PDA

View Full Version : I've avoided this subject, but I can't anymore.

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 11:16 AM
This will be my first and last bitch about ESPN.

I'm really trying to avoid watching any sports today, but I was getting an oil change, and the damn TV in the waiting room had SportsCenter on.

Anyway, they actually showed a stat that listed Stoops record in bowl games and Texas over the last eight years. Not seperate...together! Like one has anything to do with the other! WTF!

How in the hell does that make any sense? I thought "those people" that kept saying ESPN had a target on Stoops were morons. Well, I guess I'm one of them now.

Sorry to bring up the whole ESPN thing.

soonerfan69
1/9/2009, 11:20 AM
**** ESPN

josh09
1/9/2009, 11:25 AM
**** texas! :D

josh09
1/9/2009, 11:26 AM
Btw, what was the record? 11-9, or something around that?

CtheB
1/9/2009, 11:27 AM
Especially since they have gotten the benefit of playing lesser teams in lesser bowls in all but 1 of those years.

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 11:29 AM
Btw, what was the record? 11-9, or something around that?

I didn't even look, I was focused on the jackassery of the stat.

And, while we're at it, I'll also add **** Texas!

sooner2b09
1/9/2009, 11:33 AM
Oh and the front of ESPN.com

"Florida throttles Oklahoma."

then goes how to talk about how this game was easy for Florida and didnt live up to the hype.

josh09
1/9/2009, 11:36 AM
Oh and the front of ESPN.com

"Florida throttles Oklahoma."

then goes how to talk about how this game was easy for Florida and didnt live up to the hype.

I was just about to say that. I mean, seriously? This college football season has totally changed the way i look at ESPN.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 11:36 AM
1. **** ESPN.

2. ESPN gets to say whatever they want to say. If we wanted to shut them up, we should have won!

3. **** ESPN.

soonermix
1/9/2009, 11:37 AM

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 11:38 AM
1. **** ESPN.

2. ESPN gets to say whatever they want to say. If we wanted to shut them up, we should have won!

3. **** ESPN.

Why are you riding the fence on this issue?

:D

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry, but what are you guys talking about? Is this a radio station or something? Never heard of it.

I was at a bar last night and couldn't hear the broadcast, but my friend from Chicago, my brother from Dallas, and my sister from Norman all texted me about how they wouldn't shut up about tt (lower case from now on after the taunting and staged grand standing. Does he practice that **** in the mirror? Christian my ***.) even when we had the damned ball.

Well, I am going to watch the recording and at the start of the broadcast I will use tally marks to count how many times the broadcasters said tt vs. Sam Bradford. I understand that the love fest was sickening.

So fox can suck it too.

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 12:34 PM
1. **** ESPN.

3. **** ESPN.

What He said . Spek Bro

The Remnant
1/9/2009, 01:23 PM
ESPN would eat the corn out a Tim Tebow butt nugget.

Widescreen
1/9/2009, 01:56 PM
<Chris Matthews>Watching Tim Tebow sends a thrill up my leg.</Chris Matthews>

SoonerMom2
1/9/2009, 04:17 PM
<Chris Matthews>Watching Tim Tebow sends a thrill up my leg.</Chris Matthews>

Too funny! I had the same feeling hearing all the talk about Tebow that I had about all the talk about Obama. Both made me want to throw up!

oubose
1/9/2009, 05:08 PM
Who the **** hired the **** suckers on ESPN? If there main goal is to get under my skin they did it. If for some reason ESPN college gameday is in Norman next year I'm gonna knock the sh*t out of corso and herbie, god help them there gonna need more them a ******* saint to save them! I'm not really pissed off at the gators they played a great game, but what the hell did the SOONERS and Bob Stoops ever do to ESPN to get so much sh*t from them.

Official ESPN HATER

Last nites game was brought to you by FUESPN

ClintonSooner
1/9/2009, 05:42 PM
look down \/

ClintonSooner
1/9/2009, 05:46 PM
All I know is next game-day I better see a lot of "**** espn" signs or I'll straight up murder your asses

tbl
1/9/2009, 05:51 PM
What really blows is these jerkheads are going to get the BCS bowls as well as all the other regular season games. They now have a monopoly on college football, and they're completely clueless. :mad:

AlbqSooner
1/9/2009, 07:17 PM
All I know is next game-day I better see a lot of "**** espn" signs or I'll straight up murder your asses

Actually that is not a bad idea. Space the cards through the crowd aond put them on long enough sticks that they can be raised above the surrounding signs so that no matter the camera angle they will have a sign that says "F**K ESPN". It will screw up their little tea party just fine.

If we get into a BCS Bowl we could go together and print a ton of the same sign for the people in the stadium, kinda like the 45-35 signs.

Maizesooner
1/9/2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe somebody can rent a plane and fly it over gameday set throughout the year.