PDA

View Full Version : Not even sure what to say...

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 01:05 AM
But here goes...

I don't even have the words to truly convey how I feel right now. I am pissed off, upset, disappointed, and frustrated as hell about this loss. I can't help but wonder when the hell we're going to win a bowl game again.

BUT...

I am proud of our team. I am proud of our coaches. We went into the game and played it well-prepared and ready to play. OU didn't lay down and die. OU didn't take Florida lightly. It was a well-fought game between two, of what I feel, are STILL the best 2 teams in the country. Unfortunately, we came out on the wrong side of the W/L column. Florida beat us. No excuses. If they are better than us, they are not better by much. It's no consolation, I know, but it is what it is. So, I extend my congrats to the Gators and their fans. The Florida program AND their fans talked all kinds of noise leading up to this game, but they backed it up, so much respect to them. I just hope they're able to be honest enough with themselves to thank God that they stopped us inside the 10 yard line twice. Otherwise, we all might be feeling a little bit better right now by celebrating our 8th NC.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. I don't know what else to say. But again, I'm proud of our team and of our coaching staff. I'll take Stoops and his crew of coaches, along with the magnitude of the success that he has brought back to Norman any day, and EVERY day! And again, congrats to the Gators.

Frustrated and Crushed but STILL Proud,
SoonerEmpire

redmenace
1/9/2009, 01:23 AM
Probably not for a very long time. The culture of choke is thoroughly ingrained with these guys. Allowing 12 for 17 on third down conversions and yet another game chock full of dozens of missed tackles and a sputtering timid offense does not bode well. It felt like the WV game minus the receivers running wide open for TD's. I guess he's got that to hang his hat on.

sooner2b09
1/9/2009, 01:33 AM
I dont understand how people can call for Stoops' head. I am as disappointed and as pissed off as all of you, but I will take playing in a championship game 4 out of 9 years any day. Unfortunately every year we play in it tOSU isn't in it or I am sure we would be 4-0 :D

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 01:35 AM
I dont understand how people can call for Stoops' head. I am as disappointed and as pissed off as all of you, but I will take playing in a championship game 4 out of 9 years any day. Unfortunately every year we play in it tOSU isn't in it or I am sure we would be 4-0 :D

Totally agree.

OU341
1/9/2009, 01:37 AM
Obviously, we were outplayed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight (literally). I do think that we proved to the nation tonight, no matter how unfair it may be, that we didn't deserve to be there. Bob Stoops made silly mistakes and goofy errors at critical points. We need to face the facts, Bob needs to go, he can't win the big one. We also need to recognize texas as the superior team this year and move on and prepare for next year. BOOMER SOONER

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 01:37 AM
I don't have the words to describe how I feel right now either. Well, yeah I do but I can't say them here..

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 01:38 AM
Obviously, we were outplayed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight (literally). I do think that we proved to the nation tonight, no matter how unfair it may be, that we didn't deserve to be there. Bob Stoops made silly mistakes and goofy errors at critical points. We need to face the facts, Bob needs to go, he can't win the big one. We also need to recognize texas as the superior team this year and move on and prepare for next year. BOOMER SOONER

stfu

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 01:40 AM

Sad, but true.

OU341
1/9/2009, 01:42 AM
We are all as upset as you SteelCity, but you don't need to be bitter. I am trying to be a realist, and you should not demeen me for presenting the facts. We can begin to reload for next year. BOOMER SOONER

landrun
1/9/2009, 01:43 AM
Sad, but true.

No. It isn't true.
We're tOSU 10X over.

We will not get into another Championship game for years to come even if we deserve it because we've blown it so much. The voters are sick of us.

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 01:44 AM
We are all as upset as you SteelCity, but you don't need to be bitter. I am trying to be a realist, and you should not demeen me for presenting the facts. We can begin to reload for next year. BOOMER SOONER

No, SteelCity is right. STFU, idiot.

d.stOUgh
1/9/2009, 01:45 AM

Are you chitting me? Stoops didnt call the plays. why in the hell did Wilson call 4 running plays in a row at fla. 7 yd. line? We made it to that game on Bradfords arm. the passes that were dropped were inexcusable. WE beat OUrselfs...the only good thing that can come out of this game is Sam will come back for his Jr. year!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 01:48 AM

STFU & GTFO! Gawd, we had to endure the trolls for a month, and now we're going to have to listen to the fairweather fans!?! SHAT! Get a clue will ya!

OU341
1/9/2009, 01:56 AM
Empire, what is your reasoning behind your comment. Don't tell me to shut up when all i am trying to do is move forward. I am simply trying to present a different, unique view. If you are SO bitter about this loss than you should go and collect yourself and then make a constructive post instead of wasting my time.

And to stOUgh, I understand what you are saying, but I am just trying to point out that OU seems to have some sort of mental block when it comes to bowl games with Bob. IDK, thats my view. BOOMER SOONER.

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 01:57 AM
for some reason i'm not as pissed as other bcs losses

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 02:02 AM
Don't tell me to shut up when all i am trying to do is move forward.

You're obviously too young to remember the 90's. Go to bed, kid.

you should go and collect yourself and then make a constructive post instead of wasting my time.

You're the one who CHOSE to read AND respond to my post. If you feel your time was wasted, you did it to yourself, dumba$$! :rolleyes:

Jock Ewing
1/9/2009, 02:04 AM
for some reason i'm not as pissed as other bcs losses

You should be used to it by now

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 02:05 AM
We belonged there. We were well coached, or we wouldn't have made to the game. And Texas SUCKS.. and always will.

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:06 AM
I feel like my time was wasted by the non-constructive posts, and no my time was not wasted by responding to you because obviously you feel remorse or you would not be trying to justify your position. We are both OU fans here so there is no reason to call out the others fanhood. I had to endure the 90s as well. Lets please be constructive and respect other's points of views. BOOMER SOONER

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2009, 02:07 AM
Obviously, we were outplayed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight (literally). I do think that we proved to the nation tonight, no matter how unfair it may be, that we didn't deserve to be there. Bob Stoops made silly mistakes and goofy errors at critical points. We need to face the facts, Bob needs to go, he can't win the big one. We also need to recognize texas as the superior team this year and move on and prepare for next year. BOOMER SOONERhaha, get bent!

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 02:07 AM
We belonged there. We were well coached, or we wouldn't have made to the game. And Texas SUCKS.. and always will.

Truth.

Jock Ewing
1/9/2009, 02:08 AM

You did not belong there

Jock Ewing
1/9/2009, 02:13 AM
OU is the new Notre Dame of BCS games.

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 02:13 AM
I feel like my time was wasted by the non-constructive posts, and no my time was not wasted by responding to you because obviously you feel remorse or you would not be trying to justify your position. We are both OU fans here so there is no reason to call out the others fanhood. I had to endure the 90s as well. Lets please be constructive and respect other's points of views. BOOMER SOONER

You really ARE one of Jerry's special short bus kids, aren't you? You're not an OU fan. You're a pseudo fan who is only posting because you're getting enjoyment out of trying to rile everyone up. Now run along to the sandbox where you belong.

GO SHORTBUS KIDS...... AWAY FROM HERE!!

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:14 AM
We didn't belong there we got there cuz a bunch of computers put us there, that said we played a good game. BOOMER SOONER

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:19 AM
Why am I a shortbus kid? Is it because I brought reality into your world or because I presented a case that you could not rebuddle. Either way, your petty insults will not bother me, and I am hurt that you cannot just respect my view and move on. Let it go. BOOMER SOONER

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:19 AM
OU341, since we already know you're not an OU fan, can you please quit using the slogan "Boomer Sooner"?

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 02:21 AM
You did not belong there

You can stfu too

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:23 AM
How would you know whether I am a Sooner fan or not. That is like me saying that you are not a Sooner fan and then everyone believing it. One narrow-minded and intellectually challenged person claiming that I am not a Sooner Fan doesn't make me not a Sooner Fan. If you are stupid enough to believe him then go ahead but otherwise you can go [expletive] yourself because I am an alumn. BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 02:26 AM
Why am I a shortbus kid? Is it because I brought reality into your world or because I presented a case that you could not rebuddle. Either way, your petty insults will not bother me, and I am hurt that you cannot just respect my view and move on. Let it go. BOOMER SOONER

I understand. You're just doing this for fun at the expense of true Sooner fans. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. But it doesn't make you any less of a retard.

And no, it has nothing to do with you presenting a case that I could not "rebuddle?" Are you sure that's with two "D's" and ending in "LE" rather than "AL?" I think the word you're looking for is "rebuttal." Oh, and "rebuttal" is not a verb, and "rebuddle" is not a word. Therefore, the word you SHOULD have used is simply "rebut."

LOLZ! It's so adorable when morons that JUST registered to the forum after we lost the NC game and pretend to be a Sooner fan tries to act intellectually superior. HAHA!!.. Keep working at it, son. You'll get better at it... someday.

BTW, I'm glad you're hurt. Thanks for sharing that. Now go kill yourself.

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:32 AM
Oh wow, all you just did was make an *** of yourself by trying to demeen me. Believe that I am Sooner Fan or don't. I could really give two [expletive]. I am an alumn and have probobably stood by this team longer and been to more games than you ever will, so shove that up your *** and smoke it you [expletive] retard. BOOMER SOONER!

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:34 AM
One narrow-minded and intellectually challenged person claiming that I am not a Sooner Fan doesn't make me not a Sooner Fan.

No, what makes you not a Sooner fan is that you're not a Sooner fan.

I would respond more, but I have to go and create a fake login on Hornfans and tell them how "our close call against a crappy Big-10 team means that we would have been whipped by Florida." Of course, I will end my posts with "Texas Fight!"

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:36 AM
I am an alumn...

Sure, and a proud UT alumnus I am sure you are.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:38 AM
BTW, I'm glad you're hurt. Thanks for sharing that. Now go kill yourself.

With a dull knife.

OU341
1/9/2009, 02:39 AM
Well if we are going to run our lives by your terribly flawed logic than none of us true sooner fans because there is a chance that we are pretending. Well, have fun with that. You are a typical dumbass that is to stupid to think for himself and just follows the crowd instead of speaking their mind. BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 02:48 AM
Oh wow, all you just did was make an *** of yourself by trying to demeen me. Believe that I am Sooner Fan or don't. I could really give two [expletive]. I am an alumn and have probobably stood by this team longer and been to more games than you ever will, so shove that up your *** and smoke it you [expletive] retard. BOOMER SOONER!

*sigh*

I feel SO guilty picking on shortbus kids, but I can't help it...

It's... So... Much... FUN!

Okay, lets see. You're an "alum" who spells:

"Rebuttal" as "Rebuddle"...
"Demean" as "Demeen"... and,
"Probably" as "Probobably"

Seriously, I usually do not try to give people problems about proper usage of grammar and vocabulary, but when you claim to be an "alum" of the University of Oklahoma, I feel it is my obligation and duty to call you out on it. Because, if YOU are an alum of OU, then either you have done a disservice to the Great University by stepping on campus, OR, the University did a disservice to you by handing out a poor education. And, if we're both fellow OU fans as you claim, then surely you would agree with me, right? Therefore, I highly doubt you're an alum of the Great University of Oklahoma. If you are in fact an alum, there are only two other places that degree could have come from:

Sheep humper university in Stoolwater, or Cow Sex University in Austin. Hmm...

Thanks, though, OU341. You've managed to make my night a little bit better by bringing your utter stupidity to the board. I needed that. You're a real pal! :D

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 02:48 AM
Well if we are going to run our lives by your terribly flawed logic than none of us true sooner fans because there is a chance that we are pretending. Well, have fun with that. You are a typical dumbass that is to stupid to think for himself and just follows the crowd instead of speaking their mind. BOOMER SOONER!

I want to flame your *** but you'll be gone in a few days. You and many others like you will follow over the next few days. It isn't worth the time or effort. Bah bye

raquetclub
1/9/2009, 02:50 AM

when I read your post reacting to the game, it sounded like you were a :texan: troll to me, to be honest.

tbl
1/9/2009, 02:52 AM
Because he IS?

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:57 AM
Well if we are going to run our lives by your terribly flawed logic than none of us true sooner fans because there is a chance that we are pretending.

I am a true Sooner fan. You are not. There is no "chance" about it.

olevetonahill
1/9/2009, 05:00 AM

Go **** yerself AND STFU
Hows that for constructive Criticism ?
You Lost any and all credibility, when you said " Bob needs to Go "

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2009, 05:23 AM
How about he just impales himslef on a 3 foot dildosword....

Dude neds to go away instead of Stoops and construct some presence on a Village People board somewhere.

tooslow
1/9/2009, 05:28 AM
We didn't belong there we got there cuz a bunch of computers put us there, that said we played a good game. BOOMER SOONER

So who belonged there? Obviously you feel Florida did not deserve to be there either, since the computers put them there as well. You forgot to mention that both the Coaches and Harris Interactive voters also put OU in the BCS Championship game.

Florida played a great game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda scored at least 2 field goals, but we didn't. Florida held us to our lowest point total of the season, but we also held them to their lowest total. The defense actually did their part. The offense failed us.

rubyspirit
1/9/2009, 05:36 AM
The coaches choked. If the game is tight, take the field goals and change momentum to your favor. Get the lead. What do we do? Go on 4th and get nothing ... 2 times!!!

Time for a change. Accept it. Embrace it. Let's move forward.

wishbonesooner
1/9/2009, 05:57 AM
Something needs to change, but it's not Bob Stoops. I wish I knew what the cause of these bowl losses was. I don't. I'm almost 57 years old, but I felt like a kid all day yesterday. That's what Sooner football does for me. I don't want any of our coaches fired, I don't want any of our players to leave early because of this. We lost our mojo somewhere, and I for the life of me can't figure it out.

rainiersooner
1/9/2009, 06:07 AM

Blow me loser. I was at the game. We could have won it; we didn't. I love Stoops.

rainiersooner
1/9/2009, 06:09 AM
Go **** yerself AND STFU
Hows that for constructive Criticism ?
You Lost any and all credibility, when you said " Bob needs to Go "

I agree with Vet. Again, I was here tonight. This hurts real bad and I haven't gone to bed yet...but I trust Stoops and you guys calling for his head can kiss my ***.

Boomer!

wishbonesooner
1/9/2009, 06:27 AM
Seriously, I'm not a hater, and I want the staff to stay intact, but what has to be in Bob's head now? As tough as he is, do you think even Bob Stoops can shake this off? Swashbuckling Big Game Bob is not the same coach he was. I am not blaming him, I just wonder if anybody could get past the self doubt?

OUinFLA
1/9/2009, 08:32 AM
The coaches choked. If the game is tight, take the field goals and change momentum to your favor. Get the lead. What do we do? Go on 4th and get nothing ... 2 times!!!

Time for a change. Accept it. Embrace it. Let's move forward.

attempting 2 field goals is not necessarily the same as making two field goals.

we are a bit weak in the kicker department.

weaker than I have seen in years.

SoonersEnFuego
1/9/2009, 08:45 AM
How would you know whether I am a Sooner fan or not. That is like me saying that you are not a Sooner fan and then everyone believing it. One narrow-minded and intellectually challenged person claiming that I am not a Sooner Fan doesn't make me not a Sooner Fan. If you are stupid enough to believe him then go ahead but otherwise you can go [expletive] yourself because I am an alumn. BOOMER SOONER!
You are CLEARLY not a Sooner Fan. A Sooner Fan would never say the words you said in your first post on this thread. So, go away, never come back, and NEVER post Boomer Sooner on here because you have no clue what it means to be a Sooner. Blow it out your a$$ you dumb :texan: !

SoonersEnFuego
1/9/2009, 08:52 AM
The loss can be blamed on the receivers not catching the balls that hit them in the freaking hands. But, that happens to everybody. Florida was in the right place at the right time twice. Once at the goal line when the pass was knocked in the air and later in the game when Wick bobbled it for a millisecond.

The 4th down when we got stuffed at the goal line was a tremendous play by #95 for Florida. Brian Simmons just flat out got beat by him on that play.

I didn't think we would miss Demarco that much, but we still had a great chance to win anyways.

Time to reload and go for #8 next year!

I'm Sooner born
and Sooner bred...

Boomer!