PDA

View Full Version : Points in national title games

The Maestro
1/9/2009, 12:38 PM
Our last five trips.

14, 13, 14, 19 and 14.

The lowest score was a win. The highest score was a 36 point loss.

Why the hell can't we score more in national title games?

That is all.

Boomer.

*BURP*

85Sooner
1/9/2009, 01:05 PM
Well, it can't be the coaching from what I have been told.

boomersooner28
1/9/2009, 02:27 PM
IMHO, its our style of offense. We can run over competition in the pansy *** big 12 becasue we have better athletes. When you match up with a defense that has the same athletes they make you one dimensional and shut you down. The pro-style QB doesnt work all that well in college. Need a QB that can run the option as well.

SoonerTank
1/9/2009, 02:30 PM
IMHO, its our style of offense. We can run over competition in the pansy *** big 12 becasue we have better athletes. When you match up with a defense that has the same athletes they make you one dimensional and shut you down. The pro-style QB doesnt work all that well in college. Need a QB that can run the option as well.

That is exactly what I was telling an "SEC" fan this morning. The two teams that beat us had one more weapon than we have, a quarterback that can make yards with his legs.

MALE918
1/9/2009, 03:17 PM
The schedule is suppose to get us ready for a final game. In 2000 we had to play tex, k-st, and neb. not only were they ranked high but they really were everything they were advertised as (just because a team is ranked high, doesn't mean they are really that good-i know i'm stating an obvious here). we are not getting what we need from the big 12 teams. they were exposed, even though i still believe oklahoma is for real, the rest are not enough of a gauntlet for us. don't schedule anymore of the lower, middle rung and iffy teams (chattanooga, washington-yes have been good but not consistently) go with the sure fire i'm going to be good and athletic consistently ooc teams. especially ones with physical defenses.
we could also take a page from (damn i can't believe i'm saying this) pete carroll and allow practices to just be a mugging 1 on 1, mano et mano, let's strap it up and go. this MIGHT get us ready for the physicallity of bowl games. but what do i know? that's why i'm on this computer and not on the sidelines.

UberSooner
1/9/2009, 03:26 PM
Mangino, Long, Wilson. Its a Big Ten bonanza so we play like the big ten in bowl games. The bigger the game, the more conservative the game plan. Just ask Tressel and Paterno.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 03:45 PM
Perhaps the theme here should be
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS