fans.....we're not setting any records in Norman :)

Sat next to a guy and his kids last night who were decked out in OU gear. Really nice guy, very friendly...told me he's "more into football" though.

The following are questions he asked; no exxageration:

1. What is our coach's name?
2. Don't we have a set of brothers on the team?
3. Are there two or three periods in college basketball?

There were more, but those were the best three. :)

BoomerSoonerGoOU
1/13/2009, 07:53 PM
Good crowd last night in terms of numbers and energy, but as far as "educated" basketball fans.....we're not setting any records in Norman :)

Sat next to a guy and his kids last night who were decked out in OU gear. Really nice guy, very friendly...told me he's "more into football" though.

The following are questions he asked; no exxageration:

1. What is our coach's name?
2. Don't we have a set of brothers on the team?
3. Are there two or three periods in college basketball?

There were more, but those were the best three. :)

I brought a friend along with me last night. She is a freshman and this was her first game to attend, so I cut her some slack. She asked me if Blake and Taylor were twins. She was VERY excited though. I'm hoping she comes to more games throughout her time at OU!

bri
1/13/2009, 10:59 PM
That's how we grow the fanbase; one at a time.

sooner518
1/14/2009, 01:36 PM
i think ill be coming up for probably the Baylor game. Anyone have a ticket they need to unload? I'd rather not give my money to the sleazebag scalpers.

I'll be loud and I'm very educated on the ways of OU basketball. :D