PDA

View Full Version : gameday party menu ideas?

jrboomersooner
1/7/2009, 07:07 PM
So what's on your menu? I'm looking for ideas for dips etc for during and easy grill ideas for dinner after (since kickoff is 3:15pm here).

salth2o
1/7/2009, 08:00 PM
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6615/kabobsct1.th.jpg (http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kabobsct1.jpg)

I am going to cook these. They are quick, easy, and delicious. Cherry tomato, German sausage, onion, bell pepper, pineapple...repeat. Grill until tomatoes start to brown.

Aloha!

OUHOMER
1/7/2009, 08:44 PM
Well, since its Not going to be 3:15 here and its a freaking thursday night, It will be a simple pizza and beer. Than hopefully to bed. I will probably be too pumped to go to sleep or too mad. but I can tell ya 0400 am is going to come early

Dan Thompson
1/7/2009, 09:01 PM
Pepcid, Tums, Maalox, and Gas-X.

FirstandGoal
1/7/2009, 09:24 PM
Going the pizza route as well. I got lucky and I'm gonna get off work at 6pm, but have a 45 minute drive to my sister's house. Everybody there is in the same situation-- getting home and settled with only about 45 minutes to spare before kick-off.

P3 Gator
1/7/2009, 09:29 PM
Well, since its Not going to be 3:15 here and its a freaking thursday night, It will be a simple pizza and beer. Than hopefully to bed. I will probably be too pumped to go to sleep or too mad. but I can tell ya 0400 am is going to come early

You're central time? I'm up at 5:15 AM and it just pizzes me off that they do this on a friggin' Thursday night. I'm on the east coast so kick-off won't be until after 8:00, so we're in the same boat.

soonerfanlv
1/7/2009, 09:40 PM
:eek:

Is this thread for real?!? Who can eat during the game? I'll be lucky if I can eat at all tomorrow. After the game, I was thinking Gator...

setem
1/7/2009, 09:50 PM
I had gator last week and it made me sick!

Game Day Menu at the Setem Household

Wings from Wingstop: 50 regular and 25 Tariaki
My Mother's Nachos that are insanely good!
Blackbean Dip
Salsa
Guacamole
Pizza Bites

Drinks:
Beer: Rolling Rock for my 64oz Beer Boot!
Coke
Dr Pepper
Champagne for the post game celebration

Acid Cigars for celebration purposes too!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2009, 10:16 PM
after the game I ll go to wendy's

soonersweetie
1/7/2009, 10:56 PM
Pepcid, Tums, Maalox, and Gas-X.

Amen to that! I will probably be too upset and nervous to eat. I'm already a basket case now.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/7/2009, 11:14 PM
Easiest Ever Good Luck OU Queso Dip

Mix up some shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend with some Pace picante sauce in a bowl. The proportions should be about equal but with a little more liquid than cheese.

Microwave until the cheese melts, (stirring a few times in the process) and enjoy with tortilla chips.

For extra creaminess, add some cream cheese to the mix.

This has been a proven good-luck charm for the Sooners so we would not think of watching a game without eating it.

BOOMER!!!!!

bearcat_sooner
1/7/2009, 11:35 PM
Ned: We'll have 3 beers
Bartender: We don't have no beer, just tequila.
Ned: What's tequila?
Bartender: ...It's like beer...
Dusty: Is it fattening?
Bartender: ...Fat-ten-ing?

olevetonahill
1/7/2009, 11:55 PM
Ded Gator , Pre , Mid and Post Game . Nuff said :cool:

007sooner
1/8/2009, 11:43 AM
dinner will have to be served during the first quarter cause thats when the rest of the folks around here get home... but since i'm in charge of the menu, only crimson and cream food allowed in the house! all orange and blue things have been banned... GO SOONERS :D

Hot Rod
1/8/2009, 11:47 AM
We're trying out some homemade spicy beef burritos.

Setem, ever had the lemon pepper flavored wings from there? Yum.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2009, 12:04 PM
Poi, pineapple, bananas, coconuts....

I am freezing my *** off here!!!

Jackass.

SLOgator
1/8/2009, 12:05 PM
What a bunch of f*gs, comparing "gameday party menu ideas" What's next, suggestions for "decorating for the aftergame losers' sleepover" You guys really need to get a pair...

wyliesoonerfan
1/8/2009, 12:29 PM
SLOgator, unlike you losers, we have women fans too!

I took pepperonis and cut them in to O's and U's. I will put some cream cheese on top of some wheat thins and then make the OU symbols with the pepperonis.

BOOMER!!

SoonersEnFuego
1/8/2009, 12:38 PM
Act like you've been there before Gator,
At gameday, you eat. You'll learn.

KaleoHolley
1/8/2009, 01:12 PM
Ribs and BBQ Piazza is on the Menu, also a really fun game to play is as follows. At the start of each drive, Every one puts in a dollar bill. (it's best when played with a group 5-7) After ever down is completed, you pass the dollar to the next person, Whoever ends up with the money when a touchdown or a field goal is made wins the money. If the money gets passed (Which shouldn't be a problem) around two times. Meaning no points have been scored, everyone adds another dollar. If you want to you can make the ante two dollars in the 2nd half. At halftime if nobody scores that person holds the money until halftime is over. At the end of the game, If one person has the money and the ball is knelt, that person passes to the next person and if another play is not ran, that person wins the money. Its pretty intense.

007sooner
1/8/2009, 01:35 PM
SLOgator, unlike you losers, we have women fans too!

I took pepperonis and cut them in to O's and U's. I will put some cream cheese on top of some wheat thins and then make the OU symbols with the pepperonis.

BOOMER!!

AWESOME.

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2009, 01:39 PM
What a bunch of f*gs, comparing "gameday party menu ideas" What's next, suggestions for "decorating for the aftergame losers' sleepover" You guys really need to get a pair...
Enjoy your dinner, reptile.
http://www.tonymarini.com/Images/eating_crow.jpg

BoomerJack
1/8/2009, 01:46 PM
Ribs and BBQ Piazza is on the Menu, also a really fun game to play is as follows. At the start of each drive, Every one puts in a dollar bill. (it's best when played with a group 5-7) After ever down is completed, you pass the dollar to the next person, Whoever ends up with the money when a touchdown or a field goal is made wins the money. If the money gets passed (Which shouldn't be a problem) around two times. Meaning no points have been scored, everyone adds another dollar. If you want to you can make the ante two dollars in the 2nd half. At halftime if nobody scores that person holds the money until halftime is over. At the end of the game, If one person has the money and the ball is knelt, that person passes to the next person and if another play is not ran, that person wins the money. Its pretty intense.

I bet this game is real popular in SEC country where defenses dominate. I can imagine that there are only four winners in a game and for probably sizeable, relatively speaking, payoffs.

1890MilesToNorman
1/8/2009, 01:51 PM

We Sooners get hungry watching a good ole *** whipping but I do understand
you gator boys can't get Tebow's member out of you mouth long enough to have a second thought.

Have a nice life.

captain_surly
1/8/2009, 02:03 PM

:D spek

BillySims
1/8/2009, 02:38 PM
http://rsltothecore.com/rslblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bbq_sandwich.jpg

BOOMER-Q!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2009, 03:32 PM

Dead bird. Gonna put it on you...

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.parisofthesouth.com/travelpics/scott-gator1.JPG

DROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

1890MilesToNorman
1/8/2009, 03:37 PM
He's gonna need a bigger pot! :confused:

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2009, 03:43 PM
Nah, gators fold like a cheap suit!

1890MilesToNorman
1/8/2009, 03:46 PM
And some have zippers for easy dissection. :D

Flagstaffsooner
1/9/2009, 01:11 AM
Well, I guess I better be looking up crow recipes. Crow au OVJ looks good.