PDA

View Full Version : Still in Miami.....

bonkuba
1/9/2009, 11:01 PM
Well, after having a day to reflect in the sun of the keys I wanted to post a bit about my family's experience at the game.

First, the experience overall is something that everyone on this board should try to do at least once (any bowl we are in).....it is something you will never forget. My family and I have been to all bowls since 2000 and I have to say we enjoyed (after a day or two to get over the last 5 lossses) every bit of it.

I have to say that the Florida fans we met and set next to were really gracious and would talk to my kids giving them high fives (even when OU scored believe it or not). The only un-ruly fan in my section (431) was a idiot (and I use the word lightly) Sooner fan......as much as I hate to say it this guy was the biggest asshat I have ever seen (or heard). Everyone put up with him for a while.....then when Florida players were hurt he would yell out "****in' Sissy....get up!!!". This went on for a bit and I tried to ignore.....then a great Sooner fan stood up and told him to shut up there are kids and ladies present. This pissed him off more.....another guy yelled at him...went to the cop.....guy was gone. This guy gave us a bad name.......geeeesh.

Am I pissed about the game......yes. Do I know what should be done.....no. Anyone that claims to know what to do is an idiot. I believe in Stoops and I believe he did everything possible to win.

I am still wearing my crimson and cream here in Miami and will be until we leave for Ardmore tomorrow morning. Actually, I have got a great many gator fans coming up to me and saying.... "You guys are the best team by far we have ever faced.".

One final note. Don't believe that all the crap that Tebow (however you spell is ****ing name) does is sanctioned by all Florida fans. When he did that Gator chomp at the end all the gator fans around us actually gave him a "Boo". Actually, my true feelings are that Tebow is taking up good Sooner air and that should cease. I was actually starting to respect him until the end of the game. He is a low class fool...nothing more..nothing less.

Overall GREAT experience and I cannot wait until next year. No matter where my Sooners go we will be there.

Once again, thank you to all the Gator fans that treated us so well. We will get you next time!!!

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 11:05 PM
Great Post , Spek
I think we have a few of those asshats here On the Board .:O

josh09
1/9/2009, 11:06 PM
I enjoyed the USC game in Miami as well. I think Florida fans are more gracious, but still, USC fans arent exactly as bad as LSU or Texas. But I agree, the atmosphere in Miami and on South Beach is great (unless it gets a little too late, if you know what i mean....)

Eddie Adams
1/9/2009, 11:19 PM
I had a good time at the game, except for the outcome. Gator fans were ok for the most part, but we encountered some absolutely classless people in the parking lot afterward (probably people who didn't get into the game). I never said a word to any of them or looked directly at any of them, but I had some get in my face yelling "Gator bait!", "Get out of our state"!, "Go home!", "That does it for the Big 12, you guys suck!", etc., etc. I'm staying in Port Saint Lucie with a friend at the moment and when we went to dinner I had multiple people approach me and say nonsense like "Go Gators!", "You losers are still here?", "Gator bait!", etc. I met a few decent Florida fans, but the bad ones have made Texas fans seem classy in comparison. My trip has been alright, but I'm ready to get the hell out of Florida.

sooner59
1/10/2009, 02:33 AM
I also heard some in the parking lot yelling, "Go back to your reservation", "How is the corn?" (didn't get it, we aren't Nebraska), and lots of cussing. I did encountered some dignified gator fans. But most I encountered were dip*****. I was disappointed in their fanbase from what I experienced. They even tried to fight my friend while we were trying to get a cab. I applaud those gator fans who represented their school well. To the others...I have never had anything against your school until I encountered you. You give your university a bad name. You were there 2 years ago.....act like it.

olevetonahill
1/10/2009, 03:55 AM
I had a good time at the game, except for the outcome. Gator fans were ok for the most part, but we encountered some absolutely classless people in the parking lot afterward (probably people who didn't get into the game). I never said a word to any of them or looked directly at any of them, but I had some get in my face yelling "Gator bait!", "Get out of our state"!, "Go home!", "That does it for the Big 12, you guys suck!", etc., etc. I'm staying in Port Saint Lucie with a friend at the moment and when we went to dinner I had multiple people approach me and say nonsense like "Go Gators!", "You losers are still here?", "Gator bait!", etc. I met a few decent Florida fans, but the bad ones have made Texas fans seem classy in comparison. My trip has been alright, but I'm ready to get the hell out of Florida.

I would Have broke every Knuckle On my Hands along with the asstards Faces
Just me tho .;)

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2009, 03:59 AM
I'd have dragged them to the nearest swamp, cut 'em up real good, thrown 'em in the water, and waited for a REALgator to eat 'em and started yealling "who's the gaytor bait now beeyotches?????"