PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith really said this

sooner518
1/8/2009, 10:22 AM
just now on First Take:
"Florida's defense has 87 tackles for loss this season.....Oklahoma has 8"

huh??

Also, Skip Bayless put on his OU hat (literally) and defended OU and said basically that the media has challenged our defense to play angry and he thinks our NFL talent on D will slow down UF to around 30 points which should be more than enough to win.

Good lord help me, I'm agreeing with Skip Bayless. Let's get this game started already

OU4LIFE
1/8/2009, 10:27 AM
Stephen A. Smith = Grade A. Jackass.

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html#TEAM.DEF

Shows us with 101 TFLs, but 8 makes Florida seem better, and plus that's ESPN.

OUDizzle
1/8/2009, 10:32 AM
Haha I actually miss Lil' Wayne.

soonermix
1/8/2009, 10:33 AM
just now on First Take:

:confused: well maybe that is only against SEC teams
and since we didn't even play an SEC team this year thats pretty good :confused:

OUmillenium
1/8/2009, 10:50 AM
The last day of Stephen A Smith on the job as a "reporter" cannot get here fast enough. Whadadoush

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2009, 10:58 AM
He is the Spike Lee of sports broadcasting.

Dio
1/8/2009, 11:18 AM
Skip says we're going to win?

We are soooooooo screwed.

SoonerLB
1/8/2009, 11:21 AM
Stephen A. Smith = Grade A. Jackass.

That's the nicest thing I've ever heard anyone say about that asshat.

rock
1/8/2009, 11:29 AM
Smith is the one guy who would truly believe anything he says even if he's totally wrong. He's a moron but a well paid one unfortunately...

soonerboy
1/8/2009, 11:30 AM
When did he become a college football reporter? He sucks hardcore tebowner at being an NBA analyst, now he's a football analyst.....DOH!!!

OUMonster
1/8/2009, 12:18 PM
Yet another espn "analyst" who is hired for their personality and not for their IQ. If someone says something that is 100% wrong, but are 100% assertive about it, 90% of people will believe it and that is what this guy does.

Sooner-N-KS
1/8/2009, 12:33 PM
just now on First Take:

huh??

Also, Skip Bayless put on his OU hat (literally) and defended OU and said basically that the media has challenged our defense to play angry and he thinks our NFL talent on D will slow down UF to around 30 points which should be more than enough to win.

Good lord help me, I'm agreeing with Skip Bayless. Let's get this game started already

I heard him say this as well, and I figured out what happened. His OU - 8 and Florida 87 numbers are right.

Unfortunately for him, those numbers represent team rankings, not total tackles for loss. OU is #8 in the nation with 101 tackles for loss, and Florida is #87 with 67. He based his whole argument on this to say that OU's defense was terrible.

I've already sent him an e-mail.

Sooner-N-KS
1/8/2009, 12:34 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamtacklesloss&site=org

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2009, 12:40 PM
That show was soooo staged, would make Springer proud.:rolleyes:

mfosterftw
1/8/2009, 01:03 PM

He can blame it on a miscommunication from a research intern.

But here's how it's stupid on the face of it and should have set off a warning siren in his brain... no D1 school has less than 45 TFL. It's like saying the average summer temperature in Florida is 87 (reasonable), but in Oklahoma it's only 8 (ludicrous).

Ground_Attack
1/8/2009, 01:08 PM
aren't we like 3rd in the nation in sacks? do those not count? :D

cheezyq
1/8/2009, 01:12 PM
I heard him say this as well, and I figured out what happened. His OU - 8 and Florida 87 numbers are right.

Unfortunately for him, those numbers represent team rankings, not total tackles for loss. OU is #8 in the nation with 101 tackles for loss, and Florida is #87 with 67. He based his whole argument on this to say that OU's defense was terrible.

Even Skip Bayless called him out by saying he "crammed very well" just before the segment started. Then Skip fumbled all over himself (as usual), clumsily making a point about OU's defensive talent being angry and motivated and eventually stopping the UF offense.

The worst part about ESPN with OU is that when they designate someone to take OU's side, it's usually a complete ***hat who can't get out of his own way in a debate.

setem
1/8/2009, 01:33 PM
SPARKLING WIGGLES!

What a dumb ***!

JLEW1818
1/8/2009, 03:19 PM
Stephen A Smith is as cool as AIDS

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2009, 03:44 PM
wow..I couldn't quote anything that guys says..I never listen

SOONERnTx
1/8/2009, 04:42 PM
just now on First Take:

huh??

I think what he meant was that Oklahoma will have 8 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, not tackles for loss, after the game tonight!

Cam
1/8/2009, 05:43 PM
But here's how it's stupid on the face of it and should have set off a warning siren in his brain... no D1 school has less than 45 TFL. It's like saying the average summer temperature in Florida is 87 (reasonable), but in Oklahoma it's only 8 (ludicrous).

You're making the assumption that he actually knows the first thing about football. That's one HUGE assumption.

Sooner-N-KS
1/8/2009, 05:45 PM
It's just amazing how many guys they have on ESPN that don't have a clue about what they are talking about. He tries to say they only have 8 tackles for loss when they average 7.77 tackles for loss per game over 13 games.

Landthief 1972
1/8/2009, 05:56 PM
Stephen A Smith is as cool as AIDS

Even AIDS wouldn't be caught dead in public with him.

tulsaoilerfan
1/8/2009, 07:01 PM
I would say he needs to stick with the NBA,but no one cares about it.

ouwapiti
1/8/2009, 07:10 PM
Stephen A is a self-important prig !!!!!