PDA

View Full Version : Who takes DeMarco's kick return job?

evergreen1310
1/8/2009, 09:11 AM
I think the biggest area that we'll miss Demarco is the good field position he usually gives us on kickoffs. I don't hear anyone talking about who's lining up back there with Iglesias for this game.

Broyles maybe, Manny Johnson? -- I think this will make a tremedous impact on the game. I think it could be exciting to see Broyles because of the moves he has, but I don't know if he's got the size for the kickoff return. Plus, you start messing with our turnover marging when you put anyone back there that hasn't returned kicks all year. The Ball was pretty safe from fumble with Demarco in there. ---- Just for sh#t's and giggles, it would be cool to see Jermaine Gresham return kicks.

theresonly1OU
1/8/2009, 09:16 AM
Honestly, size doesn't have everything to do with kick returns; Broyles hasn't been used very much to this point because we've always had demarco to do it.

I would expect to see either Broyles, Manny, or even (hopefully) Madu do it.

Anyone who saw that kid return kicks in HS knows that, while this is a lot tougher competition, he is explosive with the ball in his hands.

Either way, BOOMER SOONER, and make sure you let TEBOW! (tm) touch the trophy on your way out of Miami; it'll be the closest he'll ever come to it.

evergreen1310
1/8/2009, 09:23 AM
You're right, size doesn't have everything to do with it, but size and speed do help. --- I could just see Broyles becoming an X factor in this game if they let him return kicks.

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 09:26 AM
Who was back there with Iglesias in KC? I thought it was Brown.

theresonly1OU
1/8/2009, 09:28 AM
You're right, size doesn't have everything to do with it, but size and speed do help. --- I could just see Broyles becoming an X factor in this game if they let him return kicks.

touche'

let's all just pray that he keeps hold of the ball during the return; if he can keep from fumbling the ball, he has a shot to be just as effective (if not more) as Murray in the return game.

evergreen1310
1/8/2009, 09:32 AM
Who was back there with Iglesias in KC? I thought it was Brown.

I have no idea. It seems like he wouldn't be a good guy to return kicks being that he's the main back now, and if he got hurt doing extra special teams work, we're f'd.

evergreen1310
1/8/2009, 09:34 AM
I just looked this up. It was Brown

tator
1/8/2009, 09:36 AM
Broyles all the way. He's already had one punt return for a TD against KSU

sooneredaco
1/8/2009, 09:58 AM
Franks wouldn't be a bad choice either. Oh and I've always been told that size does matter.... Good to hear it's not that critical. :-)

soonertaylor
1/8/2009, 10:03 AM
I agree. Broyles and Juaquin. Madu would be fine there too. I honestly believe the nation is going to see what Madu is all about tonight. He will make everyone forget for a bit about Murray. Murray will be missed but Madu will show everyone his stuff tonight. He is my sleeper for this game.

evergreen1310
1/8/2009, 10:11 AM
I agree. Broyles and Juaquin. Madu would be fine there too. I honestly believe the nation is going to see what Madu is all about tonight. He will make everyone forget for a bit about Murray. Murray will be missed but Madu will show everyone his stuff tonight. He is my sleeper for this game.

I'm going to stick with Broyles as my sleeper for this game. I know he's had a decent year and is becoming more well known, but I think he's a scret loaded gun waiting to go off. It just depends whether or not KW pulls the trigger.

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 10:23 AM
I'm going to stick with Broyles as my sleeper for this game. I know he's had a decent year and is becoming more well known, but I think he's a scret loaded gun waiting to go off. It just depends whether or not KW pulls the trigger.

I love the way he tries to make plays bigger than they are. It's got a lot of that avoid tackle and dodging ability.