PDA

View Full Version : putting things in perspective

getrdone
1/9/2009, 12:17 AM
In the past years bowl losses I have been frustrated and wanted coaches fired, etc. . took out a lot of frustration.

Losing tonight was not fun obviously-it is frustrating to keep losing bowl games-but put things in perspective.

my wife came home today and told me a lady she teaches with lost one of her sons in a car wreck today-puts the game in perspective and makes you think and appreciate what you have.

Great season Sooners-keep on Big Red!

GrapevineSooner
1/9/2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry to hear that news, getrdone.

It's losses like these that do leave me questioning just how much importance sports should really have over our lives.

It's OK to be frustrated over the loss as we all certainly are. Just keep that frustration in perspective.

Last year on the morning of the Fiesta Bowl loss and 12 hours after my wife and I found out she was pregnant, she underwent a termination of her pregnancy because it was ectopic and had ruptured a blood vessel in her ovary causing her great pain. Needless to say that night, I wasn't in the mood to rip on the coaches.

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 12:37 AM
Well put. Life goes on. Nobody feels worse than those players and coaches in the locker room.

It is frustrating to keep losing big bowl games. But, i'ts still not the end of the world.

I'm proud of my Sooners (coaches and players). And I will be just as proud of them next season.

Thank you for the post.

getrdone
1/9/2009, 12:40 AM
prayers to you grapevine sooner-grand prairie here. thanks for the warm replies.

CrimsonGuy
1/9/2009, 12:56 AM
A friend of mine buries his mom tomorrow. I know he could care less about the outcome of the game. He has more important things on his mind.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/9/2009, 01:17 AM
Central Sallisaw's quarterback and top scorer in basketball was involved in a serious car accident over the Christmas holidays. He's lucky to be alive, because he wasn't wearing a seat belt and he was ejected from the car. However, he's paralyzed from the chest down and will be in Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa for the next several weeks. He's already told the basketball coach to keep his jersey because he wants to come back by the end of this season and play, even though he won't get to, but that shows you what kind of kid this is.

News like that certainly puts tonight's game in proper perspective.

VA Sooner
1/9/2009, 01:21 AM
Great perspective...

it's been a great season, we had a good bowl performance and we came very close this time.

Back to our lives for a bit and to appreciate what we've got in life.

Hotrod3157
1/9/2009, 01:49 AM
Its all about the right perspective. Im down about the loss but I will be over it tomorrow when I wake up. My grandpa is currently fighting skin cancer and its made sure I know just how important football is in my life which is honestly not that important. Still have to throw this in though BOOMER!!!!

OUWxGuesser
1/9/2009, 02:10 AM
My grandpa is currently fighting skin cancer

I got news yesterday my grandpa who is fighting an aggressive form of lung cancer has it in remission. I'll take that over a bowl victory any day. Fans take these games pretty rough, but man, I can't imagine what the coaches and players go through. Even in intramural type stuff I hate letting games slip away. We put up a good fight, and this was the type of game where fluky crap (the INTs come to mind) make the difference. Oh well.

tbl
1/9/2009, 02:17 AM
I'm trying to remember how long this lasts...

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2009, 02:28 AM
My take on this is different: None of the players on either team are heartbroken when my company loses a sale. So I'm not going to invest too much of my mental well-being into their welfare. And win or lose, Bob is going to make more money than I will this year.

None of us played. None of us had any control over the outcome. So why worry about it? I was entertained all night, so I got my money's worth.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/9/2009, 09:54 AM
What do you expect when the no. 2 team in the big 12 plays? A 10 point loss on a neutral field. We all saw this coming. You can't blame Bob. The No. 1 team in the SEC vs. the No. 2 team in the big 12.

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 10:08 AM
yeah yeah yeah
I know all about "perspective"
but I'd like for some other team to have to deal with it for a change

evergreen1310
1/9/2009, 10:22 AM
My take on this is different: None of the players on either team are heartbroken when my company loses a sale. So I'm not going to invest too much of my mental well-being into their welfare. And win or lose, Bob is going to make more money than I will this year.

None of us played. None of us had any control over the outcome. So why worry about it? I was entertained all night, so I got my money's worth.

That's the best way to look at it. We had no control over it. why get mad over things you just can't control. I'm still a Stoops believer. I think anyone who isn't is an idiot. He's been to 4 championship games this decade. There will be another one soon, and we'll eventually win another one of these suckers.