PDA

View Full Version : We Missed Demarco

jdsooner
1/9/2009, 12:56 AM
Chris Brown had a great game, but we needed both backs to win this game. This game came down to a few plays and I believe we should have had this won in the first half.

We played a great game, especially on defense, and needed just a little more spark on offense. Demarco Murray would have provided that.

It seems that no one talked about that tonight.

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 01:08 AM
I couldn't be happier about how Brown played tonight. The kid does everything right and always helps the team out. I thought the same thing during the game about missing Demarco. Chris would get to the second level and a couple of times the last guy got him or make one more guy miss and it would have been another 20 yards on the run. Chris just doesn't have the open field moves of Demarco but that's of course not his fault. Hope all the Sooner players gave Chris a hug for his performance tonight and I'll go ahead and send out a big thanks from the Sooner Nation.

VA Sooner
1/9/2009, 01:11 AM
Needed the run game earlier on to establish the play action pass and keep the defenders off of Sam in the second half.

Brown did an outstanding job. It was a very good game and came down to a few plays. Much better than last year's Fiesta Bowl... defense really stepped up.

270 days (approximately) until OU-BYU...

DrZaius
1/9/2009, 01:13 AM
I hope Brown is ok! I saw him doing the hammy grab on the sideline towrds the end of the game. He was GREAT tongiht.

Piware
1/9/2009, 01:14 AM
Chris had a stellar game and we couldn't ask for anything more from home. I'm not sure we were hurt without DeMarco - it's just a slightly different offensive plan. I was more disappointed in the receivers and some of the drops but they we were covered well, even if I did think UF was a wee bit early on some of the hits.

Really tickled for the O-line. For all the talk about how they were going to hammer Sammy he was pretty well protected.

The officials weren't bad either except for the Referee who looked so nervous I'm surprised he didn't wet his pants.

Socrefbek
1/9/2009, 01:21 AM
No. We missed an O-coordinator who does not go Marty Shottenheimer on us in Bowl Games.

Piware
1/9/2009, 01:23 AM
True dat! Conservative is okay when you are up by 35 or so but not in the freakin' NCG.

primetime43
1/9/2009, 01:28 AM
I think we missed Demarco on Kick returns. Iglesias is consistent at kick return but I don't think he is a gamebreaker. We also missed Demarco as a receiver. I was really disappointed in our receivers. They didn't play to the level we are used to.

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah no bueno on the play calls inside the 20. For a guy who was as on fire calling plays as anybody ever has he didn't have it tonight. Looked like he was thinking too much. What I really want to happen is for us to make it to a bowl game with the starters healthy and ready to roll. Last year had DM and Malcolm Kelly on offense, multiple players out on defense. Maybe next year, see ya next year Chris and get healthy Demarco you two are quite the duo in the backfield.

jdsooner
1/9/2009, 01:30 AM
A little more conservative would have been in order on 3rd and 1. A qb sneak, perhaps?

On fourth and goal, throw the ball or kick the field goal!

Less conservative on 4th and 5. Jimmy Stevens didn't have a prayer.

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2009, 02:17 AM
I'm just shocked that Madu didn't step up more. That kid is great, but for whatever reason he wasn't a real factor.

If I'd been calling the plays I'd have sent him to the outside more for a changeup to Brown's straight ahead running and I'd have tried to get him on the receiving end of punts and kickoffs.

So...that said, we oughtta fire Stoops and hire some loser! :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 02:24 AM
UF had Harvin and we didn't have DM - that was a big factor. Chris played great, but was not a replacement for DeMarco. Chris played the same role he would have played if DM were in there - he just got a few more snaps. We really missed DM as a receiver. We hit one of those flair routes to Chris, but DM runs it much better and is a real match-up problem. He probably bust 1 long run as well. It was too much to expect Madu to come in a be a big factor in his second real game.

On the defensive side, I thought Balogun was solid.

SteelCitySooner
1/9/2009, 02:26 AM
We definitely missed Demarco.

auto
1/9/2009, 07:59 AM
Impressed even more with Chris Brown, I really hope this kid catches on in the NFL. Class act. We definitely missed him, he added that extra dimension that was missing.

Interesting note the announcers made during the game about Urban's statistical analysis. Wilson might want to consider it on those 3rd and short plays. We should have passed.

TXBOOMER
1/9/2009, 09:07 AM
CB gave it his all and I am glad he is a Sooner, he had a great game. We missed Demarco greatly. I hope like heck Demarco can stay healthy next year.