PDA

View Full Version : To all you ungrateful spoiled bandwagon fans

Crimsontothecore
1/9/2009, 08:51 AM
If all you can do is question a coach who has put his team in the national title game 4 of his first 10 seasons, please unplug your keyboard and take a hike.

Yes, it's disappointing to lose a title game but we wouldn't have this "5-game BCS bowl losing streak" without one hell of a coach to get us there to begin with. If what Stoops has done at OU leaves you disgruntled then you are beyond pleasing. I guess if he were worth a damn as a coach we would be undefeated and national champions every year, huh?

Please try to deal with your disappointment in a rational way and don't lose site of how lucky we are top have coach Stoops. If I were told right now that we would lose another 5 BCS bowls over the next 10 years it would thrill me because it would mean we are going to be good enough to be in those elite games in the first place.

UTsucks
1/9/2009, 08:56 AM
I agree let's go 0-10 in BCS games but be HAPPY to be there. Glass is half empty half full.

So the question is how many more do you lose before it's not bandwagon?

SoonersEnFuego
1/9/2009, 08:59 AM
Most teams haven't even been to 5 BCS games ever.

Be grateful Sooners, it could be a lot worse, that's for sure!

Boomer!

Josh Eisenteith
1/9/2009, 09:10 AM
If all you can do is question a coach who has put his team in the national title game 4 of his first 10 seasons, please unplug your keyboard and take a hike.

Yes, it's disappointing to lose a title game but we wouldn't have this "5-game BCS bowl losing streak" without one hell of a coach to get us there to begin with. If what Stoops has done at OU leaves you disgruntled then you are beyond pleasing. I guess if he were worth a damn as a coach we would be undefeated and national champions every year, huh?

Please try to deal with your disappointment in a rational way and don't lose site of how lucky we are top have coach Stoops. If I were told right now that we would lose another 5 BCS bowls over the next 10 years it would thrill me because it would mean we are going to be good enough to be in those elite games in the first place.

Couldn't agree more.

TripleOption14
1/9/2009, 09:14 AM
When one stops questioning complacency sets in. Its got nothing to do with being a spoiled bandwagon fan. Its simply questioning whether some things could have been done different.

soonershane22
1/9/2009, 09:14 AM
I agree let's go 0-10 in BCS games but be HAPPY to be there. Glass is half empty half full.

Couldn't agree more.

SoonerMom2
1/9/2009, 09:18 AM

How many more do 'you' lose? Obviously we know that you are not a member of the Sooner Nation because the word would be 'we' and the answer is who knows. I grew up in Big 10 Country where they routinely got beat in the Rose Bowl. On a neutral field they would have won some of the games e.g. look at games where they played schools other then USC or UCLA.

My daughter was at the game and she said the tickets from the University for Sooner fans were scattered all around the stadium while FL fans were seated together plus around them.

Appreciate the team and coaches for the great run we had this year, and we will be back in the stands next year for another great season. Would have been great to win but you don't always get what you want and anyone trashing us today needs to take a hike IMHO.

Boomer Mooner
1/9/2009, 09:27 AM

We lost two this year, one to the National Champions and another to top five team.

This is a Sooner Fan site and the Sooners had a great year. You should join the Utah bandwagon; they didn't lose any.

EnragedOUfan
1/9/2009, 09:33 AM
I haven't had the time to post on here as often as I would like but I couldn't agree more. Bob Stoops is a great coach. And I think that the fans who criticize Stoops need to imagine how it must feel to be in his shoes. People like to complain and criticize about Stoops' teams losing 5 out of the last 6 bowl games. Yes, its disappointing. However, we are very lucky to have a coach who can put our team in the position to play in those games. Hopefully, fans, almuni, local OKC metro media, etc won't make him feel unwelcomed. If Stoops were to leave, OU would become this year's Michigan (but they would win at least 7 games.) As to last night, I am very pleased with how well our defense played but I'm still one of the few who think that BV needs to go. Seriously. Consecutive 3 and long conversions by Tim Tebow alone in the second half in my opinion were the key factors to the loss. Tim Tebow did exactly what Zac Robinson and Colt McCoy did on 3rd and long conversions against the defense. Just my opinion. Here's to our basketball team winning the Big 12 and making it to the Final Four, God bless our troops, and BOOMER SOONER!

wishbonesooner
1/9/2009, 09:59 AM
I was thinking after the game, what if Nick Saban or Mike Leach or another coach had been on our sideline last night? Would it have turned out any different? I don't know the answer to that question. Are we just not doing what it takes to raise our game to the level you need to win titles, or what? If Urban Meyer had been on our sideline and Bob had been coaching Florida, would it have been different? No one can say. But don't label Bob Stoops a loser, he is far from being that.

UTsucks
1/9/2009, 10:08 AM
We lost two this year, one to the National Champions and another to top five team.

This is a Sooner Fan site and the Sooners had a great year. You should join the Utah bandwagon; they didn't lose any.

Yes it was a great year so back to my question how many do you lose until things change?

UTsucks
1/9/2009, 10:18 AM
How many more do 'you' lose? Obviously we know that you are not a member of the Sooner Nation because the word would be 'we' and the answer is who knows. I grew up in Big 10 Country where they routinely got beat in the Rose Bowl. On a neutral field they would have won some of the games e.g. look at games where they played schools other then USC or UCLA.

My daughter was at the game and she said the tickets from the University for Sooner fans were scattered all around the stadium while FL fans were seated together plus around them.

Appreciate the team and coaches for the great run we had this year, and we will be back in the stands next year for another great season. Would have been great to win but you don't always get what you want and anyone trashing us today needs to take a hike IMHO.

I never said I did not appreciate the team. I just want to know when are you not a bandwagon fan. Is losing every year OK? Just a question?

Boomer Mooner
1/9/2009, 10:23 AM
Yes it was a great year so back to my question how many do you lose until things change?

You lose until you win. Fortunately for us, we are in the mix every year.

Is that up to your lofty standards as a fan, cause we're all real concerned about that.

cahusker
1/9/2009, 10:35 AM
Hey, do some of you remember a legend at Nebraska with the name Tom Osborne? You know the guy you regularly beat in big games. Many Nebraska fans wanted him fired for winning 9-10 games every year but losing to OU and 5 or 6 straight bowl games. He then learned how to win the big games and went out with a bang. There are some similarities between the two except that Stoops actually won a title in his second year.
Yes, I think the coaches blew this game for you but you still have a great staff.
Best of luck next year and see you in Lincoln.

Crimsontothecore
1/9/2009, 10:35 AM
I never said I did not appreciate the team. I just want to know when are you not a bandwagon fan. Is losing every year OK? Just a question?

Is losing every year OK? If that loss is in the national title game then my answer would be yes, most definitely.
Here's a question for you: If you had to choose between OU losing in the national title game every year for the next 5 years or winning lesser bowl games in each of the next 5 years..what do you choose?

redmenace
1/9/2009, 10:36 AM

Nice Big 10 attitude. Let's go loose them all in embarrassing fashion and brag about how we at least "got there"!!!!

Crimsontothecore
1/9/2009, 10:47 AM
Nice Big 10 attitude. Let's go loose them all in embarrassing fashion and brag about how we at least "got there"!!!!

You're right, how silly of me to be satisfied with a coach that brought this program back from the dead, is the only coach to have had his team play in all 4 BCS bowls, has won more conference titles than any other Big12 team including 3 in a row, has coached 2 Heisman winners, has played for national titles 4 of his first 10 years and has an overall record of 109-24.

Do you see how stupid you look making absurd comments like that?
"getting there" is no small accomplishment and if you don't realize that then you are an idiot.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/9/2009, 10:49 AM
I just say lets get there again next year and win!!!

No bandwagon here and certainly no complaining for our success after all I think we all remember how the 90's felt.

Cam
1/9/2009, 11:03 AM
I find it funny how quickly the state of the program 10-15 years ago is forgotten.

Forget joking about games that "didn't happen", we're talking about years that apparently didn't happen.

texas bandman
1/9/2009, 11:41 AM

:mad: I'm speechless...My Momma always told me if I didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything...:mad: