PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gators

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 12:27 AM
Congratulations to the Florida Gators on your 3rd MNC. We had our chances and were unable to capitalize on them. As promised, no excuses. We will pick ourselves back up, dust each other off, and start working toward next season. I hope Sam and Tim both stay and we can do it all over again next year.

BOOMER SOONER!

DrZaius
1/9/2009, 12:51 AM
Good post.. I agree.

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2009, 12:53 AM
yeah...sucks...but what he said!

Flagstaffsooner
1/9/2009, 12:53 AM
Good game reptiles. When do we get to see Tebow on the pink haired lady channel?

Sabanball
1/9/2009, 12:55 AM
I agree. As much as I wanted OU to win, the better team won tonight.

Piware
1/9/2009, 12:58 AM
Yep, tense game and the Sooner defense gave them a game. Congratulations on the win.

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 01:00 AM
I totally agree that the better team tonight. Hoping that Sammy and Gresham come back next year. Spring football will be here before we know it and the summer will fly by. Here's to another shot next year maybe even against those Gators one more time.

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 01:03 AM
i cant wait that long, i'm gonna freeze myself

L-Boy
1/9/2009, 01:23 AM
Congratulations to the Florida Gators on your 3rd MNC. We had our chances and were unable to capitalize on them. As promised, no excuses. We will pick ourselves back up, dust each other off, and start working toward next season. I hope Sam and Tim both stay and we can do it all over again next year.

BOOMER SOONER!

Thanks for the kind words, the Gators still have a ways to go to get to 8 NC's!

The game turned out nothing like what most of us were arguing on either side, would have never figured it would be 0-0 and end of 1st quarter and 7-7 at the half. The OU defense was MUCH better than many of us SEC homers gave them credit for - both defenses played really well. I got the feeling that all the commercials, breaks, penalties, etc kind of kept both teams out of rythym, but it especially affected OU's hurry up offense. Also, OU pretty much neutralized the much touted UF speed and special teams. In the end it was Tebow and Harvin's running that carried the team, which usually means nothing else was working.

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words, the Gators still have a ways to go to get to 8 NC's!

The game turned out nothing like what most of us were arguing on either side, would have never figured it would be 0-0 and end of 1st quarter and 7-7 at the half. The OU defense was MUCH better than many of us SEC homers gave them credit for - both defenses played really well. I got the feeling that all the commercials, breaks, penalties, etc kind of kept both teams out of rythym, but it especially affected OU's hurry up offense. Also, OU pretty much neutralized the much touted UF speed and special teams. In the end it was Tebow and Harvin's running that carried the team, which usually means nothing else was working.

Not just that; but 5 weeks between games gives the other team a chance to gameplan, gameplan, gameplan. If this game is played a week after the season, Florida still wins, but it more like 42-35. L-boy thanks for sticking around and taking shot after shot from us sooners, but you still got back up.

P.S. You see harvin get run down from behind twice?:P :D

VA Sooner
1/9/2009, 01:30 AM
Damn good game... well-fought by both defenses. Would have been happier with the win but wasn't embarrassing like the West Virginia game last year. Florida and OU played hard, Florida made a few extra plays to make the difference.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2009, 01:35 AM
well, i had it handicapped at OU +1 on TO and 175 yards rushing to win. we got close but that last INT killed us. florida just didn't have an answer for chris brown like i figured they wouldn't. if only they had put him on the field more and given him more touches :(

L-Boy
1/9/2009, 01:43 AM
Not just that; but 5 weeks between games gives the other team a chance to gameplan, gameplan, gameplan. If this game is played a week after the season, Florida still wins, but it more like 42-35. L-boy thanks for sticking around and taking shot after shot from us sooners, but you still got back up.

P.S. You see harvin get run down from behind twice?:P :D

I totally agree - and in terms of the hurry up offense that may have been the ONE (and only ) argument I made that was right - that FL would be in a better position to prepare for the hurry up offense with 4-5 weeks than most other teams in the regular season.

I guess I was right on the point spread 10 pts, but I thought it would be a hell of alot more points on both sides.

Thanks for putting up with me - a lot of other boards ban rivals pretty quickly. As a fan I certainly have been on the losing side too so the last thing I am going to do is come over here and be a spoiled brat after the game.

Also,I hope OU fans don't get down on Stoops. If Meyer were to leave for some reason, Stoops would be my number 1 pick to replace him. I don't think he would go, I'm just saying he would be my top choice.

As to Harvin - boy did he step up big time, and maybe you can see what Gator fans were oogling about with him. He really should have been the offensive MVP. OU did a great job of shutting down most of UF's offensive options, but in the end Harvin and Tebow (running) basically carried the team to victory.

I tell you what, Gresham is a beast!! They should have used him more.

Dio
1/9/2009, 01:46 AM
And Gator fans- don't take any crap from Utah, texas or USC fans (or ESPN)- y'all are the real National Champs.

Well, maybe Utah fans a little bit- I mean they were undefeated and all.

P3 Gator
1/9/2009, 07:19 AM
OK, last post. That was one helluva football game. Your defense obviously took all the disrespect to heart. They played hard all night long. As UF did to OU by holding them to 14, OU did to UF holding us to only 24 and keeping it really close late into the game. Two red zone possessions was the difference. You guys score on either and who knows what happens. This was truly a great football game that could have gone either way depending on breaks. Without Harvin, I think we lose. Best of luck next year; if you're like me, you're already counting the minutes until next season.

MODS, pls lock this account. Thanks.

Boomer Mooner
1/9/2009, 07:33 AM
Good game Florida. Enjoy the Championship.

gatorg
1/9/2009, 07:57 AM
Thanks. I just want to say you guys have a great football team and could have won. I thought it was a great game by two great teams. You could replay that game and reverse colors. G (-:

FlaGators
1/9/2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks, Sooners.

It was a great game. (Although not like I thought it would be...with both teams scoring in the 30's)

Gresham.....yeah. Wow. That guy can play.

virginiasooner
1/9/2009, 08:55 AM
One of the better bowl games this season. And don't take any USC smack -- they're a bunch of whiny *** titty babies.