PDA

View Full Version : As long as Bob Stoops is here...

Crimsontothecore
1/9/2009, 11:42 PM
We stand a good chance of being in position to lose another 3 title games over the next 10 years. Dang our luck!:D

SPuL
1/9/2009, 11:47 PM
don't forget and win another one too. ~_~

I'd gladly go 1-4 in champ matches every 10 yrs. Most teams don't even get the chance to go 0-1, let alone participate in one.

VIVA LA BOBBY STOOPS! :D

sozo
1/9/2009, 11:50 PM
Totally agree guys!OSU fans will never have the chance to hurt the way we do today.Somehow that is comforting just the same way they take joy in us getting denied or 8th!

TXBOOMER
1/10/2009, 12:04 AM
Boomer Sooner! It sucks to keep getting top recruits and winning the conference championships and playing for national championships more often than any other team in the nation huh...

colleyvillesooner
1/10/2009, 01:00 AM
You can't win one if you don't play in the game.

I'll take playing in the game everytime.

PLaw
1/10/2009, 07:50 AM
We stand a good chance of being in position to lose another 3 title games over the next 10 years. Dang our luck!:D

Hey, I'm cool with it - playing in 40% of the national championship games. I bet Mack and a slew of others would give their first born to be in this many championship games. In fact, I've heard Mack has sold his sole to the devil for the opportuntiy next year.

The SOONERS could have easily smoked UF - the ball just didn't bounce our way. They were also charging back against LSU. No shame.

BOOMER

sendbaht
1/10/2009, 09:08 AM
OUr Bobby Stoops now wins 25% of the NC games he has us play in. Not bad really, I'll take that anyday.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2009, 09:23 AM

Wanna bet?

40 years from now USuCk will turn around and add 2008 to their list of bogus National Championships....and Utah will finally start their own list of bogus National Championships.

Texas....well, they are Texas...in 40 years they may add one more NC!

tulsaoilerfan
1/10/2009, 09:57 AM

Hell we can't win one even playing in the game;)

lank77
1/10/2009, 10:34 AM
OU has turned in to a REGIONAL Power hence the B12 championships. They are no longer a NATIONAL power hence losses to USC (Pac 10) LSU, FLA (SEC) Boise St (Mount West?) and W. Virginia (Big East)

Sooner70
1/10/2009, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm a Stoops guy too, but I'd rather be 2-2 vs. 1-3 in these games, which I'm sure Bob would agree. I think that was Barry's mark in NC games...won about half.

Anyway, I kinda see the glass a bit half full. I was aghast at the possiblity of another USC or West Virginia meltdown. The Sooners were up & Bob had them prepared. They were game, but came up short. To me, it was opposite of the Texas game where the defense let us down late in the game. This time, the defensive put forth a very credible effort against a great offensive team and the offensive team fell short, especially in the red zone. Can't fritter away red zone chances against a team like Florida (or Texas) and expect to win.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2009, 10:49 AM
OU has turned in to a REGIONAL Power hence the B12 championships. They are no longer a NATIONAL power hence losses to USC (Pac 10) LSU, FLA (SEC) Boise St (Mount West?) and W. Virginia (Big East)

Aha, here's number four. Looks like your copy and paste was short on this one though.

oubose
1/10/2009, 11:03 AM

I'm going to say it, lank77 YOU SUCK! we don't need **** from a guy like you today. If your not a true SOONER fan today STFU you little troll.

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

SoonerGrad2003
1/10/2009, 11:07 AM
Generally I agree with the sentiment that being there and losing is better than not being there at all. However, I am worried that all these BCS losses weaken the perception of the Big 12 and weaken the perception of OU nationally. USC got hurt this year because everyone thought the Pac 10 sucked. Well, if OU is in a similar position next year and everything perceives the Big 12 as overrated, OU could be on the outside of the nat'l title game looking in.

budbarrybob
1/10/2009, 12:06 PM

Lank watch This:

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/94412

CrimsonJim
1/10/2009, 01:22 PM

Aha, here's number four. Looks like your copy and paste was short on this one though.

I guess that's just the extent of his/her "intelligent dialogue"....

nytehorn
1/10/2009, 04:05 PM
Soonergrad, you WILL be on the outside looking in, because Texas will be there! ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2009, 04:23 PM

Well said.

Not to mention 6 more conference titles.

Boomer Mooner
1/10/2009, 04:33 PM
Generally I agree with the sentiment that being there and losing is better than not being there at all. However, I am worried that all these BCS losses weaken the perception of the Big 12 and weaken the perception of OU nationally. USC got hurt this year because everyone thought the Pac 10 sucked. Well, if OU is in a similar position next year and everything perceives the Big 12 as overrated, OU could be on the outside of the nat'l title game looking in.

All we have to do is win out and we will get a crack at it.

Losing this game may result in us keeping Sam another year. If he stays I really like our chances. I would prefer to have a W on the whorns when we win number eight anyway.