PDA

View Full Version : Are these refs blind?

feisty_one
1/8/2009, 08:26 PM
PI, helmet to helmet, hit before the ball got there? I've seen numerous missed calls already! Wake up, zebras, you're missing a great game!

colinreturn
1/8/2009, 08:29 PM
thats how you kill somebody

meoveryouxinfinity
1/8/2009, 08:32 PM
that's upsetting. Florida is playing a MAJOR home game.

feisty_one
1/8/2009, 08:49 PM
This is starting to become a joke... c'mon, I mean really.

SoonerBoognish
1/8/2009, 08:54 PM
I'm hoping one of these refs get hit like the hit that was dished out on that pass (interference)... I'm quickly growing tired of the one sidedness of these calls.

feisty_one
1/8/2009, 09:10 PM
I thought you had to maintain possession once you crossed the plane... why can't they review that one; hell, they reviewed everything else so far.

feisty_one
1/8/2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe that's only on pass plays.

Circle City Gator
1/8/2009, 10:11 PM
I thought you had to maintain possession once you crossed the plane... why can't they review that one; hell, they reviewed everything else so far.

Nope. Once you cross the plane the play is over.

Oklahoma has NOTHING to complain about with the refs. The horsecollar on Rainey should have been 15 yards, and Oklahoma's O-line is holding on every play they don't actually tackle defenders.

I hope nobody get hurt in the second half.

DrZaius
1/9/2009, 12:56 AM
I have to agree... I thought the game was evenly called and a lot of bull**** penalties were not. I thought they did a good job.

RiddlerOK
1/9/2009, 01:27 AM
Nope. Once you cross the plane the play is over.

Oklahoma has NOTHING to complain about with the refs. The horsecollar on Rainey should have been 15 yards, and Oklahoma's O-line is holding on every play they don't actually tackle defenders.

I hope nobody get hurt in the second half.

That may have looked like a horse collar tackle but it wasn't because Harris never grabbed him INSIDE the shoulder pads. As far as holding goes, I saw quite a bit of that with Hernandez, the Pouncey twins and Mr. flagged five times for false starts (Trautwein).

nighttrain12
1/9/2009, 01:50 AM
Ron Cherry = 1st 'Affirmative Action' head referee in a BCS Championship game.

He was just abysmal in the game tonight. Of course Thom Brennaman couldn't wait to congratulate him before the game for being the first A.A. head referee in this game.

setem
1/9/2009, 01:53 AM

He was just abysmal in the game tonight. Of course Thom Brennaman couldn't wait to congratulate him before the game for being the first A.A. head referee in this game.

Someone needs to give that mother ****er the business!

CrimsonJim
1/9/2009, 01:58 AM
Someone needs to give that mother ****er the business!

ROFL! Now that there's funny, I don't care who ya are!! :D

The_Red_Patriot
1/9/2009, 08:17 AM
There were a couple times when the refs wouldnt let us run our hurry up offense...we were moving to fast for them i guess.

I remember one time when the ball was set....both teams were lined up and a Florida player kicked the ball and nothing was called.

FlaGators
1/9/2009, 08:22 AM
Yes. They are in fact blind. They are ACC refs.

HORRIBLE. It is a joke. ACC sucks. In everything. Coaches, Players and Refs.

The only thing I saw...with regards to not letting Oklahoma run the hurry up...was when a Florida player seemed to touch, kick or whatever have you at the line and the refs all walked up and just started the game clock. I guess the ball wasn't "set" so it was a no call. But if I'm the ref.....I call a 5 yard penalty.

AlbqSooner
1/9/2009, 08:23 AM
There were a couple times when the refs wouldnt let us run our hurry up offense...we were moving to fast for them i guess.

I remember one time when the ball was set....both teams were lined up and a Florida player kicked the ball and nothing was called.

In defense of the refs, it was apparently the official timekeeper that caused much of the delays earlier on. I also thought the kicking of the ball should have been a delay of game call.

HOWEVER, this game was not decided by the refs. Mostly good officiating with the brain f##ts being pretty evenly distributed.

MichiganSooner
1/9/2009, 09:12 AM
I did not like the no-call on the pass to the sideline early in the game. It looked to me on the replay like our receiver was hit too early. Aren't defenders supposed to be playing the ball?

The first Florida TD was a TD but that is one example of what I do not like about the rule. A runner should be required to maintain possession. A receiver can catch a pass in the endzone and take 3 steps (isn't that breaking the plane???) and then either get hammered to the ground by a defender; if he doesn't hold onto the ball, even if he lands in the first row of the bleachers, it is no TD. The other thing I do not like, a running back can get knocked off his feet and flipped out of bounds at the 2 yard line. If he extends his hands to the side and the "ball goes over the plane" it is a TD. A receiver has to keep one foot in bounds or by golly, that catch isn't good. Why ain't the runner expected to keep one foot in bounds?

Jock Ewing
1/9/2009, 10:54 AM
know excuses

CUinNC
1/9/2009, 12:10 PM

Ya'll were a victim of the "Ron Cherry effect" - he's good at letting a game & his crew slip away during games, never seeming to have a good handle on what's going on - fast or slow...

He Suks major, hell, we have a RC watch all season long on him, 'cause we know what's coming - a lot of grief:mad: