PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Lovefest

Ban One Sooner
1/7/2009, 01:16 AM
I have never seen a lovefest like this before. I remember Mark May and Larry Fitzgerald, the USC Leinart/Bush blather, Vince Young endless bile spewing but I have never witnessed this much crap about a single player in my memory as I have witnessed concerning Tebow.

I get it that he runs and passes. Awesome. Also he is competitive (no $*#$, most people prefer to win when they play). The kid threw 20 touchdown passes. He's not as dominant a runner as a Vince Young or Pat White. I get it that he's a better passer than those guys.

He's a strong safety in the NFL, much like Scott Frost. Out of the league in two or three years, working at a used car dealership and doing low quality local radio and TV commercials in five.

He reminds me of that annoying kid on the little giants movie about ten years ago that was on steroids at age 10. I think the girl in that movie made that kid cry, but I don't really remember.

I seriously hope he gets the beatdown required on Thursday to shut the media up about him for the next couple of years. I never thought I would want to see a QB get knocked around more than I used to hope Chris Simms would get smacked around, but that day has come.

I wish the game started right now, that is all, thank you for your time.

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2009, 01:29 AM
Oh now! They just wanna make sweet love to him on the 50 yard line while smoking whatever it is they're on!

IBleedCrimson
1/7/2009, 01:45 AM
Oh now! They just wanna make sweet love to him on the 50 yard line while smoking whatever it is they're on!

correct. It's perfectly normal, perfectly healthy. Me thinks somebody wants for attention in their own life (bos) :eek: ;)

Ban One Sooner
1/7/2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah I guess. What bothers me most is that I know how everybody always uses the phrase "I threw up in my mouth" and stuff like that when they read stuff like that, but I seriously (for the first time ever) got a little sick when I was reading some of the ESPN stuff. That has not happened to me ever before, so now I'm even more p*$%^# off that ESPN and Tebow have the power to make me physically ill.

It seems in the past the build-up to the game was a little bit more X's and O's and more technical, but this year it's been all meaningless crap. What the h*$% happened that there aren't any journalists who can actually talk about a football game intelligently anymore and have to dwell on this bottom feeder level of emotional idiocy?

For example, instead of talking about Dominique Franks benign couple of comments, talk about how he plays in man, zone, speculate on the type of coverages the secondary will play versus what FU shows offensively. How do our db's match up against their receivers, will we blitz much, can FU's O-line pick it up, can Tebow read it, can the db's handle man if we blitz much. That kind of thing, but there is absolutely none of that, instead it's "Oh, he is so competitive that it physically is changing the orbit of this planet around the sun".

ouwasp
1/7/2009, 01:54 AM
If a clip came out with Tim explicitly stating salvation can only be gained through faith in Christ and that homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God... ESPN would drop him like a hot rock.

IBleedCrimson
1/7/2009, 02:01 AM
yea I definitely see where u coming from. ESPN is turning sports into some kind of tabloid-soap opera hybrid that actually repels serious football fans. It's not about the game but the personalities, which r built up Or torn down depending on what helps ratings.

Another huge factor is that there is simply too much time in between ccg and ncg. It allows stuff like this to percolate. U don't ever hear stuff like
This during regular season bc 6 days later it gets settled on the field. Thank god the game will be played soon

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2009, 02:32 AM
Ah hell, just send 'em a male stripper on Thursday and ESPN will be forced to use the FOX feed for their coverage and the King will school 'em right.

auto
1/7/2009, 07:02 AM
If a clip came out with Tim explicitly stating salvation can only be gained through faith in Christ and that homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God... ESPN would drop him like a hot rock.

Mainly because Corso and Herbie knows their shot at playing "catch" with Timmy would be gone.:D :D :P

Jacie
1/7/2009, 07:09 AM
Tebow's been flirting with magic . . .