PDA

View Full Version : I want the WISHBONE!

boomersooner28
1/9/2009, 02:25 PM
Bring back the running QB and 3 stud running backs, gimme a stud TE and a WR or 2. Also, I would like to order a stellar defense like the old days. This panzy finesse spread attack that has swept through the Big 12 has made our conference a pansy finesse conference and I am damn sick of it. Floridas offense is nothing more than a new type of wishbone. The pro-style QB system in college just doesn't get it done when it counts.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2009, 02:40 PM
Heh.

Wait, you ARE kidding, right?

Widescreen
1/9/2009, 02:43 PM
Cool. Let's go out and recruit a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier athletes who know they'll never play in the NFL. That's exactly what we need. You want to kill recruiting? Just announce you're switching to option football.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2009, 02:45 PM
But it worked for Blake!!!!

boomersooner28
1/9/2009, 02:47 PM
Nope, not kidding. What have these Heisman winning QB's won us besides Conference Titles? Not knocking JW or SB at all. They are studs. But this system isn't meant for college football when you match up athlete for athlete. Just my opinion. Carry on.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2009, 02:58 PM
WOW.

Just WOW.

That is probably one opinion I would keep to myself if I were you.

I guess you don't remember the 90s all that well, huh??

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 03:24 PM
Actually, he makes a point: Everyone said that we needed to abandon the wishbone because of one loss each year from 1985 to 1987, yet here we are unable to win the big one every year and no one knocks our style of offense.

For the record, I like our offense. But it was pretty silly to knock our offense back in 1987 because it struggled with ONE team.

I also think that the bone can work well today, but it would take a major recruiting refocus to do it and that isn't going to happen.

boomersooner28
1/9/2009, 04:55 PM
WOW.

Just WOW.

That is probably one opinion I would keep to myself if I were you.

I guess you don't remember the 90s all that well, huh??

90's? You mean Nebraska dominant OPTION attacks with running QB's? Clarifies my point.

Sasakwa
1/9/2009, 05:45 PM
You want to kill recruiting? Just announce you're switching to option football.

This. From WRs and QBs to OL, you're going to have a tough time getting recruits if you go to the option. OL need to prove they can pass block to get drafted, QBs suited for this want to be labeled "dual-threat" because that is so en vouge right now. To get that label they need to throw it. And how the hell are you going to get a decent WR to sign?