PDA

View Full Version : I'm not participating in the recession

Jerk
1/7/2009, 08:24 PM
Well, so far.

It's amazing how busy we are. For those who don't know me, I am a tractor-trailer driver for a big OKC ready mix concrete company. I deliver cement powder to the plants in a tanker truck, so the plant can batch it with rock, sand, and water to make concrete. It then goes into mixer trucks which take the product to the job sight...which are usually new homes. 1 semi load of cement powder can make enough concrete to fully load about 11 mixer trucks and pour all of the concrete for and average 2200 sq. ft. home.

Today I hauled 130 tons of material, worked 11 hours, made good money by fkn hillbilly standards, ran over two Prius's with Obama stickers, and there's no end in sight. We have a HUGE commercial project going on right now that may last for years. The only thing that can stop us is snow or ice, and due to global warming, we haven't had much of that.

All the talk of the next bubble to burst, "recession," "depression," et. al., is irrelevant right now.

I've never had a year start out so well. Normally, come this time of year in the dead of winter, I'm sitting at home jerking off.

Sorry if there are any typos...I took a shot of Nyquil about 30 minutes ago and night night time is coming.

Curly Bill
1/7/2009, 09:00 PM
Recession or not, you did a good thing running over the Prius driving Brack supporters.

VeeJay
1/7/2009, 09:18 PM
Normally, come this time of year in the dead of winter, I'm sitting at home jerking off.

Pshawwww.....Who ain't?

OklahomaTuba
1/7/2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds a hell of a lot more fun than working to me.

olevetonahill
1/8/2009, 12:07 AM
AW so your the Bastage that caused me to Have a few Cold Pours .:eek: