PDA

View Full Version : FWIW

aero
1/9/2009, 01:01 PM
Well, here's what I think.

Championships aren't easy to come by. More than likely, you will face a team equally as good as you and probably the best you've faced that year. I'd say Florida was both.

Sam didn't have a bad game. Several passes were not caught. Some perhaps should have been, a lot were due to Florida's d backs.

Our defense was just what I thought. A pretty good unit. They did not embarrass us. Actually played a pretty good game against a pretty good team. Once again, they probably spent a little too much time on the field and that helped account for the late scores they gave up.

The play calling appeared to be somewhat out of sync. Many coaches go into games with their first 20 plays scripted. It almost seemed like we were trying to figure out what play to call while Sam was out there waiting for the signal.

The 2 non scores in the first half were a death blow. Once again, credit Florida's D for huge stops. But as a side note, the first failure seemed discombobulated. The 3rd down seemed like it took forever to get off, especially for a dive into the line, and the 4th down seemed hurried and out of sync. The INT before the half was unfortunate but thats the way the ball bounces and Florida's D made the play.

Congratulations to Florida. You have a very good team. Enjoy.

Does it suck to lose? Absolutely. But you'll never win if your afraid to lose. People love to point out others failures. It's always been like that and it will never change. Doesn't bother me. I know we are good. I know we have a history and tradition of winning and championships that is rivaled by few. If others need to degrade and ridicule us to make themselves feel better about their programs, I understand and have sympathy for them. It only makes me feel more proud that we have the program we do.

Another year has passed. It was another great year as many have been even without an MNC. We will lose players who have represented OU well. We will miss them as we welcome new players to carry on the legacy. We will fall again. But as always, we will get back up and start climbing again. And we will be back.

Thanks to all of the players. I have thoroughly enjoyed the moments you gave me. Thanks to the coaches. I know you are trying your best, which is pretty damn good, and you will deliver. After 114 years and well over 1000 games, we have 7 MNC's, which is more than just about every other school. They don't come easy and they don't come often. But you are keeping us in the mix and that's where you have to be if you want to win it.

BOOMER SOONER

SoonerTank
1/9/2009, 02:09 PM
I agree with your post and although it is a disappointing way to end another football year, I'll always come back.

TahoeSOONER
1/9/2009, 03:10 PM
Much spek Aero, put it in perspective and refreshing read.

BOOMER!

aero
1/9/2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks, Tahoe. I can't wait till next year.