PDA

View Full Version : 21 for 21

G8trGr8t
1/7/2009, 11:44 AM
FWIW, as much as some rag on Meyer, his first recruiting class at UF are all graduating with their degree. 21 for 21. That deserves some "spec". WIth the talent we now have, early departures will probably prevent this from ever happening again. Cornelius Ingram could have went last year but came back and blew out his knee in pre-season practice.

Look forward to the game. Hope there are no game changing stupid referee calls (on either side) and no injuries.

We should all remember that it is an accomplishment just to have made it to this game and we should be proud of our teams regardless of the final outcome.

21 for 21 just gives me another reason to be proud of the UF program.

frankensooner
1/7/2009, 11:56 AM
That is a great Stat. And I agree on the no injuries or bad calls.

StoopTroup
1/7/2009, 11:58 AM
So why post it on an OU Football Forum?

On top of that...you don't look very smart to most folks if you don't head off to the NFL for the money and then blow your knee out. I'm more of a stay in school guy but when your looking at the insane money they offer to make the jump to the Pros, I can see why most would leave.

Be proud of your 21 all your want but it sounds like he got bad advice to me.

Cornelius Ingram (born on June 10, 1985 in Hawthorne, Florida) is an American football tight end. He saw playing time at shooting guard for the University of Florida's basketball team during the 2004-2005 seasons before focusing only on football in the summer of 2005. Ingram is a fifth-year senior senior tight end who moved from quarterback during the 2005 season.

On August 6, 2008, he seriously injured knee ligaments during fall practice. As a result, he will miss his entire senior season. He is expected to apply for the 2009 NFL draft.

Partial Qualifier
1/7/2009, 12:06 PM
21 for 21 graduating, that's impressive.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2009, 12:09 PM
Dont mind Troup..He gets angry this close to the game

StoopTroup
1/7/2009, 12:23 PM
Dont mind Troup..He gets angry this close to the game
Well...there's that and I don't like Academic Smack Talk.

I could careless which one of them got their degree in Swamp Management right now.

http://www.mccoy.army.mil/vtriad_online/02092007/images/Swamp_Creek_400x.JPG

htownsooner7
1/7/2009, 01:26 PM
This post sucks. Why do you come to our website to post this? Get a life.

Boomer.....
1/7/2009, 01:31 PM
That is a great Stat. And I agree on the no injuries or bad calls.

this.

bri
1/7/2009, 01:35 PM
FWIW, as much as some rag on Meyer, his first recruiting class at UF are all graduating with their degree. 21 for 21. That deserves some "spec". WIth the talent we now have, early departures will probably prevent this from ever happening again. Cornelius Ingram could have went last year but came back and blew out his knee in pre-season practice.

Look forward to the game. Hope there are no game changing stupid referee calls (on either side) and no injuries.

We should all remember that it is an accomplishment just to have made it to this game and we should be proud of our teams regardless of the final outcome.

21 for 21 just gives me another reason to be proud of the UF program.

That is a good stat. You guys should be proud, 'cause more and more that sort of thing is as rare as a white DB that doesn't drop game-clinching interceptions.

And I guess this is as good a place as any to say that I actually like UF. They gave us Stoops, I've always thought Spurrier was fun as hell, and come on people...Erin Andrews. And I like Meyer; I'm a fan of offense, so anyone who innovates beyond "three yards and a cloud of dust" is alright in my book. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that he and Stoops have a good relationship. If Bob says you're good people, well, then you're good people.)

Having said all of that...I hope your team loses tomorrow night. A lot.

fadada1
1/7/2009, 01:39 PM
academic smack. nice.

having actually taught classes (activity classes, sure, but classes nonetheless) at UF, and having taught SEVERAL athletes (some of whom you all know of), some of the majors they choose are questionable at best. i had athletes that went from my class, to another activity class, to another activity class, and then to practice. tough day of classwork, huh?

with that, however, at least they were going to class. better than dexter manley, that's for sure.

bri
1/7/2009, 01:48 PM
How is this "academic smack"? He didn't come here and say "YOU GUYS IZ STOOPID LOLZ!" He just shared a stat about his program that we didn't know 'cause he's proud of it.

fadada1
1/7/2009, 01:51 PM
hey, i thought you were on our side!!!!

StoopTroup
1/7/2009, 02:33 PM
hey, i thought you were on our side!!!!

I know it's hard to tell sometimes...it's just the TU side of him coming out a little. He's a Sooner. :D

G8trGr8t
1/7/2009, 02:59 PM
How is this "academic smack"? He didn't come here and say "YOU GUYS IZ STOOPID LOLZ!" He just shared a stat about his program that we didn't know 'cause he's proud of it.

Thanks. No smack, just some positive news about the program. I like to visit other boars for a different perspective instead of just more of the same all the time. Sorry if that offends you.

Other part of the thread was hoping for a good clean game and congratulating both programs for making it this far.

I guess we all find what we are looking for.

I got turned from green to red for this innocent post. Something wrong with that system.

Good luck tomorrow. Will come back to visit after game, win or lose.

StoopTroup
1/7/2009, 03:04 PM
Wow. There's a place in Gainsville where you can actually go to school.

Congrats!

meoveryouxinfinity
1/7/2009, 03:07 PM
this thread made me loti.

invisible spek for everyone.

JLEW1818
1/7/2009, 03:32 PM
Well...there's that and I don't like Academic Smack Talk.

I could careless which one of them got their degree in Swamp Management right now.

http://www.mccoy.army.mil/vtriad_online/02092007/images/Swamp_Creek_400x.JPG

LOL

bri
1/7/2009, 04:13 PM
I know it's hard to tell sometimes...it's just the TU side of him coming out a little. He's a Sooner. :D

I can't lie, hearing positive academic numbers makes the part of me that roots for a tiny private school feel all warm and happy. ;)

TopDawg
1/7/2009, 06:08 PM
That is a good stat. You guys should be proud, 'cause more and more that sort of thing is as rare as a white DB that doesn't drop game-clinching interceptions.

And I guess this is as good a place as any to say that I actually like UF. They gave us Stoops, I've always thought Spurrier was fun as hell, and come on people...Erin Andrews. And I like Meyer; I'm a fan of offense, so anyone who innovates beyond "three yards and a cloud of dust" is alright in my book. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that he and Stoops have a good relationship. If Bob says you're good people, well, then you're good people.)

Having said all of that...I hope your team loses tomorrow night. A lot.

XEROX! All of it.

And, fadada, don't sell yourself short; your Advanced Four Square class is very challenging.

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2009, 07:43 PM
21 for 21 graduating, that's impressive.

Sure, if they graduate with a degree that is at least somewhat rigorous.

bob
1/7/2009, 10:17 PM
"Cornelius Ingram could have went last year".... G8trGr8t, sounds like you could go back for a list dusting up yourself.