PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's most recent good deeds

evergreen1310
1/9/2009, 10:15 AM
Well, since the Florida victory, I understand that Tebow has been very busy. I heard he’s found the cure for cancer, discovered the true meaning of life while he was living at a leper colony, invented a weather machine made out of recycled bibles that will prevent hurricanes, had coffee with Obama and solved America’s economic crisis just moments before he met with Nelson Mandela for brunch to help put an end to apartheid, he found the remains of Jimmy Hoffa and sold them to the Smithsonian and gave all the money to a girl with five legs who lives in Uganda, he learned the reason why corn doesn’t always digest and why poop is sometimes green and has patented a vaccine to prevent it, he discovered a cure for AIDS by injecting most of San Francisco with his own blood which is said to have special shaman super powers but will burn you like acid if you have ever sinned in your life, he found Osama Bin Laden with a satellite he made out of a Gatorade cup that a blind orphan gave him (that was after he rescued the orphan from a burning building), he converted the entire nation of Islam to Christianity by putting on a finger puppet show for them that connected with their soul, and last but not least, he solved world hunger by using nanotechnology and his own tears to create a nutritional supplement that was so efficient it brought Ghandi back to life and added 40 pounds of ripped muscle to his torso. Ghandi thanked him with a chest bump. - I guess they were right last night, he can do no wrong.

evergreen1310
1/9/2009, 10:25 AM
If anyone else has heard of his good deads, please feel free to let us know about them. --- I need some humor today

XFollower
1/9/2009, 10:31 AM
I get tired of the media's love mania, but I have to admit that the kid is a stud. If sports had more athletes of his character, it would be a better place.

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/9/2009, 10:33 AM
While I understand your frustration with the media love-fest, its time to move on. Tebow's a heck of a ball player. He's also not really responsible for all the absurd coverage he's getting. He's a 21 year old kid who, when he makes some mistake in the future, is going to discover just how fast the media will convert him from savior to scape goat.

virginiasooner
1/9/2009, 10:49 AM
Oh, come on Homer! OF COURSE Tebow is responsible for his press coverage! Do you really think he says: "Oh my goodness! How did this ABC/ESPN camera crew discover me working in this extremely poor area of the Phillipines?" Please. I've had it up to my ears hearing about Saint Timmy. And yes, football (and all college sports) would be much improved if there were more players like Tebow. But we are talking about young men (for the most part), who aren't exactly renowned for their sound judgment and decision-making capabilities. I'm not dissing young men -- I understand that some are wired for that type of behavior. Survival of the fittest, and all that. And when Tebow falls off that golden pedestal, it's gonna be a long fall and there will be no one to catch him (unless he magically sprouts angel wings).

Flagstaffsooner
1/9/2009, 10:55 AM
Tebow will soon be with...
http://www.nightcharm.com/imagesblog/2006/09/090506.jpg

He's a phony.

A-M
1/9/2009, 10:56 AM
Oh, come on Homer! OF COURSE Tebow is responsible for his press coverage! Do you really think he says: "Oh my goodness! How did this ABC/ESPN camera crew discover me working in this extremely poor area of the Phillipines?" Please. I've had it up to my ears hearing about Saint Timmy. And yes, football (and all college sports) would be much improved if there were more players like Tebow. But we are talking about young men (for the most part), who aren't exactly renowned for their sound judgment and decision-making capabilities. I'm not dissing young men -- I understand that some are wired for that type of behavior. Survival of the fittest, and all that. And when Tebow falls off that golden pedestal, it's gonna be a long fall and there will be no one to catch him (unless he magically sprouts angel wings).

Oh, but his angel wings are being delivered by UPS today. After all he is the greatest QB in the history of college football. That's what I heard last night, didn't you?:mad:

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 10:58 AM

Heh, I was about to rip you because you called him a homer. Then I read his screen name. Man, football hasn't been over for 24 hours and I'm already losing it.

Circle City Gator
1/9/2009, 11:03 AM
Well, since the Florida victory, I understand that Tebow has been very busy. I heard he’s found the cure for cancer, discovered the true meaning of life while he was living at a leper colony, invented a weather machine made out of recycled bibles that will prevent hurricanes, had coffee with Obama and solved America’s economic crisis just moments before he met with Nelson Mandela for brunch to help put an end to apartheid, he found the remains of Jimmy Hoffa and sold them to the Smithsonian and gave all the money to a girl with five legs who lives in Uganda, he learned the reason why corn doesn’t always digest and why poop is sometimes green and has patented a vaccine to prevent it, he discovered a cure for AIDS by injecting most of San Francisco with his own blood which is said to have special shaman super powers but will burn you like acid if you have ever sinned in your life, he found Osama Bin Laden with a satellite he made out of a Gatorade cup that a blind orphan gave him (that was after he rescued the orphan from a burning building), he converted the entire nation of Islam to Christianity by putting on a finger puppet show for them that connected with their soul, and last but not least, he solved world hunger by using nanotechnology and his own tears to create a nutritional supplement that was so efficient it brought Ghandi back to life and added 40 pounds of ripped muscle to his torso. Ghandi thanked him with a chest bump. - I guess they were right last night, he can do no wrong.

Just one quibble- he found the remains of Jimmy Hoffa and brought him back to life.

Otherwise, every single word you wrote is true.

:D

SoonerLB
1/9/2009, 11:26 AM
Saint Timmy has a bright future ahead of him, under a large revival tent, conning idjits out of their money, under the guise of foreskin research. That is, unless even the idjits get sick of the endless man-love dribble being spewed about by assorted asshats!

I just hope he goes back to the Philippines, and STAYS!

abOUtwinning
1/9/2009, 12:28 PM
This is why the New Testament says to do alms, prayers etc. in secret... so you dont come across as a self righteous prick... It is probably the media that made it worse...
but Tebow may have missed that part

Kimberlyz4OU
1/9/2009, 01:37 PM
Well, technically, it wasn't a good deed..........but he did make me throw up a little in my mouth!

Gah, the FIRE the PASSION, I thought I might have beamed into a tent revival or something, gimme a break

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/9/2009, 01:45 PM

I think he bears some responsibility for it. He certainly loves the attention. But he's not the one pointing the camera. Take most 21 year old kids and tell them they're the second comings of Jesus, Butkis and Farve for 2 years and see what happens. My point is what you are getting at towards the end of your post. He'll ultimately pay a price for this when he proves to have feet of clay. The press will rip him to shreds just as fast as they built him up.

Look what they did to Fumbles McScrambles this year. And VY didnt get near the press the TT is getting.

evergreen1310
1/9/2009, 03:50 PM
Well, technically, it wasn't a good deed..........but he did make me throw up a little in my mouth!

Gah, the FIRE the PASSION, I thought I might have beamed into a tent revival or something, gimme a break

The line they gave last night about the leper colony was what inspired me to write this, and the fact that watching tebow do anything apparently makes me a better person, it gave me the inspiration to write this.

I'm really not picking on Tebow as much as the egg heads that worship him. I know most of the hype really isn't his doing, although he does play it up at times.

gotpoi73
1/9/2009, 04:42 PM
WWTTD?

cjames317
1/9/2009, 05:03 PM
Praise Teebus!

oubose
1/9/2009, 06:17 PM
WWTTD?

Lol