PDA

View Full Version : Respect to all the Sooner fans out there...

SPuL
1/9/2009, 06:27 PM
So it's pretty much been a day since the game. Couldn't sleep till 3:30 am. Stayed in bed till 1 pm. Woke up, and just sat there for another hour staring at the wall. Basically just been walking around aimlessly. Watched Wed's Friday Night Lights episode for the first time. (not a good idea, resurfaced some anger lol) Haven't eaten yet.

The loss stings. But it's a game, and sooner or later the pain will go away, and life goes on.

Bot one thing that amazed me is the amount of maturity I've witnessed from Sooner fans here, and throughout. I'm a Jaguars fan, and when the season is over, and during the season, all I hear is bitching and crying and making excuses, demanding respect, etc. (I mean they are from Florida) Same with all the Boston fans that surround me.

So I was really surprised seeing the reaction here. Most people congratulated the Gators, and gave appreciation to the great season these Sooners gave for us. It's really nice to see sports fans be able to take a loss as graciously as I've seen.

I don't know if many of you sat around till the clock struck 0:00. But seeing Bob Stoops face as he watched the clock run out was real telling. He didn't blink for minutes it appeared. You can tell this one really hurt him. I'm sure a lot of sooner fans out there felt the same way. Even Nic Harris at his post game interview. His body language told the tale. Frustration, last game as a Sooner and to come so close. Even Sam didn't have his same composure we've seen from him all season long on that podium.

It was tough. adding to that was seeing that cocky arrogant SOB Tim Tebow have the audacity to talk trash to Nic Harris and do the gator chomp. As if winning the national title wasn't enough.

It hurts, but much respect to the Florida Gators. They were the better team out there. Their defense made the plays all game long. And I now know why many Florida Fans acted if they were gonna commit suicide when hearing that Percy harvin might have not played. He is the real deal. I would have compliment Tebow, but his arrogance and cockyness just makes you hate him.

But yea, it sucks. As a Sooner fan I've witnessed the sooners go to 6 BCS bowls. They've gone 1-5 (0-3 in titles) during that time. So it's pretty painful witnessing that. But it'll only make their next championship be that much sweeter!

But congrats to the Sooners coach staff and the Sooners offense for providing us with an outstanding season. And major props to the defense for stepping it up when everything was on the line. And respect to all you sooner fans for showing me that there are some decent sports fans out there.

till next year! BOOMER!!

josh09
1/9/2009, 06:35 PM
Today was very similar for me haha. Through these BCS losses, I think ive come to be more patient and optimistic. Life goes on, and we're still THE Oklahoma Sooners! And no one can take that from us :) I mean, we've eventually got to win one soon! It's only a matter of time.

SPuL
1/9/2009, 06:41 PM
Today was very similar for me haha. Through these BCS losses, I think ive come to be more patient and optimistic. Life goes on, and we're still THE Oklahoma Sooners! And no one can take that from us :) I mean, we've eventually got to win one soon! It's only a matter of time.

Exactly man. It sucks, it hurts. But if you look at the big picture. How many teams can say they had as many chances as we had? And with the way Stoops recruits, and coaches, we will continue to get opportunities. And like you said eventually we HAVE to win one.

It just bothers me this will just provide more fire to the nay sayers, and more dirt will be rubbed on the Oklahoma name. The choke-la-homa taunts will only grow stronger. It's unfair to Bob Stoops and the rest of the program, but that's what it is.

The sooners will be thrown to the floor and kicked for their performance this year. But fact remains, they gave Florida all they could handle. The game was 14-14 in the 4th. Bradford had the Sooners driving down 3 with 11 mins left. So they definitely proved they belong their as one of the nations top two teams.

I just hope Sam comes back. I know he has that fighting spirit. And to lose like this, I hope that only increases his desire to come back. Prove his nay sayers wrong and hopefully go out with a crown next year.

batonrougesooner
1/9/2009, 06:51 PM
Just got back in from Miami a few hours ago.

It sucks but it's just a game. Nobody's life is going to be worse off for it.

Congrats to Florida. They earned it.

Wasn't too impressed with some of the Gator fans. Several were really classless. Similar to LSU. I guess Gator football is all some of them have going for them in their lives...and vicariously at that.

Oh well, here's to next year.

josh09
1/9/2009, 06:53 PM
Exactly man. It sucks, it hurts. But if you look at the big picture. How many teams can say they had as many chances as we had? And with the way Stoops recruits, and coaches, we will continue to get opportunities. And like you said eventually we HAVE to win one.

It just bothers me this will just provide more fire to the nay sayers, and more dirt will be rubbed on the Oklahoma name. The choke-la-homa taunts will only grow stronger. It's unfair to Bob Stoops and the rest of the program, but that's what it is.

The sooners will be thrown to the floor and kicked for their performance this year. But fact remains, they gave Florida all they could handle. The game was 14-14 in the 4th. Bradford had the Sooners driving down 3 with 11 mins left. So they definitely proved they belong their as one of the nations top two teams.

I just hope Sam comes back. I know he has that fighting spirit. And to lose like this, I hope that only increases his desire to come back. Prove his nay sayers wrong and hopefully go out with a crown next year.

Yea, like when the flippin jerk off camera man from Fox got about a foot from Bobbys face with about 3 min left in the game, I could tell this one hurt him the worst. And as for Sam, I think he would definitely have left had we won. But I know this one hurts him as much, if not more, than anyone. Also, the fact that Colt's coming back might affect his decision....:D

Desert Sapper
1/9/2009, 06:54 PM
I think the boys left it all on the field last night. For that, I am very proud. I think they did in the Boise game, too, but people forget that, because they lost on that last second deal. This was like that. I end the season proud of my Sooners, but disappointed we couldn't finish it up and bring home a crystal football.

SPuL
1/9/2009, 07:04 PM
Yea, like when the flippin jerk off camera man from Fox got about a foot from Bobbys face with about 3 min left in the game, I could tell this one hurt him the worst. And as for Sam, I think he would definitely have left had we won. But I know this one hurts him as much, if not more, than anyone. Also, the fact that Colt's coming back might affect his decision....:D

yea man. I felt bad for him. Everything he has to go through. Not fair for how great of a coach he is. And yea, man. Sam looked so uncharacteristic at the podium. Almost sensed a bit of anger and annoyance from him. Almost seemed a little snappy when the reporter mentioned his interception in endzone. Maybe telling of how upsetting that turnover was and the effect it had on the whole team.

I think the boys left it all on the field last night. For that, I am very proud. I think they did in the Boise game, too, but people forget that, because they lost on that last second deal. This was like that. I end the season proud of my Sooners, but disappointed we couldn't finish it up and bring home a crystal football.

Yea, man. That reminds me of that Friday Night Lights episode I watched:

*SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO WATCH AND HAVEN'T SEEN*

they have their state finals game. Down 27-0 at half. Change back to Veteran QB, get back on top 28-27. Lose on last second FG (It's TV) But at end one of their seniors comes back and looks at the empty stadium. Takes off his cleats, and places them in the endzone.

I believe that's exactly how the Sooners did last night. The energy was there. Like I said earlier, all season long the bounces were all going our way. Today we had a couple unfortunate bounces that went against us. Leading to some key turnovers.

Also, I forgot to mention I gotta give it to the refs. Me personally, I thought they did a FANTASTIC job at letting both teams play. And the penalties that were called were obvious, and it was the teams fault. So good job refs.

Also, still waiting for someone to answer the Boomer in my first post :D

cvsooner
1/9/2009, 07:09 PM
I admit I'm ready to bring back the days when BCS stands for Boomer Champion Sooner. Someday...

Collier11
1/9/2009, 07:42 PM
For all of us who woke up this morning, things are ok and will only get better. Stoops will have us back here soon enough, maybe even next yr if Sammy comes back. It hurts right now, it should hurt, but in September we will all be back on campus anxiously awaiting kickoff

SPuL
1/9/2009, 07:52 PM
I sure hope most woke up this morning. I know I tried to stay asleep as long as I could before getting hit with a text message by my bro. He supports Florida. Fill in the rest

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 08:44 PM
till next year! BOOMER!!

SOONER!!

SPuL
1/9/2009, 09:40 PM
^haha thank you. was waiting for that :cool:

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 10:37 PM
Much welcome ;)

Somebody's gotta answer them thar thangs!!! Might as well be me.

SPuL
1/9/2009, 10:49 PM
Yea, saved me from having a Billy Sims moment theree :D

oubose
1/9/2009, 10:53 PM
THANK YOU!!!

It take guys like all of you (men, women, grandmas, grandpas, poor sports, good sports, pot sturrers, trash talkers, experts, die hards, alumni, and last but not least WHORN HATERS) that help make the season complete. Without a doubt I would have went insane without you to get me threw the season. With no saturday football and no weekly high lites I will still need you as my crutch, so please don't run out on me for these next 8 months. SOONER football is not just seasonal, it's all year for some of us and I'm sure it's the same for some of yOU!

Thank yOU for all yOU have done. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

The Remnant
1/9/2009, 11:08 PM
After slugging the bathroom wall and going into the garage and cussing out the lawnmower , I feel much better. I would much rather be an Oklahoma Sooner fan and have them lose a BCS Championship game than be a fan of any other school. I'll still get goosebumps when I hear Boomer Sooner.

SPuL
1/9/2009, 11:15 PM
True that man. I'm just waiting for me to get back my sense that "life goes on". Too down in the dumps to get around to doing something productive.

I think it has to do with this whole last month it's like every day I kept counting down to this game. Now it's like "what's there to count down too?" LOL damnnn :(

Sooner02
1/9/2009, 11:24 PM
At least this year's loss is not as physically painful to me. The night of the Fiesta Bowl last year I got a kidney stone.

wishbonesooner
1/9/2009, 11:26 PM
I'd been holding back since the BIG 12 CG. Wasn't gonna let myself get all fired up. By late afternoon yesterday, my phone was buzzing every couple of minutes with text messages from my kids, my grandkids, and every friend I have. One word was all it took to get me fired up like the old days.
BOOMER!
We will be back. Book it.

texas bandman
1/10/2009, 12:33 AM
It was a tough loss. Have you ever wondered why Bob Stoops visits all those kids in the hospital? When it comes down to winning or losing a football game or a child fighting for his life...what is more important? Just this thought help me keep it in perspective. Bob's a good man and a great coach. Sure I wish we would have won, but in the grand scheme of things it's not life or death.

SPuL
1/10/2009, 12:53 AM
^exactly man.

it just sucks how all that happens to a genuinely good guy. Not only the losses, but now hes gotta hear all this "Big Game BOOM" crap thrown around. pshh...

then you got cocky arrogant SOB's like Tim Tebow winning championships. oh well....

redhawk49
1/10/2009, 01:23 AM
It was a tough loss. Have you ever wondered why Bob Stoops visits all those kids in the hospital? When it comes down to winning or losing a football game or a child fighting for his life...what is more important? Just this thought help me keep it in perspective. Bob's a good man and a great coach. Sure I wish we would have won, but in the grand scheme of things it's not life or death.

Exactly. 1988 was my first year in school here and I remember it was the beginning of the end for The King. Also, it was the start of the downfall of the football program. (We all know what happened-no need to rehash) Little did I know that our football team would be mired in a hole for ten years. Along comes Bob and the resurrection begins. Jump ahead ten years and we are consistently one of the top five teams(#1 in my eyes) and usually in position to go for all the beans (not to mention an unexpected N/C). Bob has built a winner. He's built it right. Above all he has values that I think all Sooner Fans can relate to. If any of you think that he's not worth every penny he's paid then I have to call B/S!
First, Congratulations to Coach Stoops and Staff and to the players! Can't wait til we take it out on BYU! Oh, and congrats to the Gators.
BOOMER!

OklahomaRed
1/10/2009, 02:12 AM
If I could have any of them back it would be the Boise State game. If we wouldn't have gotten jinked in that game there wouldn't have been all the pressure in this game. If I say that hook and lateral re-run one more time I'm going to smash my T.V. Bob doesn't deserve all the pressure put on the Sooners to win these games. I'm behind the Sooners 100% and I'm proud of the game they played, the game they coached, and the class they showed. It's great to be a Sooner and expect to be there year after year. Just keep plugging away and luck will turn back our way. It always does. Sooner Nation, Sooner Magic, and Boomer-Sooner!!!! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

birddog
1/10/2009, 07:04 AM
Being a Sooner is a way of life. Most of us are born with it in our blood, others decide to join the family. however a person gets there, we are lucky that we can spend a few months out of the year knowing we have the best tradition, best uniforms, best (classiest) players, and a coach that every program in the country would die to have.

i am proud that we outplayed florida, and when it's all said and done we can look to the future knowing we'll be there fighting for titles.

SPuL
1/10/2009, 01:39 PM
yea, someone invent a time machine already so we can forward up 8 months! :D

StoopTroup
1/10/2009, 01:40 PM
See you guys at the Red and White Game.