PDA

View Full Version : BC fires jagodinski!

SCxxSOONER
1/7/2009, 04:58 PM
BC fired their head football coach today thoughts...

TUSooner
1/7/2009, 05:03 PM
Imagine BC's nerve to expect a coach to honor his contract without running after a better offer half-way through.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2009, 05:08 PM
They could fire him half way through...I see no problems with him at least interviewing...

DrZaius
1/7/2009, 05:09 PM
This has to be one of the assiest sports stories lately. Not only did you fire your head coach over a meeting. You also embarrassed your school and made it difficult to hire someone of quality with them knowing that you fire anyone at the drop of a hat.

JLEW1818
1/7/2009, 05:10 PM
got them to two ACC championships, what else can u want

The AD is just a hardass

Spanish Sooner
1/7/2009, 05:45 PM
I can kinda see where they are coming from in the sense that they lost their last coach to a team in NC State that has been nowhere near as successful as BC has been in that time, and they were probably afraid of losing another one, so they gave him an ultimatum, us or them. Was it a good call, probably not, but he did what he did to try and keep the coach. It was a gamble and he lost, and even though it shows he is an idiot for firing a coach that led them to ACC title games, it shows that he is a man of his word

budbarrybob
1/7/2009, 06:07 PM
looks ignorant imho. guy does great for your school then you make a threat to try to keep him. This blows up in your face as you have to fire him. We make allowances for players wanting to defect to other schools for "personal" reasons. Should be the same for a coach. Even if the "grass is greener syndrome" applies, people should an can choose what they want to do

Widescreen
1/7/2009, 06:13 PM
I think it's funny that he calls the coach a good friend. Somehow I suspect that isn't true. Good friends typically don't lay down ultimatums like that.

JGATOR
1/7/2009, 06:40 PM
O'Brian left for a worse program but the same money. You can describe that as a downward move, IMO. Jagodsinsky (sp) interviewed under the threat of being fired because of the interview. The question the people that run BC need to ask is "what is it about our athletic department that makes successfull coaches want to leave for a lesser program or for possibly nothing at all?".

batonrougesooner
1/7/2009, 06:57 PM
Who are they going to hire now? Any coach who might be interested now will clearly understand that you better not have any higher aspirations than BC or you will be fired! You will get some real winners there.

BC really screwed themselves with this deal.

Sooner Among The Pack
1/7/2009, 07:03 PM
BC has a very small alumni base and doesn't travel well to bowls; this I think is an effort to minimize the effect that BC is a stepping-stone program (as O'Briens lateral or less-than-lateral move displayed).

SoonerBoognish
1/7/2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know if it's true, but it sounds to me like permission wasn't even asked before the interview was planned. I don't think it's a situation where they asked the AD and he said no and they did it anyways. The AD was asked his thoughts about an interview he didn't know was going to happen, and perhaps felt people were sneaking around behind his back and he didn't like that.

It may have been a bad move, but imagine if he hadn't found out beforehand at all? Even if the coach didn't get the Jets job, it would mean to me that he is perfectly willing to interview in secret until he does find something, leaving BC in the cold.

oumartin
1/7/2009, 07:50 PM
they wanted to hire Doug Flutie anyway! :)

bluedogok
1/7/2009, 10:28 PM
Who are they going to hire now? Any coach who might be interested now will clearly understand that you better not have any higher aspirations than BC or you will be fired! You will get some real winners there.

BC really screwed themselves with this deal.
Maybe they will do what Tulsa tried to do in hiring Phillips because they were tired of basketball coaches leaving them for bigger programs like Richardson, Tubby and Self did. We all see how that worked out.....