PDA

View Full Version : I bet sales of OU apparel in Southern California start skyrocketing pretty soon.

TopDawg
1/9/2009, 11:45 AM
With next year's championship game being in Pasadena, USC fans will become huge OU fans if they know what's good for them. If we make it to the title game, they're virtually assured of making it themselves.

SoonerTank
1/9/2009, 01:18 PM
With next year's championship game being in Pasadena, USC fans will become huge OU fans if they know what's good for them. If we make it to the title game, they're virtually assured of making it themselves.

I was thinking something similar to that. It always seems that when we play for a national championship it is in the state of the opposite team. Think how nice it would be to have a stadium in Tulsa, OKC, or anywhere in Oklahoma to play for a nation championship. :)

KingDavid
1/9/2009, 01:47 PM
I was thinking something similar to that. It always seems that when we play for a national championship it is in the state of the opposite team. Think how nice it would be to have a stadium in Tulsa, OKC, or anywhere in Oklahoma to play for a nation championship. :)

That's another argument against the BCS System which puts two out of every four national championships in either the SEC's back yard (Sugar & Orange) or the Pac 10's back yard (Rose & Fiesta).

If it were a play-off, as it should be, the venues could be much more evenly spread out.

Catch 22
1/9/2009, 02:05 PM
Pssssttt, Jerry Bowl is coming.

Skoch
1/9/2009, 04:19 PM
If they ever decide to go to a "plus one" system, the Cotton Bowl at its new home in Jerry World is definitely the most plausible addition to the BCS rotation.

LonghornSteve
1/9/2009, 04:47 PM
Texas didn't mind playing USC at the Rose Bowl.

If enough Sooner fans go to the game it won't seem like as much of a home game for them.

TopDawg
1/9/2009, 04:54 PM
All I'm saying is that it's a proven fact that if we play in a national championship game, there is a 97% chance that a nearby school will be our opponent. Therefore, it behooves USC fans to cheer for us next year as it will increase their chances of making it to the game.

Maybe the following year we'll have the Brotherly Battle in Tempe as Mike and Bob go head-to-head.

Red October
1/9/2009, 05:25 PM
If OU goes to the NC game in Pasadena next year, I am having the worlds biggest OU pre-party at my house.. .4.8 miles from the Rose Bowl.

I am not reserving the party tent just yet because it will be a cold day in hel* before the voters, AP, and Coaches vote us into another BCS championship game... The only way we get in is if we are the only or one of two undefeated teams from a BCS conference.