PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sooners for another season.

chad
1/9/2009, 01:35 AM
debated whether to post this or not, given i haven't really proof read it and i've had a few drinks. But figured what time will be better...so here it goes.

Another season down, another Big 12 Championship, and another chance at a National Championship.

Ignoring the recent loss (allowing that for other threads and to settle in), lets reflect on the year and count our blessing of being the Sooner Nation.

The team installed a new offense which blew everyone away. It was more productive than anything we’ve ever seen in college football. Records were set that will likely stand until there is a playoff which will stretch the season even longer. We had a great cast of players on offense. We had Bradford who will be immortalized in our Heisman park. We had two 1,000+ yard rushers who we were blessed to have. Our offensive line was amazing. They allowed the three previously mentioned player to do what they did. We can’t forget the receiving corps. It was a great group of guys and all were play makers. Most definitely a few first and second rounders in that bunch.

Thank you offense for a very exciting year. There were very few times I was actually nervous when the ball was in your hands. You will forever be remembered as one of the best offenses in college football history. For those who played your last game in CF, thank you for your time, may you have the best of luck at the next level, or whatever career you choose. We’ll all still be rooting for you wherever you go and whatever you do.

As for the defense. The talking heads dismissed you after the season. In my mind, you played better than any SEC team did against Florida and proved them wrong (I’ll stop here commenting about that game). You all accomplished so much this year. For a young group in the backfield, and with the injuries you faced, we are indebted to you guys for the Big 12 championship. I am truly amazed at the work you put in to making this season what it was. Those big guys on the line…You made QBs fear you, and O-line men dance to attempt to contain you. It was always a rush seeing you guys break through and have the QB running for his life. Thank you, all of you defensive players, for the hard work you put into this season. Like the offensive players, we will continue to follow all of your careers and wish the best of luck to you.

Coaches, you guys deserve a lot of thanks as well. Sure we get unruly at times, and call for a certain coach to move on to his own head coaching position. I’m glad (and I’m sure a few others on here) at glad everyone is sticking around this next year. It is a blessing we have such a great group of coaches. They are the glue that holds this program together and continues the tradition of OU football. Kudos to you guys for the hard work you put into this season.

The last game of the season didn’t turn out our way. But have faith, we are the sooner nation, and will stick with you guys (both players and coaches) and support you guys as long as you continue to show the determination and aggressiveness and are willing do anything in your power to continue to win and allow us fans the opportunity to see greatness. You have done well this season; this final game is nothing to hang your heads about. There are 118 other teams out there that would like to be named OU on this day.

Thank you for never giving up this season, for playing until the final tick of the clock, for sticking up for and standing behind you fellow Sooners. You have made us proud to be a part of the Sooner Nation.

Here’s to a great recruiting season, hopes of another Big 12 championship next year and shot at a National Title again next January.

Boomer Sooner!

Piware
1/9/2009, 01:38 AM
Great post! They have been real Sooners and lots of fun!