PDA

View Full Version : Enough with focusing on the bad, let's focus on the good

SPuL
1/9/2009, 08:03 PM
Sure '08 didn't end the way we all would have hoped. But there was a lot to be proud of during this season. Anyways, so what one game, moment, play, etc. did you enjoy the most of this past season?

For me, it had to be the Texas Tech game. The energy not only from the crowd. But the defense, the offense, the whole team. The whole place just had a crazy energy around it. I could tell it just from watching on TV. Imagine being there. Then of course there was the score. The spring board game to our spot in the title and Sammy's heisman.

what about y'all?

BOOMER!!

Cappy
1/9/2009, 08:17 PM
That was a good one, but my favorite might have been the first four minutes of the Nebraska game and looking up seeing it was 28-0. That was special.

SPuL
1/9/2009, 09:41 PM
That was another great game. I'm sure much more for those who have a recollection of many of the great OU-Nebraska games in the rivalry

MyT Oklahoma
1/9/2009, 09:46 PM
I took my daughter to 3 games (Cincinnati, Kansas State and the Big 12 Championship Game). Getting to enjoy those wins with her were the highlights of the season for me.

85Sooner
1/9/2009, 10:06 PM
Sure '08 didn't end the way we all would have hoped. But there was a lot to be proud of during this season. Anyways, so what one game, moment, play, etc. did you enjoy the most of this past season?

For me, it had to be the Texas Tech game. The energy not only from the crowd. But the defense, the offense, the whole team. The whole place just had a crazy energy around it. I could tell it just from watching on TV. Imagine being there. Then of course there was the score. The spring board game to our spot in the title and Sammy's heisman.

what about y'all?

BOOMER!!

or 2003 or 2004 or 2006 or 2007 ................ Oh well there is always next year!

SPuL
1/9/2009, 10:48 PM
sad when Bomar is the QB for the one season that is judged as acceptable in the last few yrs. :(

oubose
1/9/2009, 11:16 PM
I went to three great games this year all special in there own way. From the rain delay against Chatt. to the marathon match up against Kansas, and topping it off with the BIG12 Championship game in KC. On TV it was the Husker game, I grew up in Nebraska and got **** my whole life for being a SOONER fan. There were plenty of great games this year so to put my finger on just one would do no justice.

Nebraska born, but SOONER bread, and when I die I'll be SOONER dead.

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2009, 01:06 AM
To me, something very special about this season was overcoming all the biggest football cliche of them all "Defense wins championships". I'm all for great defense like everyone else, but this was a rebuilding year for our D. The back 7 was not only inexperienced, we were very thin at LB. You just don't challenge for a national title in a rebuilding year - especially rebuilding the defense. And yet our team won the conference and earned a slot in the title game. And as everyone saw, it wouldn't have taken but a few plays the other way to win the thing.

I've watched OU football since '71 and seen 4 title teams and twice that many get close. None of those teams did it while rebuilding - they were always in years where things came together on offense and defense. If this team had won, it would have been the sweetest for me because of that. I'm still thrilled with how far they got.

SPuL
1/10/2009, 01:10 AM
^but then many would argue. We played in the Big 12, where defense doesn't exist... :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah, ant those people need to be punched in the face!