PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle for 2009?

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2009, 09:29 AM
Why not?

We will have a slightly smaller and quicker Oline. We should have the same QB. We should have the same TE. We should have the same RBs. And we finally will get to see more of our young WRs.

I loved it this year. And next year....well, our defense will be LOOOOOADED and a lot more experienced.

Going for 8 in 2009!

OU-HSV
1/10/2009, 09:39 AM
I say yes. I like the tempo, it seemed to cause problems with nearly everyone we played. It set records. Even some opposing coaches are talking about using it to some extend because of how unique and effective it can be... in particular is Urban Meyer, he said that on t.v. yesterday.

However a lot of this depends on who will be the QB. I'm sure if Sam leaves and let's say Landry is the new starter...they're only going to run the no huddle if he's capable of it, if he can run it smoothly, etc. From what I recall Sam saying about Landry a few weeks ago, it sounds like he'll be a good fit if Sam leaves. I'm sure the coaches will do the right thing.

SoonerMom2
1/10/2009, 09:48 AM
Landry Jones would be the perfect fit as that is the type of quarterback they are recruiting. We are only going to get better at running that type of offense and look for more running type plays to compliment the passing. What we need are the big receivers like Broyles to step up who can catch a pass and take on the bigger defensive backs. Those type receivers are waiting to get their turn in 2009.

Ready for 2009 football to start!

batonrougesooner
1/10/2009, 10:17 AM
I love the hurry up.

I hate the hurry up...and wait. Saw alot of that the other night.

soonerfan28
1/10/2009, 01:18 PM
Yes with Bradford and no without him. We have no guarantee that Jones will be the starter next year if Bradford leaves. I would say that he's the likely replacement but he's not guaranteed to be the starter.

The_Red_Patriot
1/10/2009, 02:04 PM
I love the hurry up.

Agreed....there is no point of a hurry when you don't uhhhh....hurry up?

swardboy
1/10/2009, 02:10 PM
A no-huddle with a qb calling audibles would be teh awsum....

SoonerLB
1/10/2009, 02:30 PM
I love the hurry up.

Well said my friend, well said!

soonerfan28
1/10/2009, 04:40 PM
How many plays did we actually have?

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 08:12 AM
How many plays did we actually have?

Soonersports.com say we had 1106 total offensive plays. Our opponents had 996 total offensive plays

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html

adoniijahsooner
1/11/2009, 09:35 AM
Sometimes I think it would be nice to just play a grind it out game to wear a defense down a little. I still scratch my head that Wilson didnt just pound those guys with the run, and stay in 3 tights with Clapp at the fullback.

soonerfan28
1/11/2009, 10:12 AM
Soonersports.com say we had 1106 total offensive plays. Our opponents had 996 total offensive plays

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html

How many against Florida?

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 10:15 AM
How many against Florida?

We had 70, they had 74

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/14_uf.html

Monster Zero
1/11/2009, 05:59 PM
I love the hurry up.

Thanks. That's what I was gonna try to say but I didn't know how. That nails it.

If Sam could've audibled a couple of times down by the goal line this would all be different. I remember Jason White talking about calling audibles when he went into the Texas game as Nate's backup.

StoopTroup
1/11/2009, 06:16 PM
Sam needs to be able to call some plays. He relies on the sideline call way to much. It's why I think he's not ready for the NFL...but yet...if they offer him the big dough...I could see him making the jump. Wilson and Josh brought him along slow and they were instrumental in Sam's success this year.

Just the way I see it now....and....the way I saw it all year.

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 06:22 PM
I'm just not a big fan of the double and triple audibles we do......ha

tator
1/11/2009, 10:38 PM
Sam needs to be able to call some plays. He relies on the sideline call way to much. It's why I think he's not ready for the NFL...but yet...if they offer him the big dough...I could see him making the jump. Wilson and Josh brought him along slow and they were instrumental in Sam's success this year.

Just the way I see it now....and....the way I saw it all year.
you're under the assumption that he's been given the green light to call his own plays and just chooses not to?

That could be a possibility and I just hadn't heard it. Just clarifying

Crucifax Autumn
1/12/2009, 12:00 AM
No, the problem is he DOESN'T have that option and hasn't been given the green light. All the audibles came from the sideline.