PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Doyel gets it re: SEC "hubris"

TexasEx4OU
1/7/2009, 09:23 PM
Great article, and it nails two things that have been irritating many of us for the last couple of weeks: 1) the arrogance of SEC fans, to the point of completely ignoring any counter argument, and 2) the fact that the "Big XII defenses suck" drum beat is not all that ESPN makes it out to be. Enjoy...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11234394

IronSoonerMan
1/7/2009, 10:13 PM
Very good post!

Thanks, I couldnt agree with Him more.

oupride
1/7/2009, 10:38 PM
Love it! Boomer!!!

BigGobbler
1/7/2009, 10:46 PM
Great read!

BigGobbler
1/7/2009, 10:47 PM
Great read!

Circle City Gator
1/7/2009, 11:15 PM
Great article, and it nails two things that have been irritating many of us for the last couple of weeks: 1) the arrogance of SEC fans, to the point of completely ignoring any counter argument, and 2) the fact that the "Big XII defenses suck" drum beat is not all that ESPN makes it out to be. Enjoy...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11234394

We haven't ignored counter arguments. We have simply found them unpersuasive. :D

theresonly1OU
1/7/2009, 11:33 PM
Because the truth is, the difference really could be Florida's defense.

After it gets its @$$ kicked by the best offense in college football history.

^fu#$ing THIS^

theresonly1OU
1/7/2009, 11:38 PM
We haven't ignored counter arguments. We have simply found them unpersuasive. :D

Really?

How many times has anyone outside this site said anything about the fact that Sam Bradford is by far the best QB you have faced this year?

And while I understand that Defense wins championships, it's not like we have a JUCO defense here, bub. These are 18-20 year old men who are playing here; to act like FU won't be phased if OU jumps out 14 or 21 (cough...UTAH...cough) because your D is sooo dominant is a little specious if you ask me.

Circle City Gator
1/8/2009, 12:09 AM
Really?

How many times has anyone outside this site said anything about the fact that Sam Bradford is by far the best QB you have faced this year?

And while I understand that Defense wins championships, it's not like we have a JUCO defense here, bub. These are 18-20 year old men who are playing here; to act like FU won't be phased if OU jumps out 14 or 21 (cough...UTAH...cough) because your D is sooo dominant is a little specious if you ask me.

As for the Bradford question, quite a few times at Gatorsports.com. I have also seen several Gators acknowledge same right here. On the other hand, most of you seem to think Tebow is a dead-armed fullback.
As for your defense, well, you said "JUCO," I didn't.

hgarmorer
1/8/2009, 07:25 AM
Looks like everything we have been saying all year.