PDA

View Full Version : 33 days to prepare for our offense, and 33

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 02:02 PM
days for our offense to lose a little rhythm from the season.:mad:

All of the talk about coaches, tim tebow, and florida's defense. There has to be some amongst us who understood that 4 weeks to prepare for something is long time. I heard it takes 30 days to break a habit, and from what I understand is that Florida trashed their defensive tendencies and became a defense that transformed itself into a fast break stopping defense.

Scoring all across the board is down during bowl season.; And I heard both teams defensive players say that they pretty much know or knew what the other team is going to.

So the defenses change with the long break, but it seems the offenses stay the same. If this game is played a week or 2 weeks after the season, is the score higher?

You have 33 days to prepare for a test. 33 days to figure out what makes your woman happy, and 33 days to prepare for a fast break offense, after only being exposed to run oriented offense for the last 3 months, what do you do?

cjames317
1/9/2009, 02:49 PM
Work on kick coverage? Seems like they finally got that down.

cvsooner
1/9/2009, 02:57 PM
Kickoff coverage was much improved. We had great field position in the first half, not so great in second half. Opportunities were there but we didn't get it done.

The long layoff does work to the advantage of a defense over an offense, no question in my mind. However, Florida's effort to stop a 'fast break' offense wasn't all that successful. When we ran it, it worked well. I don't understand the tendency to go to such basic playcalling when something else is working so well. Just don't get it.