PDA

View Full Version : Who is stuck at work all day and is about to jump thru a wall?!

Collier11
1/8/2009, 12:00 PM
I cant take it, im ready for a cold ber and some hard hitting football!!!

SoonerTroll
1/8/2009, 12:03 PM
i know, im thinking i have to leave early, atleast by 4... I can't take it

soonerboy_odanorth
1/8/2009, 12:08 PM
I took a half day off because I knew I would be fairly worthless as the day went on... see what I'm doing right now... GAH! 1 hour away....

Collier11
1/8/2009, 12:12 PM
im here til 4 but not going in tom til 1 at the earliest if at all...depending on if we win

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/8/2009, 12:12 PM
me

BigTip
1/8/2009, 12:18 PM
I woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. If I'M this way, just think about the guys on the team. I hope they slept better than I did.

SoonR4Life
1/8/2009, 12:20 PM
Took the words out of my mouth, lol.

I did take the day off tomorrow.

BOOMER SOONER!

Collier11
1/8/2009, 12:22 PM
It will be nice to not have to deal with 6 months of depression after tonight...:)

Cr@zySooner
1/8/2009, 12:27 PM
I'm active duty military and I am about to put these OU haters head through some walls.

Maybe I will just make them do push-ups instead, that could work.

boomermagic
1/8/2009, 12:28 PM
Took the words out of my mouth, lol.

I did take the day off tomorrow.

BOOMER SOONER!

Me too..

BornandBred
1/8/2009, 12:28 PM
I have 2 computers: my laptop that I use for the Interwebs, and my workstation for work. My stupid workstation keeps going into screen saver, if that tells you anything. I haven't coded a single line yet today.

Collier11
1/8/2009, 12:31 PM
It will be nice to not have to deal with 6 months of depression after tonight...:)

delhalew
1/8/2009, 12:33 PM
I'm bouncing off the walls. I drive a n2 truck for frac jobs in the oil patch. I will be watching the game in a hotel room tonight. I decided not to take off because in 2000 when we got #7 I was working in a bar. So...apparently if I'm on the clock its good mojo.

Boomer!

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/8/2009, 12:33 PM
If I wasn't at work right now I'd just be screaming at the TV d**n ESPN!!!! I'm going crazy enough as it is...at least I can rub our game in the faces of the ACC fans I'm surrounded by!!!!

soonertaylor
1/8/2009, 12:34 PM
:eek:

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/8/2009, 12:35 PM
I knew I would be worthless at work today and it is official. I'm taking a half day and am out of here at 2:00. I need a few hours to get started and let my liver get nice and marinated in rum. IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/8/2009, 12:36 PM
Can't believe my boss actually wants me to do stuff while I'm here today....then again better than the alternative!!

Explodo
1/8/2009, 12:36 PM
I have every texas ********* here at work coming by to tell me that OU sucks and TExas has made their case for being voted a split champ...

Texas fans have some kind of institutional insanity...

Boomer.....
1/8/2009, 12:39 PM
I might have done about 30 minutes of real work today.

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2009, 12:43 PM
I have a very nice Lady suc fan covering for me.:D

The Maestro
1/8/2009, 12:46 PM
My boss thinks it is funny to say, "Go Gators!"

I thought it was funny to schedule an appointment an hour away at 2...of course, I live an hour away!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/8/2009, 12:47 PM
Me. But I've trained my two co-workers to answer "Sooner" when I say "Boomer."

Knippz
1/8/2009, 12:48 PM
I took today AND tomorrow off, and don't work weekends. Yeah, I thought ahead.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/8/2009, 12:49 PM
Me. But I've trained my two co-workers to answer "Sooner" when I say "Boomer."

I wish I worked with Billy Sims. We could really get the chant going!! That would be awesome!!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/8/2009, 12:51 PM
Leaving at noon and have tomorrow off. I am set for dunkytown tonight!

BornandBred
1/8/2009, 12:52 PM

I've just set my average work level extremely low so my coworkers have lower expectations. That way, I can coast these next couple days, actually work on Monday, and it's all good.

texas bandman
1/8/2009, 12:54 PM
Luckily, I have middle school kids to vent on. I've been a mean SOB today. e3specially when the first 6th grader tht hit my door said "Go Gators". He got lunch detention for that one. :D

KaleoHolley
1/8/2009, 12:57 PM
I have been pretty worthless today at work, came in early to i can get early. Win or lose i didn't want to come to work tomorrow, so i came today!

soonersweetie
1/8/2009, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty much useless, kind of going through the motions. Get out of here about an hour early today.

No1Better
1/8/2009, 01:06 PM
ditto

Collier11
1/8/2009, 01:11 PM
Win or lose i didn't want to come tomorrow, so i came today!

atleast you get to ***_ :eek:

TheUnnamedSooner
1/8/2009, 01:15 PM
im here at work

soonerfan715
1/8/2009, 01:24 PM
well, I too am stuck here at work being absoutely worthless. All I can think is "is it 7 yet?" I did plan ahead and took tomorrow off too. My Pokes fan supervisor thought I was nuts.

fadada1
1/8/2009, 01:36 PM
i'm on my 2 months off cycle right now - too much snow for golf. i keep myself occupied by working out. today, however, i ran a little longer, lifted a little more/longer, and swam a little longer. got rid of a good 2 1/2 to 3 hours right there.

heading to my wife's work in a while to help her set up for a thing this evening.

just getting my soonerfans fill right now.

Wishboned
1/8/2009, 01:37 PM
By gawd I can feel it in the air.

I'm about to bounce off the walls. Of course that might also be due to the Mt. Dew, can of Nos, and coffee that I've had since 8 am.

But I think it's just pre-game excitement.

TMcGee86
1/8/2009, 01:38 PM
yes, this blows.

bmjlr
1/8/2009, 01:40 PM
Guilty!

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/8/2009, 01:41 PM
Everyone, if we are all this jacked up for the game, IMAGINE HOW JACKED UP OUR BOYS ARE FOR THIS! All the talk about how we have no D, we have no speed, our guys can't play with the sec..........they have a fire lit up under their arses and IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/8/2009, 01:46 PM
I feel like I am cheating the american taxpayer...especially today...active duty military and have not accomplished jack ****!! Leavin at 3 tho to get primed for a 630 start time here in the mtn time zone!!

soonermix
1/8/2009, 01:51 PM
i was oh so close to talking my boss into going to the bar with me right after lunch... damn him and his stupid meetings
tick tock tick tock
now i am just staring blankly into my screen pretending to work with lots of pretend work.

OUAlumni1990
1/8/2009, 01:54 PM
Words can't express how I feel right now.

Norman Sooner
1/8/2009, 01:58 PM
Is it 7 yet? The juvenile kids are getting away with whatever they want to today..Cause i just really cant concentrate enough to care what they are doing..

primetime43
1/8/2009, 02:12 PM
Everytime I think about the game I get this excited nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can't take it anymore. There is so much on the line tonight!!

StormySooner-IN
1/8/2009, 02:23 PM
We had a half day at school. First time Im glad we had one on a Thursday instead of Friday... Were supposed to get out at noon....but I left at 1120.

I couldn't concentrate at all today on anything. My heart has been pOUnding since I went to bed last night...

:D

SoonerTank
1/8/2009, 02:28 PM

Flagstaff, I see your location is a cat house and you have a very nice Lady suc fan covering for you, if you knew me better, would you tell me all about it???:D :D

TUSooner
1/8/2009, 02:30 PM
I am glad to be working; otherwise I'd be home gnawing the furniture. It helps to remind myself that my life will not change in any significant way due to the result of the game. But I'm not sure I really believe that. :D

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 02:34 PM
I'm just ready for the inevitable to occur.

SoonerTank
1/8/2009, 02:46 PM
Up at 3:30 and will get home about 17:00. Can't eat, probably won't sleep. The alarm is set for 3:30. I just hope the loss of sleep will be worth it. GO SOONERS!!!

sooner518
1/8/2009, 02:49 PM
unemployed and im still a basketcase. about to go to the store and pick up some game supplies :D

soonercastor
1/8/2009, 03:11 PM
a company made me fly yesterday to Dallas from Norman for a Meet and Greet scheduled for today all day. Guess when m flight back is? Today at 7:55, I'll miss most of the first quarter and the whole second quarter. I'll watch the second half at the OKC airport. No WAY I'm driving knowing while these guys are laying...I'd kill someone on the road

JLEW1818
1/8/2009, 03:13 PM
win or lose, the liver will be hit hard.

SoonersEnFuego
1/8/2009, 03:19 PM
I am at work until 4:30.
I am on SoonerFans.com.
I have FoxSports in my right ear via iPhone Radio. (It's the ear away from the door)
I have done one or two things but now....I'm coasting. GET HERE GAME!!!!

tbl
1/8/2009, 03:23 PM
It's nice to see I'm not the only one that is so dramatically affected by this. I've been freaking out all week, but it really kicked in last night. Today has been kind of a cloud, but I closed a big deal so that helped. Other than that, I'm officing out of the house and what you see here is the most work I can do the rest of the day. I am flipping the flip out...

HoserSooner
1/8/2009, 03:24 PM
I am, but a frequent dose of caffenie and nicotine is getting me by until I can get home to the good stuff. :D

OU_2000
1/8/2009, 03:27 PM
I couldnt help it, I started the festivities last night and am paying for it at work today. I bit the bullet and got here early today so I'll leave around 330. Gonna have to make through a couple of cold ones to wash last night off.

The idea that I have been or will be productive today or tomorrow is laughable.

ouwasp
1/8/2009, 03:28 PM
Today at lunch, my co-workers and I are talking about the game of course. One lady (osu grad) tells us about her 16 yr old son... he's a poke fan and HE was so jacked up last night it blew his mind.. he was saying "How do they stand it! Gosh they must be so fired up! How can they sleep tonight?!" Then he started talking about his high school season next yr, getting fired up...

Too bad the pokes can't likewise inspire their own young 'uns.....

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 03:29 PM
All of a sudden time has just started to get slower.

starrca23
1/8/2009, 03:32 PM
Count me in...so amped up I could run a marathon.

Mike@DW
1/8/2009, 03:52 PM
You just have to integrate your sooner pride with your job

www.DeatschWerks.com (my company)

Soonerfan85
1/8/2009, 03:58 PM
I have every texas ********* here at work coming by to tell me that OU sucks and TExas has made their case for being voted a split champ...

Texas fans have some kind of institutional insanity...

Did any of them happen to mention what time the flyover will be during the game?

Well how's this for starting out your National Championship gameday in a sheety manner. I woke up this morning to sewage backing up in our downstairs bathroom. Had to take a half day vacation and go rent a sewer rooter. Damn tree roots. Makes me want to drown someone's kittens! Now I'm at work trying to play catch up so I can leave at 5 to go coach my son's basketball team. Gonna be a SHORT practice tonight! :D

Norman Sooner
1/8/2009, 04:08 PM
If one of my employees doesnt stop playing the damn gator song, he is about to find himself without a job....Geeeez i need to be off work right now

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 04:12 PM
If one of my employees doesnt stop playing the damn gator song, he is about to find himself without a job....Geeeez i need to be off work right now

Go to youtube, search boomer sooner fight song, play it with your speakers at full volume!

TMAC
1/8/2009, 04:13 PM
I'm right there with you guys. My CEO told me if I brought her a OU T-shirt she would wear it at a BCS party tonight so I went and purchased one for her. She brought it back to my office and told me she wouldn't be able to wear it because she found out all the people at the party were either Florida fans or Texas fans hoping we lose! Just goes to show you there is no loyalty at the work place anymore! I'm out of here! Boomer Sooner!

BornandBred
1/8/2009, 04:22 PM
I'm OUT! Due to my computer taking a deuce at home, I'll hopefully see y'all tomorrow to discuss how glorious our victory was. Either way, I hope we show up and play some real football. BOOMER!!

soonerfan715
1/8/2009, 04:52 PM
I looked at the clock about 3:30 and was pleasantly surprised that it was after 3, but that feels like it was 3 hours ago!! It's 3:50 now. lol

soonerhillbilly
1/8/2009, 04:58 PM
Hope to head out soon. I am in Hog Country and I am tired of these SEC whack jobs. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonermagic14
1/8/2009, 05:31 PM
I'm off work!!!!! Anybody know where Sooner watching parties are in Dallas? Trying to find a place to watch the game where I'm not the only Sooner fan. Last time I watched OU in the NCG vs USC I was surrounded by texass fans and that was the worst night of my life. Help somebody! Anybody out there going to Dallas tonight to watch the game?

Skoch
1/8/2009, 05:45 PM
I'm off work!!!!! Anybody know where Sooner watching parties are in Dallas? Trying to find a place to watch the game where I'm not the only Sooner fan. Last time I watched OU in the NCG vs USC I was surrounded by texass fans and that was the worst night of my life. Help somebody! Anybody out there going to Dallas tonight to watch the game?

The Granada Theater on Greenville is showing the game, opens at 6. Full bar, three giant screens and loud sound. The MAT on Mckinney Avenue in Uptown is an official OU spot for every game (football and basketball).

soonermagic14
1/8/2009, 05:50 PM
thanks Skoch

wishbonesooner
1/8/2009, 06:08 PM
I've been calm all day. I'm a grandfather with 5 great grandkids, and then my oldest texted me the one word that got me fired up like the old days!
BOOMER!!!