PDA

View Full Version : Next Year...

landrun
1/9/2009, 01:52 AM
1. Our season will be brutal
Tulsa, BYU and Miami OOC

2. Who will be the QB if Bradford leaves (and I think he will)

3. Is the Oline gonna suck due to us being so young?

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 01:54 AM
better than the 05 team

setem
1/9/2009, 01:56 AM
No reason why we can't run the OOC games!

Landry Jones has pretty good teachers!

Our back up O-Linemen have had just as much playing time as the starters this year so we will be OK!

txsooner14
1/9/2009, 01:58 AM
The tough games will only make us stronger as a team. I think Landry will step in if Sam leaves, I think he stays after the loss. The o-line will be shaky at first but should settle in, just in time to beat texas....

JLEW1818
i really think next year will be a 2006 type team

Vaevictis
Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic...

But I don't think we schedule a team like BYU on a neutral field for the first game of the season unless we seriously anticipate making a national title run.

Which means that Bradford is coming back.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/9/2009, 01:59 AM
Just too hard to get a read on next year at this time. Have to take into account the injury bug and hoping nobody pulls a Bomar. I still have a gut feeling Sam is going to stay for his junior year. I think Gresham's leaving and maybe a couple of the starting defenders.

TJKDone
1/9/2009, 02:02 AM
You will be good, competitive in every game and winning most of them.

Because you PROBABLY will lose Sam B and Gresham along with a number of starters on the OL you most likely won't be MNC good.

But you guys don't fully appreciate Stoops. IMO, he is the best game coach in CFB presently and one of the best ever. His only weakness, and it is slight is in recruiting. He takes teams with less and does more with them often. Next year won't be any different.

Hook'em

landrun
1/9/2009, 02:04 AM
I appreciate the kind words, but I don't see how you can say Stoop's problem is recruiting?

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 02:06 AM
we will have the best D in the big 12 if everybody stays, cant lie about that

txsooner14
1/9/2009, 02:07 AM
what problem in recruiting?
Jamarcus McFarland?
or how about Chassion and Wort who owned garret gilbert in the under armour game??

setem
1/9/2009, 02:08 AM
we will have the best D in the big 12 if everybody stays, cant lie about that

You can ride a D-line to the Ship! Just like LSU has done in the past!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2009, 02:08 AM
we'll have to see what pieces we have left come spring. at this point, we have a glaring need at (in order):

WR, TE, safety, linebacker, DE, OL

LB - we need a calmus type playmaker in the worst way
DE - we need 2 more, we are running out of gas in the 4th qtr right now.
S - it wasn't like our safety play was lights out this year and both graduate
OL - i think will be okay. to this point, patton has proven he is the real deal.
WR - i just don't know about our backups
TE - same here

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 02:12 AM
You can ride a D-line to the Ship! Just like LSU has done in the past!

true that

TJKDone
1/9/2009, 02:24 AM
what problem in recruiting?
Jamarcus McFarland?
or how about Chassion and Wort who owned garret gilbert in the under armour game??

I think he is a good recruiter, just not an elite one like he is as a game coach. If you look at it honestly, McFarland is the only recruit that both universities wanted and OU got. The vast majority of recruiting battles (and that is probably an understatement since it is like one ever few recruiting seasons) since our first rose bowl victory have gone in our favour.

Chassion and Wort are great players, but we didn't recruit either.

It would be a horribly rude awakening for OU fans, IMO, if Stoops left OU.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 02:32 AM
RJ Washington ? Calhoun? Good?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2009, 02:45 AM
I think he is a good recruiter, just not an elite one like he is as a game coach. If you look at it honestly, McFarland is the only recruit that both universities wanted and OU got. The vast majority of recruiting battles (and that is probably an understatement since it is like one ever few recruiting seasons) since our first rose bowl victory have gone in our favour.

Chassion and Wort are great players, but we didn't recruit either.

It would be a horribly rude awakening for OU fans, IMO, if Stoops left OU.

Hook'em

the funny thing is that i've been yelling the opposite because after 2000 stoops got away from what he was good at - getting underrated evaluation picks and cohesively making them a team. where we keeping getting stung is in that mid to high 4 star range - guys who are really athletic but are just not very good at the game. rivals has proven time and time again that size, athleticism and speed trump motor and ability to play the game.

i figured you'd start to realize this with colt. you do remember how he was almost ran off after perriloux verballed (actually took a visit to tulane).

txsooner14
1/9/2009, 03:09 AM
Wort may be that playmaker at LB that we need

Catman
1/9/2009, 03:12 AM
looks like you all have been hit by LSUFREEK already. Don't fear though Bono and Sean Penn are always around to help those in need.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/Big%2012/SoonersSunk.gif

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2009, 03:26 AM
Chaisson will be a force to be reckoned with...Gorman out here produces monster players.

NOVSooner
1/9/2009, 08:45 AM
although we lost i think our D proved something to themselves last night...that despite the naysayers and espn, they can hang and they belong. i think our D will be stout next year (can we all pause a moment and pray the middle linebacker slot remains healthy all next season) and they will carry this team. if sam comes back, and i mean this in no negative way, but we will see just how good Sam is without the line he had this year. i simply mean he will prove his worth on a different level next year. my question is this though: with all the young talent we have and ones who will probably have a redshirt taken off, do you think we mix up the offense some again, move guys to other positions, etc. i mean, we have what, brown, madu, murray, calhoun and johnson. AT RUNNING BACK! do we throw wrinkles next year? i'm sure some teams on the schedule think they've discovered how to stop the offense after last night.

AlbqSooner
1/9/2009, 09:42 AM
i'm sure some teams on the schedule think they've discovered how to stop the offense after last night.

I don't see a single team on next year's schedule that is capable of doing what Florida did last night; even if they copy and paste the game plan. Florida showed talent and heart that we won't see on our schedule next year.

If Bradford does leave, Landry Jones is the real deal. I saw him a couple of times in high school and he has tremendous talent and poise. The coaches and Sam say he has made the transition to college very well. There will be very little fall off as he journeys through the learning curve.

At LB, Box should be healthy, Balogun has improved immensely, and we have some redshirts and recruits who could be very good.

KC//CRIMSON
1/9/2009, 09:47 AM
Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic...

But I don't think we schedule a team like BYU on a neutral field for the first game of the season unless we seriously anticipate making a national title run.

Which means that Bradford is coming back.

you're being overly optimistic...

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 01:40 PM
We will be fine. As long as we develop player the way we do, we will always have a chance to get back to this game.

Who amongst us expected Travis Lewis to be the monster he was, or Frank Alexander to step up the way he did? Who in here thought that Sam was going to win the heisman 2 years ago?

Texas may get better recruits, but stoops and company are better at developing talent.

OUMedMan
1/9/2009, 01:53 PM
although we lost i think our D proved something to themselves last night...that despite the naysayers and espn, they can hang and they belong.

Considering that the D held Florida to 480 yards -- which was 35 more than their season average -- all the D "proved" was that they were almost as good as the average defense Florida has faced in their other 13 games.

That's not to say that next year OU's defense might be something like USC's was this year -- it's just that last night they didn't acquit themselves all that well.

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 02:03 PM
Considering that the D held Florida to 480 yards -- which was 35 more than their season average -- all the D "proved" was that they were almost as good as the average defense Florida has faced in their other 13 games.

That's not to say that next year OU's defense might be something like USC's was this year -- it's just that last night they didn't acquit themselves all that well.

Do you Not Get tired of Spoutin off the same **** , Post after Post ?

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2009, 02:25 PM
we'll have to see what pieces we have left come spring. at this point, we have a glaring need at (in order):

OL - i think will be okay. to this point, patton has proven he is the real deal.
TE - same here

You forgot to throw a Kicker in there somewhere. ;)

OUinFLA
1/9/2009, 02:44 PM

TE - same here

I would like to add......... Kickers
we're in some serious need

cvsooner
1/9/2009, 03:17 PM
And a punter.

oudivesherpa
1/9/2009, 03:28 PM
You will be good, competitive in every game and winning most of them.

Because you PROBABLY will lose Sam B and Gresham along with a number of starters on the OL you most likely won't be MNC good.

But you guys don't fully appreciate Stoops. IMO, he is the best game coach in CFB presently and one of the best ever. His only weakness, and it is slight is in recruiting. He takes teams with less and does more with them often. Next year won't be any different.

Hook'em

As a Sooner I agree, Stoops is a Great coach and a Good recruiter. Mac is a great recruiter and hires good coaches.