PDA

View Full Version : Who would like to hang out with tim tebow?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 12:29 PM
Ever? In any situation? I can think of very few:
1. Over the top missionary types
2. Lepers
3. Jock sniffers (florida only)

I respect the guy for being a good competitor and playing hard and living a clean life. I have lost a lot of respect for him after he taunted our players and did that rehearsed ridiculous fist pumping, up and down the field.

Outside of a church camp style atmosphere, the guy would cramp just about anyone's style.

The announcers stated that after 5 minutes with tebow he would change your life. I can only assume that means I would spend my life strategically staying the **** away from that jackass.

ocsooner
1/9/2009, 12:38 PM
I lost a lot of respect for the guy after watching him taunt and pump his fist and run around all over the place.

One thing that comes out of a Stoops-coached team is an attitude of respect. If one of our players did that taunting, he would get a lot of helmet shaking and spit in the face from one of the coaches. You just don't see that kind of behavior from a well coached team.

MichiganSooner
1/9/2009, 12:40 PM
I suppose he is a great guy and inspirational leader not only to his team but to people in general, but I sure got aggravated listening to the announcers tell us over and over about it. Hardly any mention of Sam. Anyone who plays any type of varsity sport at any college and gets a 3.95 GPA has my respect. Nothing mentioned regarding Sam.

OU-HSV
1/9/2009, 12:43 PM
Ever? In any situation? I can think of very few:
1. Over the top missionary types
2. Lepers
3. Jock sniffers (florida only)

I respect the guy for being a good competitor and playing hard and living a clean life. I have lost a lot of respect for him after he taunted our players and did that rehearsed ridiculous fist pumping, up and down the field.

Outside of a church camp style atmosphere, the guy would cramp just about anyone's style.

The announcers stated that after 5 minutes with tebow he would change your life. I can only assume that means I would spend my life strategically staying the **** away from that jackass.

You left off a number:
4. kids in the Philippines

Other than that, I love your post. Props to Tebow and Florida for winning, but Tebow's taunting and celebrating after that one long run like that was the game winning play...annoying and disrespectful

Tulsa_Fireman
1/9/2009, 12:44 PM
I especially liked how they went on about the injured, wide receiving son of a baptist minister and how upstanding a young man he was as he was up in folks faces and talking crap with his ever faithful major in 'Recreational Event Management'.

Lemme know how that ping-pong tournament down at the local rec center turns out while I choke on this media-forced, Tim Tebow autographed, officially licensed blue and orange chode.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 12:50 PM
... but Tebow's taunting and celebrating after that one long run like that was the game winning play...

Look at me! Look at me!!! Did you see what I did? Cheer damn you! CHEER FOR MY AWESOMENESS!!!

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 12:53 PM
We ordinary sinful mortals just can't stand the uber-righteous, can we? :D
Of course, if he were a Sooner, we'd be loving his guts. But even if he were a Sooner, I think we might get tired of hearing his praises sung all the day long. While St Tim-bo is probably sincere -- to a nauseating degree -- it reeks of hypocrisy for the devoutly secular media to slobber all over his jockstrap because of his religious missionary work and other acts of saintliness. I can admire the guy, maybe only because as a fellow Christian I feel somewhat obligated to do so. But I have no desire to meet the guy or spend any amount of time with him. Partly because, in additioin to his being holy and sincere, I think he's kinda dumb.

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 12:53 PM
that is why i watch games with the mute on

Tulsa_Fireman
1/9/2009, 12:54 PM
I AM RAISING MY TEAM UP ON MY SHOULDERS! I WILL CHEER HARDER THAN ANYONE AS I RAISE THEM UP!

I AM A LEADER AND A GOOD FRIEND OF JESUS, BUT NOT THE JESUS THAT MOWS YOUR LAWN!

jT9MRj5FBpI

Tebow is a friend of mine!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 12:54 PM
This guy would
http://www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/389x205/061103_haggard.jpghttp://

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 12:56 PM
Let me add that he displays what I call "the wonder of an uncluttered mind." Which is to say, he seems unburdened by excessive thinking.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 12:56 PM
We ordinary sinful mortals just can't stand the uber-righteous, can we? :D
Of course, if he were a Sooner, we'd be loving his guts. But even if he were a Sooner, I think we might get tired of hearing his praises sung all the day long. While St Tim-bo is probably sincere -- to a nauseating degree -- it reeks of hypocrisy for the devoutly secular media to slobber all over his jockstrap because of his religious missionary work and other acts of saintliness. I can admire the guy, maybe only because as a fellow Christian I feel somewhat obligated to do so. But I have no desire to meet the guy or spend any amount of time with him. Partly because, in additioin to his being holy and sincere, I think he's kinda dumb.

How well do you think he does in science classes?

"Science is heresy." -tt

KingDavid
1/9/2009, 12:59 PM
I was a complete skeptic about Tebow until last night. But I think he is actually the genuine article, for the most part. And he has my respect as a good kid with a good heart and a great work ethic.

The taunt at the end of the game was juvenile and relatively benign. It's to be expected. He's still a kid with a lot of growing up to do.

But truth be told, I'm sure I'd be the first one in the door of his tent revival if we'd signed him 4 years ago and he had helped us add #8 to the trophy case. And if he helped us win #9 . . . I'd even respond to the altar call. And I'll be there'd be a lot of you who'd be rolling out of your pews with me.

All that being said . . . I have only slightly more interest in hanging out with Tim Tebow than I do with Richard Simmons. I would expect the depth of dialogue to be about the same in either encounter.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/9/2009, 01:00 PM
But God had sex with some dirt to create mankind!

Except for the folks in the land of Nod. They must be dirty Sooner fans.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 01:01 PM
that is why i watch games with the mute on

Heh. I was watching with the sound off, and my wife asked me to turn it up. After about 30 seconds, the ever-annoying Thom Brennamanamanan said something like, "that's the Pride, the PASSION, of TIM TEEEEbow!" I looked at Mrs TU and said, "THAT is why I watch with the sound off." She actually agreed with me that it was better without sound!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 01:07 PM
Guys that I think would hang with tebow:

http://www.staralicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/ted-haggard.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/118322306_521282334e.jpg?v=0
http://purgatorio1.com/wp-content/pics/bennyhinn1.jpg
http://religiousfreaks.com/UserFiles/Image/pastor.gas.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 01:12 PM
But God had sex with some dirt to create mankind!

Except for the folks in the land of Nod. They must be dirty Sooner fans.

tt might have had sex with that mud and field paint.

JGATOR
1/9/2009, 01:27 PM
I lost a lot of respect for the guy after watching him taunt and pump his fist and run around all over the place.

One thing that comes out of a Stoops-coached team is an attitude of respect. If one of our players did that taunting, he would get a lot of helmet shaking and spit in the face from one of the coaches. You just don't see that kind of behavior from a well coached team.

So are you calling your player a stupid jerk for mouthing off to Tebow after he tackled him and Tebow knocked him backwards? Tebow doesn't start trash talk but he won't shy away from it.

KingDavid
1/9/2009, 01:35 PM
Guys that I think would hang with tebow:
http://religiousfreaks.com/UserFiles/Image/pastor.gas.jpg

Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about that guy! I think everyone should pause a minute to view the legendary Pastor Gas Video Clip. (http://religiousfreaks.com/2006/02/26/robert-tilton-is-pastor-gas/)

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 01:40 PM
So are you calling your player a stupid jerk for mouthing off to Tebow after he tackled him and Tebow knocked him backwards? Tebow doesn't start trash talk but he won't shy away from it.

How in the hell do you know?

And don't say that you would hang out with the guy either, because you know you wouldn't.

OUAlumni1990
1/9/2009, 01:41 PM
Something tells me Tebows head is going to continue to swell, until he gets to the pros and he really gets hammered.

Ton Loc
1/9/2009, 02:49 PM
Another good question would be:

Would you trust your kids with Tebow?

Me, Hell No. There's something about that guy that just isn't right. in a cult figure/brainwash kind of way. Also, I bet if you spent five minutes alone with Jim Jones your life would have turned out differently too. I know 900 other people would agree.

He's a good football player, but I wouldn't trade Sam for him.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 03:07 PM
SHe would hang out with him.

http://pandadan.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/idiot-41423.jpg

The Remnant
1/9/2009, 03:10 PM
Tebow is the kind of guy that gives Christians a bad name.

virginiasooner
1/9/2009, 03:34 PM
If Tebow leaves Florida this year, he'll be playing in Detroit, where the offensive line can't prevent an old lady with a walker from crossing the street. And, if a miracle happens, and Detroit wins the Super Duper Bowl, THEN I'll agree that Tim Tebow is the sign of the Second Coming, and we all must prepare for the End Times. Then we'll probably need to rework the Nicene Creed to read "with the Father and the Son and the Tim Tebow he is worshipped and glorified."

SweetheartSooner
1/9/2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think he's sincere at all - I think he helps the poor and needy for the glory of himself. Just listen to him - it's about "I" and "me." He's a self-righteous jerk.

virginiasooner
1/9/2009, 03:52 PM
Listen to Tim Tebow? On purpose? You mean like at press conference after the Gators lost to Ole Miss? Or his totally lame Heisman acceptance speech? I'd rather listen to farm animals being neutered.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 04:16 PM
I tell ya, his secret is that his mind is uncluttered. He already has all the answers, and many thoughts that lead the rest of us into anxiety or confusion just never enter his mind. Lots and lots and lots (and lots) of those thoughts just pass right over his head.

virginiasooner
1/9/2009, 04:27 PM
TUSooner, there's nothing worse than a 21 year old who thinks he has all the answers. Frankly, some confusion and anxiety would do Tebow some good, bring him down to earth with the rest of us.

GKeeper316
1/9/2009, 04:35 PM
this is how i hope the rest of tim tebow's life goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bV_v9b8go

he didnt do **** to win the game. it was all florida's defense. my opinion of him is no better than it was a week ago.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 04:53 PM
TUSooner, there's nothing worse than a 21 year old who thinks he has all the answers. Frankly, some confusion and anxiety would do Tebow some good, bring him down to earth with the rest of us.

Yes. I evidently failed to express the mocking tone I intended.
Bluntly: He's too stupid to worry. Like...
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/16/alfredeneumanox4.gif

PLEASE. SOMEBODY make a Neuman-Tebow fark!!
Calling Czar!!!!

cjames317
1/9/2009, 04:59 PM
Praise Teebus!

The Remnant
1/9/2009, 05:14 PM
This guy is full of himself. I think a little humility would be refreshing.

oubose
1/9/2009, 06:30 PM
I can only assume that means I would spend my life strategically staying the **** away from that jackass.

That is the BEST advise I have ever herd!!!!!!!!!!!

oubose
1/9/2009, 06:38 PM
I thought David Koresh aka Timmy Tebow die in the Branch Dividian fire in Waco TX, what the hell was he playing in the NCC game last nite.

SoonerLB
1/9/2009, 07:01 PM
NO!

Not only because I can't stand him or his act, but because I heard the Pope was going to issue a Fatwa on his azz. :D

sooner59
1/9/2009, 07:49 PM
Anybody else get the text message from the Sports Animal about Tebow skipping his senior season and ascending directly to heaven? That made me laugh.

sooner59
1/9/2009, 07:52 PM
Anybody else get the text message from the Sports Animal about Tebow skipping his senior season and ascending directly to heaven? That made me laugh.

Obviously I didn't read the the rest of the threads....

rainiersooner
1/10/2009, 03:42 AM
I would be happy to hang out with him in a couple of years to buy a car from him at TIM TEBOW'S GAINESVILLE CHEVROLET...cause he sure as hell won't be playing in the NFL.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that 20 years from now he's going to go all Senator Larry Craig on us??

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2009, 03:54 AM
Tebow is the kind of guy that gives humanity a bad name.

Fixed

bluedogok
1/10/2009, 02:45 PM
I kind of feel bad for him, the media has just made him into something too big, they have made him out to be something that even he could not live up to 24/7. The fall is going to be big at some point in his life, because at some point every one the builds up to that level is going to fall at some point and the media will be the first to hasten his demise.

Even some of the media is a bit sick of it, but the rest of the media needs to get the latest Tebow accessory.

http://bluedogok.com/florida-knee-pads.jpg

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2009, 02:49 PM
Honestly, he's probably pretty likeable in person.

I mean, he sure pissed me off pretty good Thursday night, but he just seems like one of those people who's just better than you at everything.

sooner2b09
1/10/2009, 03:05 PM
I think he would be an ultimate buzz kill,

You start talking about things normal teenagers talk about and he tries to talk to you about his religion and mission trips. There is a time and place for everything.

VMG
1/10/2009, 03:31 PM
Blue Dog (and others...) have it right. The media has made him into something far greater than the reality. That's far more dangerous for TT than it is for the rest of us -- who now simply go to mute, the refrigerator, or another channel everytime a TT story or comment comes on.

In my experience (over 50 years on the planet...so far), the finest leaders I've encountered made sure it was always about the larger 'something' we were a part of or supposed to be doing -- the team, the unit, the mission, the assignment, the goal, whatever -- and not about them. They were also at their best when things were worst.

The fist pumping, hand-waving routine is stale, contrived, and comes across as 'all about Tim.' He's a terrific competitor and I'm sure he's a good kid, but I hope he gets better mentorship about this stuff in the future.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2009, 03:34 PM
Heh. There was a guy named Eric my freshman year at OU that I finally figured out that Tebow reminds me of.

Eric was incredibly likeable. Good athlete, good-looking dude, committed Christian (I mean, that means little to me, but he really believed it and I can respect that.) Always took time to help other people. Pulling As in Engineering. Whole deal.

Ended up getting kicked out of OU because a girl woke up one night with him standing by her bed masturbating.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/10/2009, 05:04 PM
Heh. There was a guy named Eric my freshman year at OU that I finally figured out that Tebow reminds me of.

Eric was incredibly likeable. Good athlete, good-looking dude, committed Christian (I mean, that means little to me, but he really believed it and I can respect that.) Always took time to help other people. Pulling As in Engineering. Whole deal.

Ended up getting kicked out of OU because a girl woke up one night with him standing by her bed masturbating.

Damn. I could have been kicked out a couple dozen times, I guess.

sooner ngintunr
1/10/2009, 05:11 PM
I wish when you type *** *****, it appears as *** *****.

I never want to see another *** ***** thread until we play them next year in Pasedena.

On second thought, that's giving him too much credit..... eff tt.

rainiersooner
1/10/2009, 11:32 PM
I wish when you type *** *****, it appears as *** *****.

I never want to see another *** ***** thread until we play them next year in Pasedena.

On second thought, that's giving him too much credit..... eff tt.

Actually, while my more religious Sooner brethren on the board wouldn't be okay with it (and for that reason, I'm fine with not doing this)...but it would be pretty funny to me if when you typed Tim Tebow in, it translated to "Jesus Christ".

NawlensGator
1/10/2009, 11:54 PM
The media has made WAAAY too much of this guy. Meyer doesn't help when he says Tim's the best football player he's ever been around. I really don't understand how Tim can keep his head on straight with all the attention. All this hype can't be good, and I worry for this guy.

8timechamps
1/11/2009, 12:01 AM
When I hear him talk, it seems like something straight out of a SNL skit.

I also get the impression that he the kind of guy that may struggle with conversation about anything other than football.

Plus, after seeing his girlfriend , I have serious doubts that Tim is saving himself for the right one.

Here's the official Urban Dictionary entry. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tebowner)

SoonerMom2
1/11/2009, 11:37 AM
The media has made WAAAY too much of this guy. Meyer doesn't help when he says Tim's the best football player he's ever been around. I really don't understand how Tim can keep his head on straight with all the attention. All this hype can't be good, and I worry for this guy.

I agree with you that the gype can't be good. After witnessing him at the Heisman ceremony and at the game not sure his head is on straight. Who came up with that Heisman video of Tebow? Some of that video had to come from the Tebow family. Good works does not make the MVP of college football and that is where I think the media, etc., including the Tebow family has gone wrong. Anyone know his GPA? All we hear about is his religion and what he has done for the world. Brennaman was over the top in saying spend 5 to 15 minutes with Tebow and your life will be changed forever. The worst part for Tebow is it seems he enjoys the hype about his good works, how wonderful he is, and perpetuates the myth which someday is going to come crashing down around him.

How does a player that lost all those games last year win the Heisman? Hype from ESPN and others. The running back from AR should have won. Hyping someone for what they do in their own time is not what the Heisman is all about. ESPN, especially Herbstreidt, should be ashamed.

sooner518
1/11/2009, 11:50 AM
Plus, after seeing his girlfriend , I have serious doubts that Tim is saving himself for the right one.

I think that was proven to not be his girlfriend, just some girl who happenned to have her picture taken with him. and who had very large assets

Ace
1/11/2009, 11:52 AM
Tebow Skips Senior Season, Ascends Directly Into Heaven

MIAMI (SP) -- Shortly after leading the Florida Gators to a national
championship with a 24-14 win over Oklahoma, junior quarterback Tim
Tebow announced that he would skip his senior season and ascend
directly into heaven.

Tebow entered the press room to wild applause. A reporter for a 24-
hour cable sports network burst into tears when the 2007 Heisman
winner entered the room. Another threw a pair of boxer shorts on the
podium. Tebow smiled at the gesture and several sports reporters
fainted.

"Sorry I'm late," Tebow began. "There was a six-year-old boy with
cancer in row 54 and I had to make my way through the crowd to heal
him."

"I want to start by saying that playing quarterback for the University
of Florida, winning two national championships, has been a great
honor. There has been some speculation about my future and I want to
clear that up right now," he continued.

"Don't go, Tim!" a reporter shouted from the back of the room.

"After much consideration, I have decided to skip my senior season at
the University of Florida and ascend directly into Heaven,God Bless" Tebow
announced. Upon making the announcement, Tebow was bathed in a
blinding white light and vanished.

In response to the news, ESPN announced they will have a month-long
tribute to Tebow. ESPN2 will now be known as ESPN-TEBOW and will
feature Tebow highlights (including home videos of Tebow's childhood),
re-airings of past interviews, Tebow-centric analysis by ESPN air
personalities, a Tebow quiz show and a reality show to find the "most
Tebow-like" person in America.

"He wasn't just the greatest player in college football history," said
a college football writer at the press conference, tears streaming
down his face. "He might have been the greatest person to ever walk on
earth."

Flagstaffsooner
1/11/2009, 11:59 AM
Taking it in the butt from TT will make your hair turn pink.
http://www.nightcharm.com/imagesblog/2006/09/090506.jpg

SoonerShark
1/11/2009, 12:50 PM

Of course, a true Christian would recognize that a soft answer turneth away wrath, would turn the other cheek and would not thrive on adoration.

SoonerShark
1/11/2009, 01:18 PM

It that where the Tebow towels above come in?

SoonerShark
1/11/2009, 01:20 PM
The Shroud of Tebow towels...the newest ultimate gift item. It has the shape of his sweat drenched hiney.

soonerchris
1/12/2009, 12:46 AM
after reading this thread i cant help but be offended as a man and as a christian. how can someone make the comment about God having sex with dirt? how can somebody seriously say the slanderous and borderline insane things said here? are any of you mentally grown up? i registered here thinking it would it would be a fun way to spend a few m inutes before bed. i hope that this is a minority of mindless idiot talk. hope this isnt the view of this board as a whole. it surely doesnt represent the sooner nation i know.

KingDavid
1/12/2009, 01:54 AM

She was so pretty, though.

badger
1/12/2009, 07:26 AM
I was soooo sick of the announcers talking about Tebow last Thursday (but I'm sure Florida fans were equally sick of the OU snap timer on the corner of the screen).

I don't think I would enjoy hanging out with Tebow. Nothing against him as a player, because he's very talented, but he seems quite weird... like he's spent too much time in homeschooling and doesn't have a very accurate concept of the world in general.

For example, he thinks he's going to start in the NFL. lolololololol

TUSooner
1/12/2009, 09:06 AM
after reading this thread i cant help but be offended as a man and as a christian. how can someone make the comment about God having sex with dirt? how can somebody seriously say the slanderous and borderline insane things said here? are any of you mentally grown up? i registered here thinking it would it would be a fun way to spend a few m inutes before bed. i hope that this is a minority of mindless idiot talk. hope this isnt the view of this board as a whole. it surely doesnt represent the sooner nation i know.

Heh. You have to take the bad with the good, but you can always ignore the crap like most of us do. It's maybe not as fun as getting enraged by it, but it's probably better for your mental health. :)

Oh yeah..... I suspect you missed the point about the post in question, but I'm not sure, and I'm not going to go back figure it out.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/12/2009, 11:36 AM
Offended as a man and a Christian...

That's funny all by itself. By the way, I think it would be libel, since it was written... not sure.

Can any of you mindless idiot lawyers give me a ruling?

TUSooner
1/12/2009, 11:39 AM

Can any of you mindless idiot lawyers give me a ruling?

I'm offended as a mindless idiot: I don't actually PRACTICE law. :rolleyes:

virginiasooner
1/12/2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but at work I am surrounded by them . . .

Tim Tebow would be considered a public figure, and thus it would be difficult for him to sue for libel and win. The statments being made about the wondrousness of Tim Tebow are clearly satire.

And Soonerchris, if you don't want to be offended by what a bunch of people write on a message board, I suggest you stop reading said message boards.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/12/2009, 02:57 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but at work I am surrounded by them . . .

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah would be considered a public figure, and thus it would be difficult for him to sue for libel and win. The statments being made about the wondrousness of The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah are clearly satire.

And Soonerchris, if you don't want to be offended by what a bunch of people write on a message board, I suggest you stop reading said message boards.

I am offended as a monkey and a Daoist.

Not really. I don't believe in monkeys.

NYC Poke
1/12/2009, 03:03 PM
I'd like to hang around him for 5 minutes. I'm sure it would make me a better person.

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2009, 03:07 PM
I'd like to hang around him for 5 minutes. I'm sure it would make me a better person.

To be fair, as a New York lawyer, it'd be hard to make you much worse. ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
1/12/2009, 03:12 PM

I didn't think of it like that, but Froze has a point too.

Poke+NYC+lawyer = -∞

OUAlumni1990
1/12/2009, 08:45 PM
I don't care about hanging with The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, but I wouldn't mind hanging out with his girlfriend. 1st of all, I hear she is hot. And 2nd, since The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is a saint, it means she aint gettin any. :D easy score