PDA

View Full Version : Florida's first touchdown wasn't valid.

rubyspirit
1/9/2009, 07:18 AM
The player didn't have control. We have seen runs like it ruled incomplete all season.

The Sooner defense was looking for the coaches to challenge, but they didn't.

Was this game fixed?

JGATOR
1/9/2009, 07:49 AM
The player didn't have control. We have seen runs like it ruled incomplete all season.

Was this game fixed?

He had control of the ball until his hand holding the ball hit the fround, in the endzone. Two things here, 1) the ground can not cause a fumble and 2) as soon as the ball crossed the goal line the play was over and that was before hid hand hit the ground.

If I was Stoops I would have challenged the spot, did he cross the goal line. The reviews available would not have been able to overturn the ruling on the field.

landrun
1/9/2009, 07:50 AM
It was a run, not a pass.

Valid TD without question.

Boomer.....
1/9/2009, 10:54 AM
If they challenged they might have spotted it on the 1 but more than likely would have gotten in on the next play. Not a big deal.

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 10:55 AM
No doubt it was a touchdown.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 10:56 AM
Looked like a TD to me. The only possible question would be was his hip down before he extended the ball and I don't think it was. Pretty standard play and I didn't see any controversy.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 11:00 AM

Was this game fixed?

You are not handling this very gracefully.
No matter what anybody else wants to make of it, and no matter how much someone wants to marry their self-worth to it, it was just a football game.

And it WAS a TD.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 11:12 AM
You are not handling this very gracefully.
No matter what anybody else wants to make of it, and no matter how much someone wants to marry their self-worth to it, it was just a football game.

And it WAS a TD.

Are you saying "it's just a game, Focker"? My favorite line from "Meet the Parents" ;)

Hot Rod
1/9/2009, 11:18 AM
It looked like a TD, but did you notice that they never showed an angle from the sideline, only from the endzone.

gatorsownu2
1/9/2009, 11:26 AM

Was this game fixed?

WAAAAA WAAAAAA YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN RIGHT?

JGATOR
1/9/2009, 11:27 AM
It was a run, not a pass.

Valid TD without question.

It was a pass to Louis Murphy

tator
1/9/2009, 11:27 AM
It was a TD, but 1st and goal from the 1 is the only other option. Which means that this whole argument is irrelevant.

Pricetag
1/9/2009, 11:33 AM
Well, well, well, you've found the sour grapes you were so desperately seeking, haven't you? Did you see where Circle City Gator pwned you in that other thread?

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 11:48 AM

You got one guy questioning the call and everyone else acknowledging there was no issue. I'm sure you have never been emotional after a tough loss. If you're purpose is to taunt, I request that you stop posting on this board.

GrapevineSooner
1/9/2009, 11:49 AM
There was crappy officiating that affected both sides. Such as the late hit out of bounds on one of our guys that wasn't called or our guy who pulled Percy Harvin by the ankles after the play was over.

On a side note, I'm a Sooner fan through and through. But that was a dirty play.

But the first TD call wasn't an example of the crappy officiating.

Besides, nothing drives me nuts more than the coach who surrenders a challenge on a play like that. Even if you win the challenge, there's still only about a 2% chance you'll stop them from scoring in that situation.

Of course, that 2% became a reality later in the game for us :(

OU-HSV
1/9/2009, 12:10 PM
Why is this thread even open. This is lame. It was quite certainly a TD and it was quite certainly a pass and not a run. End of story