PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Bob

85Sooner
1/8/2009, 11:00 PM
You have been "good". I now believe the 2000 MNC was won because the team believed in Heupel. Ever since then, you have shown your inability to really "coach", Especially when not against creampuffs. Yeah Big XII titles are great but not being able to "play" in the bowl games is revealing. I am not with the rest of the Sooner Nation in satisfaction. Your brother had the fire and drive that we desire and that Sooners expect. Not a higher version of Mike Leach. With you Mike had the talent, at AZ he did not. Please enjoy Denver and let us move on to find a coach with fire and passion that will be Sooner passion.

Best of luck to you and yours.

adoniijahsooner
1/8/2009, 11:08 PM
I understand your frustration, but we still have a chance to win this game.

WolfCop
1/8/2009, 11:09 PM
Huh?

Boomer.....
1/8/2009, 11:19 PM
You have been "good". I now believe the 2000 MNC was won because the team believed in Heupel. Ever since then, you have shown your inability to really "coach", Especially when not against creampuffs. Yeah Big XII titles are great but not being able to "play" in the bowl games is revealing. I am not with the rest of the Sooner Nation in satisfaction. Your brother had the fire and drive that we desire and that Sooners expect. Not a higher version of Mike Leach. With you Mike had the talent, at AZ he did not. Please enjoy Denver and let us move on to find a coach with fire and passion that will be Sooner passion.

What a fan. :rolleyes:

fadada1
1/8/2009, 11:30 PM
who exactly do you want to replace him with? seriously.

this game is not over. florida is a hell of a team. and you want to replace 6 conference championships and 4 championship game appearances.

**** YOU!!!!!

UTsucks
1/8/2009, 11:38 PM
They lost the game because of being inside the 5 twice with no points. It's a game of inch's. I don't say goodbye to Bob but at some point we have to stop being the Buffalo Bills of the NFL.

jps
1/8/2009, 11:46 PM
You know, I don't post often, but you can take your crap and your 5K posts and get off the board. Take care!!

Redshirt
1/8/2009, 11:47 PM
Cale Gundy for head coach!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/8/2009, 11:47 PM
i swear kevin wilson must have pictures of 1/2 the posters on soonerfans in compromising positions.

OKC-SLC
1/9/2009, 12:10 AM
jkm, I though kevin had a woeful approach to winning this game.

I don't feel like we hurried as much as we could have when it was working.

I don't feel like we gave Bradford good options (or he didn't see them) when pressure came to him. IMO this pressure on Bradford should not have been unexpected.

I thought we might have been more creative on those critical short down situations.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/9/2009, 12:11 AM
Shut up

getrdone
1/9/2009, 12:12 AM
perspective-yes i am frustrated and hated to lose- but my wife came home today and told me a lady she teaches with lost a son today in a car wreck-losing is not fun-but it's not life or death.

JLEW1818
1/9/2009, 12:13 AM
you can't expect to beat florida with 14 points

southern sooner
1/9/2009, 12:15 AM
upset here 2 but who the hell would you replace him with,..i wouldnt trade him for anyone!!!

tulsaoilerfan
1/9/2009, 12:16 AM
Folks, this loss is ENTIRELY on Kevin Wilson; the only 2x we went to a true hurry up and run the play mode, we scored; we ran the SAME ****ing play on 3rd and 4th and goal, then ran it AGAIN with 3rd and 1 before the missed field goal; too many plays that took too long to develop and he got greedy several times trying to go deep when it wasn't there; the guy is a horrible big game coordinator, and by big game i mean any game against a good opponent outside Norman; i'm really pissed right now:mad:

OU Adonis
1/9/2009, 12:18 AM
Its pretty obvious that Bob Stoops is no Barry. 1-4 in title games?

Josh Eisenteith
1/9/2009, 12:20 AM

wow. I hope Stoops is around for a long time, he's done a super job. Remember the 90s? I'll take this season any ol' time.

Okie35
1/9/2009, 12:23 AM
threadstarter you're stupid we'll be back next year trust me...

txsooner14
1/9/2009, 12:23 AM
Everyone is pissed but who would you replace Bob with? He is one of the best coaches in the country.

nighttrain12
1/9/2009, 12:24 AM
Once again, Bob Stoops was outcoached in a big game. Gary Gibbs just got fired as Def. Coordinator in NOLA. Maybe we should hire him again?

woahwhat
1/9/2009, 12:24 AM

You're not a real OU fan. You're better not watching Oklahoma football and not wearing OU colors. Leave the Crimson and Creme off next scene because you apparently only ride the bandwagon.

Boomer Sooner. I'm proud to be an Oklahoma Student and I'm proud of our team.

CrimsonGuy
1/9/2009, 12:25 AM
Typical what have you done for me lately fan. Yea it sucks to lose another championship game. but you have to remember the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, and the next coach is not always better than the last. I remember the 90's and how bad we suffered through the losing seasons and the coaching changes. It sucked. It was embarrassing and disappointing. I know the media and some fans will be hard on him and call for him to be replaced, but you need to keep in mind a we could do worse. I am glad we have Bob and I am proud of our team. They payed hard but came up short. Maybe next year.
BOOMER SOONER

boomersooner28
1/9/2009, 12:26 AM
Florida was the better team. They made the plays when they had too. Tebow is a once in a lifetime college player. Props to him for leading his team. We got beat. Period. ****ing frustrating as hell, but we got beat.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/9/2009, 12:28 AM
Sponge Bob Bowl Flops.

jdsooner
1/9/2009, 12:28 AM
The guy who started this thread is a stupid *** who deserves a butt whoopin'. I am so sure you could do a better job as the head coach, moron.

jdsooner
1/9/2009, 12:31 AM
The guy who started this thread is a stupid *** who deserves a butt whoopin'. I am so sure you could do a better job as the head coach, moron.

texas bandman
1/9/2009, 12:31 AM
Another great season Bob. I think there's lots of teams that would love to be where Bob and staff had OU tonight. Heartbreaking loss, but when you're playing the top teams on a consistent basis they happen. This game was close and hinged on two plays thet Florida won. It happens. Great year Sooners.

pappy
1/9/2009, 12:32 AM
bcs=bob chokin' stoops! fire venables. kw terrible play calling in the redzone.
I'd say fire kw but it would be dumb considering what he has done this season. venables had a decent game plan but once again wasn't good enough and we got WHOOPED on 3rd down whether it be 3rd and short or 3rd in long. I'm not saying fire stoops but he better step up in bowl games I don't wanna hear his excuses or about his record in conference championship games he's at the wrong program for that. stoops is dropping down the coaching rankings, lets not be homers and think otherwise.

OUmillenium
1/9/2009, 12:33 AM
I expected more from Keving Wilson in the red zone. I knew Venables would blow it on 3rd and 12 and he did. Defense played well most of the game.

Bad breaks on the interceptions.

Bad call trying the FG instead of going for it. Nobody in the world except Bob thought he would make that. Ugh.

Very competitive game. Overall our special teams were very solid outside the FG attempt.

Good offense at times, thought we should have something on the outside in the red zone.

Tough loss to a very good team. Winnable game with fewer mistakes and better coaching - but that can go for almost any game.

texas bandman
1/9/2009, 12:33 AM
Another great season Bob. I think there's lots of teams that would love to be where Bob and staff had OU tonight. Heartbreaking loss, but when you're playing the top teams on a consistent basis it happens. This game was close and hinged on two plays that Florida's defense won.

Great year Sooners.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/9/2009, 12:34 AM
Sponge Bob Bowl Flops.

tooslow
1/9/2009, 12:34 AM
As mad as I am about the ridiculous 4 fricken straight runs near the end zone, I can't see anyone doing a better job than Stoops right now. The only guys I would consider would be Garry Patterson and the Utah coach, Wittingham I believe. Those guys have consistently done more with less.

Know this. Without Stoops, the Whorns may have won few more MNCs. :D

The big question now, is does Bradford come back? This was the fastest D he has faced, and some of his throws were off. The 2 INTs were off the mark, although they still could've been caught by the receiver. I wonder what the NFL scouts think about him now, as far as readiness. 14 points? Ouch.... I think he needs another year to polish his skills. :D

Cappy
1/9/2009, 12:35 AM

Dammit, you know what, i was somewhat ok after the win. We could have won, had we taken advantage in the first half. But then i had to read your post. You sir, can go to hell.

Sure, Bob forgot to give Manny Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias stick 'em to hold onto the ball so we don't have the killer interceptions. It's all Bob's fault.

I'm not even blaming those guys, but if you can't see those were two huge plays that we failed on (and getting stopped on the fourth down), you need to ride the shortbus to games next year.

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 12:35 AM
Get a grip, 85. I know you're pi$$ed right now, so chill out before you go saying things you cannot possibly mean.

woahwhat
1/9/2009, 12:36 AM
I'd say fire kw but it would be dumb considering what he has done this season. venables had a decent game plan but once again wasn't good enough and we got WHOOPED on 3rd down whether it be 3rd and short or 3rd in long. I'm not saying fire stoops but he better step up in bowl games I don't wanna hear his excuses or about his record in conference championship games he's at the wrong program for that. stoops is dropping down the coaching rankings, lets not be homers and think otherwise.

Kill yourself now.

woahwhat
1/9/2009, 12:37 AM
Sponge Bob Bowl Flops.

Go troll somewhere else.

CrimsonGuy
1/9/2009, 12:40 AM
The big question now, is does Bradford come back? This was the fastest D he has faced, and some of his throws were off. The 2 INTs were off the mark, although they still could've been caught by the receiver. I wonder what the NFL scouts think about him now, as far as readiness. 14 points? Ouch.... I think he needs another year to polish his skills. :D

No. Thread starter wants to run him off too. He threw 2 interceptions.

GrapevineSooner
1/9/2009, 12:41 AM
A thread lock is imminent.

boomgoesthedynamite
5 straight bowl losses. 1-4 against UT. 1-8 in last 9 biggest games. Tech and OSU are big games, but bowl and UT are biggest. Time for a new coach?

pappy

8timechamps
1/9/2009, 12:44 AM
To everyone knocking the coaches:

Go to bed. We're all frustrated about the loss.

These coaches are the same ones that got us here. Remember, the historically best (or most productive) offensive team in the nation?

We got beat! Period!

If you still feel the same way in the morning, share your feelings about the coaches then.

It takes a person with a GREAT football mind to rip the coaches after we lost a NATIONAL TITLE by 14 points (against the best defense we've seen all year). :rolleyes:

Remember, Kevin Wilson's offense and Bob's coaching won 12 games, a conference title, a SHOT at a national title and a Heisman QB.

Florida beat us.

And for the thread starter...you sir, are a moron.

JPNSKER
1/9/2009, 12:45 AM
Wow.... from an outsider's perspective, Stoops is still one heck of a coach and I doubt there are many teams that wouldn't take OU's success lately. Yeah, the bowl games have been tough, but you guys were also going against the cream of the crop in those games.

Not to get too reminiscent, but our fans back in the day, were calling for TO's head when we couldn't beat OU or the speed of the Southern teams in bowl games. Good coaches learn and improve and I think that's exactly what Stoops will do.

The ONLY thing I questioned Stoops about this evening, was not taking 3 pointers when given the chance. Going into half up 13-7 would have been huge. Heck, even with one of those, it would still have only been a 7 point game towards the end....

Kudos to Bradford for a heck of a game! Those int's were not his fault. I would lay blame on the receivers for those. He's a stud and hope he'll be back next year.

Congrats on a great season, guys. Spring ball will be here soon!:cool:

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2009, 12:45 AM
STFU

aero
1/9/2009, 12:46 AM
In 10 years: Winning 1 MNC, playing in 4 out of 9 MNC's, 2 Heisman winners, winning 6 B12 titles in 10 years (with 5 different qb's), Lombardi, Outland, Butkus, Nagurski, Thorpe, and other award winners, record of 109-23 (.826), a yearly contender for the MNC and a top 10 (or top 5) team. If you ask every university in the nation if they would take that if it meant they would lose 5 BCS games and 3 out of 4 MNC's or take their chances of doing better, you MIGHT get 1 or 2 teams that would turn that down. They don't give out MNC's like texas football banquet awards. They don't come easy. That's why we ONLY have 7. And that's why we have more than 99% of the other schools. I'm just fine with Mr. Stoops. He'll keep us in the mix and we WILL win another, or more, with him.

SoonerEmpire
1/9/2009, 12:46 AM

FAIL!!

TMcGee86
1/9/2009, 12:47 AM
two words...

QB sneak.

we win the game with that play. Three times it was open, and we never ran it.

KW **** the bed.