PDA

View Full Version : They played well

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 12:28 AM
Too bad the media is making it appear that OU badly stumbled, because I thought OU played well on both sides of the ball. Two freak INTs were mainly the difference.

Bradford was only 26 of 41, but I thought he played much better than his stats indicate. He certainly was on target all night. No shame in his play.

Defensively, an outstanding job... except on 3rd and 6. Somehow, Florida would always convert the long third down.

I think even the most diehard SEC fan would have to say that OU's defense is pretty good.

I'm not down on the team at all. OU showed they belonged in the title game, imo. No other team in college football would have beaten Florida tonight, and OU could have done it with a few breaks here and there.

Proud of the team.

IronSoonerMan
1/9/2009, 12:36 AM
Good on Ya Leroy! I expected an I told You so.

tommieharris91
1/9/2009, 12:37 AM
ESPN is basically saying OU should have been in NC game now.

wishbonesooner
1/9/2009, 12:44 AM
They damned sure did play well. I am still shaking my head why we came out in the 2nd half and played so frikking vanilla. I barely saw our WR's. The kids played hard and got outplayed on a handful of plays. We were close, but no cigar.

pott_2
1/9/2009, 12:51 AM
My Sooner heart is broken. This was a great season and great MNC game. Florida played great as did we. I am a bit pissed about some of the offense play calls but oh well. God bless AFN for the game. Now I off to the airport to leave Yemen. Here I come Home-la-homa.!!!!!!!!

SPuL
1/9/2009, 12:52 AM
^I agree. I think that the fact we came so close twice, and didn't get those points had HUGE effect on our attitude going into locker room. And gave Florida new life. We had chance to leave fLorida really down with a 21-7 deficit. Or even 13-7 would have been nice. But oh, well. That's how it goes.

We got the breaks and bounces all season long. tonight, the bounces went against us.

Good job Sammy, you did your best. And def proud of our defense. Stepped up big time. No shame there

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 12:53 AM
Both teams played great football tonight. Two tries inside the 1 with what is suppossed to be the best offensive line in the country have to convert those. The interception to end the first half was just a freak play. My only real problem with what went on tonight was on the tip interception to end the half Gresham was on the line blocking and not out in the pattern. Proud of the team tonight defense showed that they could be a force to be reckoned with next year. I never would have thought this going into the game but the offense lost the game for us. I feel dirty after saying that. Congrats to Florida on the big win and can't wait for spring practice to start and next fall. Boomer Sooner!!

Flagstaffsooner
1/9/2009, 12:57 AM
[quote=pott_2;2557452]My Sooner heart is broken. /quote]

So is mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP2VyquMAaM)

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 01:00 AM
Once i watch a little more film i'll let yall know, but my first reaction about the game is that when we had those quick drives we would get ready to run another quick play, and then do some bull **** audible that killed the drive, a couple times this happened, Kevin Wilson tried to do to much.

RUN THE ****ING PLAY

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 01:03 AM
I also don't think this came down to coaching. Both coaching staffs did all they could. You just have to make the plays.

Play of the game: The last INT.

soonercastor
1/9/2009, 01:06 AM
Boomer Sooner!!!!!

Socrefbek
1/9/2009, 01:12 AM
I also don't think this came down to coaching. Both coaching staffs did all they could. You just have to make the plays.

Play of the game: The last INT.

I disagree. Key poor play calls in the red zone by coaching staff cost OU the game. Attempting 50 yard FG was asinine.

Wilson = Bowl Game Fail :(

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 01:13 AM
If Jaquin snatches that ball out of the air, it gives us a chance to pull it out.

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 01:14 AM
I disagree. Key poor play calls in the red zone by coaching staff cost OU the game. Attempting 50 yard FG was asinine.

Especially when they didnt try them from the 3 yard line.

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 01:15 AM
What the hell Leroy?

I've NEVER agreed with anything you've posted. Until now.

I even spek'd ya.

Don't get used to this though ;)

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 01:15 AM
i feel bad for iggy, when he sees the replay

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 01:16 AM

What GREAT 20/20 hindsight.

You must be popular with the ladies!

:rolleyes:

primetime43
1/9/2009, 01:37 AM
I felt like on the series where we turned the ball over on downs we pressed to much. We had the biggest mismatched on the field in Jermaine. He has to be an option on one of those downs.

VA Sooner
1/9/2009, 01:39 AM
Came down to the last interception... and not Iggy's fault. Ball was just on the fingertips and the Florida secondary just happened to be in the right place (again) to catch the juggling ball.

So close.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 02:05 AM
Great game by the defense.
Special teams were solid - so no problem with the 2 areas folks anguished about the most.
Sam, Chris and Jermaine - outstanding.
Manual Johnson was solid.
I feel for Iggy; bobbled 2 balls that really hurt.
It was a tight, hard fought game between 2 very good teams. The coaches made few questionable calls, but everything gets magnified in such a big game.
The refs were pretty neutral and mostly stayed out of the way.

Florida made the big plays and capitalized and we didn't. We left too many points on the field. We forced 2 picks and got nothing out of them. The last pick was the play of the game and UF cashed in. Tebow was Tebow and Harvin was Harvin and defense did great overall - was 24 points their lowest output?

Bottom line: The media will harp on another bowl loss, but this one didn't feel like any of the others. The players were prepared and emotional and played hard the entire game. UF just played a little better.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:05 AM
I sure didn't see any speed advantage of Florida's. Both teams looked plenty quick. I think the SEC speed is largely a myth. Florida simply had the better team tonight.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:09 AM
Good on Ya Leroy! I expected an I told You so.

Despite all my negativity, I tend to take losses pretty well.

My kids were bummed, but shrugged it off. They know not to take it too seriously.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/9/2009, 09:57 AM
What do you expect when the no. 2 team in the big 12 plays? A 10 point loss on a neutral field. We all saw this coming. You can't blame Bob. The No. 1 team in the SEC vs. the No. 2 team in the big 12.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2009, 10:00 AM
What do you expect when the no. 2 team in the big 12 plays? A 10 point loss on a neutral field. We all saw this coming. You can't blame Bob. The No. 1 team in the SEC vs. the No. 2 team in the big 12.

I see your cut-an-paste works on your computer - congratulations. Are you going to wield it in every thread? Keep your chin up - UT may get their shot in the next 8-10 years.

Desert Sapper
1/9/2009, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't even call the Iggy INT a bobble. He had that ball, snatched that ball, and couldn't tuck it fast enough. MUCH PROPS to that UF kid that ripped the ball out of his hands in mid-air. Play of the game, for sure.

It crushed my soul to see OUr O unable to score from a few feet away, and the first Sammy INT. Just soul crushing to have the UF D do that to ya. I think UF has hands down the best D in the country. I woulda said USC before last night, but those kids were making some unreal plays last night. Unreal plays.