PDA

View Full Version : Defense wins championships and

ratedrsuperstar
1/9/2009, 03:01 PM
offense puts people in the seats. I'll take a good defense and a running game and I'll whip a spread offensive teams *** any day of the week.

Last night it showed and OUr defense played as good as they could have, who here thought we'd hold the Gators to 24 points or less ?

The spread isn't much more that a glorified "run and shoot" and it has always struggled in the red zone against good defenses. When OU puts a fullback in the game and Sam goes under center, they are going to run between the tackles and Fla's speed on the line blew right by OUr fat linemen. Big Linemen pass block well, run block not so good.

cvsooner
1/9/2009, 04:15 PM
offense puts people in the seats. I'll take a good defense and a running game and I'll whip a spread offensive teams *** any day of the week.

Last night it showed and OUr defense played as good as they could have, who here thought we'd hold the Gators to 24 points or less ?

The spread isn't much more that a glorified "run and shoot" and it has always struggled in the red zone against good defenses. When OU puts a fullback in the game and Sam goes under center, they are going to run between the tackles and Fla's speed on the line blew right by OUr fat linemen. Big Linemen pass block well, run block not so good.

Which is why it would have made more sense to run a pass play out of that very set inside the five-yard line. Run-pass option...toss sweep....somethin'.