PDA

View Full Version : Players and Coaches talk prior to the game

ratedrsuperstar
1/10/2009, 09:09 AM
I saw a number of post here about how this year was going to be different and I posted on one of the threads that it wasn't nothing but talk unless they backed it up, it ended up just being "talk" as our team didn't get it done for the 5th straight time.

I know there was something like 117 other D1 teams who would have liked to be in our position Thursday night, but we have too good of coaches and players to come up short every time and until they take it personally, we will be the Buffalo Bills of college football.

The seniors on this team has lost 3 of 4 to the Whorns and 3 straight bowl games, not very good in the "big" games. I know you are going to say look at their record in the Big 12 Championships, but we all know these are 6-6 teams and like a Vanderbilt if they played in the SEC.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2009, 10:17 AM
It really is too bad Bob can't go undefeated every season.

leavingthezoo
1/10/2009, 10:20 AM
i bet rated is a bowl of sunshine at parties.

Desert Sapper
1/10/2009, 10:25 AM
We lost on Thursday? What happened? Fire Bob Stoops!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2009, 10:30 AM
Howard Schnellenberger woulda got it done!

Boomer Mooner
1/10/2009, 10:32 AM
I'm sure it's hard not to expect perfection when you're a "Rated Superstar". I bet he's mastered all the levels of the latest video games in his mom's basement.

olevetonahill
1/10/2009, 03:24 PM
Why is this Idjit still here ?

SteelCitySooner
1/10/2009, 03:46 PM
Why is this Idjit still here ?

I've wondered that 226 times..

swardboy
1/10/2009, 05:08 PM
His shtick is getting old......

BigDeezy
1/10/2009, 05:27 PM
trolling sometimes gets fish to bite

Vaevictis
1/10/2009, 06:16 PM
All "talk?"

The defense showed up in a way nobody expected. The offense -- well, the ball didn't bounce our way a couple of times, the officiating didn't go our way a couple of times, and the play calling didn't go our way a couple of times.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but seriously bashing our team for being all "talk" is just plain stupid.

bluedogok
1/10/2009, 06:30 PM
http://forum.austinrat.org/images/smiles/previous.gif...it's just amazing when you can't will all of them like some people expect. I guess that most of these types were not Sooner fans in the 89-98 time frame (probably Miami Hurrucane fans) or maybe were still in diapers and sucking on a binky during that period.

Maybe my level of expectations are different, I don't expect to go undefeated every season, it isn't the 70's where teams can stockpile players to keep them away from the competition. I expect a couple of losses a season figuring somewhere along the way a bunch of 18-23 year old guys are going to make mistakes and maybe, just maybe the other team may be more talented. This game was not TGOWWDNS, they had their chances and didn't get the win, that happens every day of the years to full-time players making millions in every sport. I guess all they say is just "talk" as well....

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2009, 07:04 PM
Howard that old drunk woulda got it done!

He is undefeated in bowl games. Therefore, he's a better coach than Bob Stoops. We should see about hiring him away from FAU (Is it FAU? I can't remember.)

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2009, 10:18 PM
How can any person on a messageboard complain that anyone is "all talk"?

Seems pretty stupid to me.

8timechamps
1/10/2009, 10:39 PM
Well ****! If we can't go undefeated, beat texas by 50 and win a national title every year, then I'm going to start cheering for one of the other teams that does!!!

oh, wait...

fail!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2009, 10:46 PM
He is undefeated in bowl games. Therefore, he's a better coach than Bob Stoops. We should see about hiring him away from FAU (Is it FAU? I can't remember.)Howard is prolly itchin' for another chance with a bigtime program. Maybe with him as HC, and Boo as recruiting coordinator, they might be JUST RIGHT for Notre Domer.