PDA

View Full Version : Real Sooner Fans

setem
1/9/2009, 01:40 AM
I am sure it is already crazy out there but I would like to say thank you in advance to all of you who don't "jump off the bandwagon" or bad mouth the team. I mean if we were having a Thunder-esk season I could understand some bad feelings toward the program. If you are a real fan you know we have nothing to be be ashamed of. We had a great year and OUr guys played great! I hate losing just as much as anyone but I can not and will not let this get me down.

"The man who tried his best and failed is superior to the man who never tried" Bud Wilkinson said that and it is so true! Win or lose we are Sooners and we have already showed that we can be champions! We will get there again and it will be glorious! That Tech game was awesome though!

Boomer Sooner! I'm out...PEACE!

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 01:43 AM
Big ups to our team. Things just didnt go our way tonight, but I am looking forward to the next crop of sooners; Jameel Owens, Dejaun Miller, RJ Washington, and Jermie Calhoun. Plus, we get everyone back on defense with the exception of our safeties.

GO SOONERS!!!!

tommieharris91
1/9/2009, 01:48 AM
Fire Bob Stoops.

setem
1/9/2009, 01:49 AM
Joseph Ibiloye is going to be a monster son!

Piware
1/9/2009, 01:50 AM
One of my favorite stories that has been passed down from a family member who attended the game with Notre Dame that ended The Streak. When we lost a lovely little blue haired lady sitting in front of him turned to her husband and said "What We Need Is A Coach".

We are Sooners and we will do what we always. Reload, get ready for the Spring game and turn up 85,000 strong at the first home game. We will get in our cars, head for Dallas and whoop it up when we need to.

I've been doing this since 1957. Some years are good, some years are incredible and some are not as good as others. BUT, we always come back and we are always ready for the next season.

BOOMER SOONER!

KU_Sooner
1/9/2009, 02:06 AM
I'm a pretty new Sooner fan and I must say I was very impressed with what I watched tonight. I obviously haven't been through anywhere near as much as anyone else on here have, but I was still excited for tonight's game. Likewise, I was disappointed with the loss, but life goes on. Your team made it to the final game (which is more than Texas can say), and put on one heck of a show against Florida. I'm definitely looking forward to next year and can't wait to see what else happens the rest of this year holds for Oklahoma!

I'll may always be a Jayhawk first, but I'll always cheer for the Sooners (when they aren't playing us of course). Congratulations on a stellar year, and if I may be so bold: Boomer Sooner!

tbl
1/9/2009, 02:23 AM
Be so bold sir, we like that stuff.

Where's Billy? I know Billy isn't letting this get him down?

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 02:29 AM
i still hate my life

KU_Sooner
1/9/2009, 02:45 AM
Might I also add that one of my fondest memories of the semester will be attending the Big XII Championship game in Kansas City. It was a blast, and not just because it's always great to see Mizzery get beat down twice in a row on the same field.

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 05:15 AM
i still hate my life

I hate My wife to , Oh wait I miss read :D

AlbqSooner
1/9/2009, 09:09 AM
Fire Bob Stoops.

NOOOOOOO! It was Venables fault we lost. It always is!;)

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/9/2009, 09:18 AM
My wife feels like us losing was her fault for spitefully cheering for Florida in the first quarter.....I think she should feel very ashamed for what she did :D

SoonerMom2
1/9/2009, 09:24 AM
Great season except for two games which is more then most teams can say. We have added another Big 12 Championship Trophy which a lot of teams in the Big 12 can only dream about.

Will be back in the stands in the fall cheering just as loud and plan to be in Arlington for the opening of the season against BYU. Having set through two years of John Blake teams no way we are jumping off this bandwagon. Our defense played a great game.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/9/2009, 09:29 AM
I just had some Clemson fans say they could only dream of having as good a decade as we have just had......asking me how good it felt to get to 4 title games in the last 9 years....kinda puts things into perspective....I still hate losing!!!!!

BigBoomerInBigD
1/9/2009, 09:36 AM
BOOMER SOONER FOREVER

jagwelborn
1/9/2009, 09:53 AM
My mom and dad met on the OU campus. I've been a fan for 38 years and have attended more games than my dad.

I now live on the lEast Coast and there aren't too many SOONER fans out here.

The tag on my suburban is SOONER8 and I fly my OU flag with great pride.

My wife, 5 kids, and I wear SOONER gear all the time.

But while my whole family feels absolutely sick for the players and coaches after losing such a hard fought battle, I just have one thing left to say...

I'm SOONER born and SOONER bred and when I die I'll be SOONER dead!

BOOMER SOONER 4EVER!!!

SoonersEnFuego
1/9/2009, 09:55 AM
Reloading time!

Boomer!!!

BornandBred
1/9/2009, 09:59 AM
My mom and dad met on the OU campus. I've been a fan for 38 years and have attended more games than my dad.

But while my whole family feels absolutely sick for the players and coaches after losing such a hard fought battle, I just have one thing left to say...

BOOMER SOONER 4EVER!!!

+1

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 10:20 AM

BOOMER SOONER 4EVER!!!

5 Kids , Are you Catholic or Just a protestant that gives it all hes Got ?:D

OklahomaRed
1/9/2009, 10:28 AM
Seems like a good enough thread as any to post my thoughts on the game.

First, let me congratulate Florida for a well played game. Their deffense is the best OU has faced all year and their QB got it done when he had to. Good game and the best team Thursday won the game.

All our coaches should be commended. They had OU ready to play and fired up and they had a good plan of attack.

With that said, OU needed to stop Florida on 3rd and 6, 3rd and 8, and 3rd and 10 on their final TD drive. OU's deffense played a lot better game than ESPN and even Florida thought they would.

OU's offense played mediocre with big plays up and down the field, but the inability to make the crucial plays when they counted came back in the 2nd half and killed OU. The inability to push the ball in to the end zone when OU had 1st and goal on the 2 yard line was a back breaker. Why OU did not mix in a pass play to Gresham, or snap the ball on 1st down quicker and not give Florida's deffesne a chance to get set up is beyond me.

If (big IF) OU could have gotten a touchdown on the first goal line stance, and then a field goal instead of trying to force the ball into a interception, it would have resulted in OU going in 17 - 7 at half time. Florida might have played differently in the second half if that was the case?

"If the dog hadn't stopped to go to the bathroom he would have caught the rabbit." Like I said, Florida converted when they had to on 3rd and long and OU did not on 3rd and short. OU's vaulted O-Line gave Bradford enough time most of the time, but allowed to much penetration when it counted.

In regards to Sam versus Tim. I think Sam actually had a better game. True, Tebow made the 1st downs with his runs when he needed to, but he threw 2 dumb interceptions right into the OU deffenders' arms that could have cost his team the game. Sam's interceptions on the other hand came from tight pass plays that should have been caught. Also, Iglesias dropped two long balls right in his hands, even though Florida's deffense was tight, Iglesias should have caught those balls. The interception on the goal line was on Bradford.

OU missed Demarco Murray bad. Yes, Chris Brown had a good game, but he does not avoid tackles like Murray and Murray is better on the goal line as well as the break away threat, which will keep deffense's pass coverage honest. I don't think the Florida deffensive lineman laying on his stomach would have made the shoe string tackle on Murray like he did Brown.

On Tebow being declared a saint and the coming messiah? I don't think he is there yet. First, he will never make it in the NFL as a QB. He might make it as a specialty player or something, but he might as well come back to Florida for his senior year because his draft status is low. Second, his fine display of christian character by getting in to Nick Harris' face at the end of the game and doing the "gator chomp" resulting in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was Junior High at best. I'm all for giving him props from going over and being a good missionaries son, but how much of that is his parents, and how much of that is him? When the chips were down he acted immature just like any other unappreciative athlete out there. Everyone is entitle to allowing their "halo to slip" because we are all human; however, that's the very reason christians should be conscious of their actions, particularly in the public arena. We will be judged harder than others just because of who we serve. Tebow missed a golden opportunity by making it about the game instead of about the cause.

Lastly, let me explain what I mean by, "Don't be a hater." A hater is someone who will cheer against OU, Texas, Okie State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, or A&M just because they have some type of issue with the team in their OWN conference. A hater will cheer for USC, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, or Satan University if they are playing the team they have some type of grudge against. Haters seem to thrive on other's misery as opposed to good sportsmanship, conference loyalty, and then (think about it) team loyalty, because when a conference team loses it only makes your team, if you truly have a Big 12 conference team, look worse. My guess would be that true Hater's are not really true fans of any Big 12 school. They're not Sooners, Longhorns, Aggies, Cowboys, Red Raiders, Huskers, or anything. They are a college football fan without a team. They cheer for whomever they feel might win, or whomever they feel they have some secret grudge against. They are a fan without a team, thus the ease of slipping in and out of championship years for various teams. Many of these fans might be NFL fans, yet they fail to understand how it makes a true Sooner (Longhorn, Raider, etc.) feel when they cheer against their team for no obvious reason but "to do so" cause it makes them feel good? Think about how you felt (and I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan) when Romo fumbled the field goal try a couple of years ago? Well, magnify that 10X due to my family's roots in Oklahoma and to Sooner Football and you might be able to grasp how it feels to have someone you know and like cheer for the Gators (or Oregon Ducks, or whemever) just because there is some secret grudge against OU even though they might know and have dozens of friends who are actually true Sooner Fans? Just doesn't make sense to be a hater and cheer for a team you have no stake in at all?

Don't be a Hater! BOOMER - SOONER BABY!!!! "I'm Sooner Born and Sooner Bred and When I Die I'll Be Sooner Dead! Rah, Oklahoma. Rah, Oklahoma. Rah, Oklahomaaaaaaaaaaaa.. OKU!!!!!"

soonerlaw
1/9/2009, 10:33 AM
I feel sick and want to throw up..... mostly because it will be another 240 days before I get to watch my favorite team come back out and KICK SOMEONE'S ***.

Looks like its going to be BYU at Jerry World. I am counting the days. The spring and summer really suck.