PDA

View Full Version : Expect the unexpected Thursday night

landrun
1/6/2009, 10:32 PM
I'm a numbers guy. I keeping looking and comparing FL/OU stats over and over trying to get an indication of how the game might go.

There's one thing I can't seem to escape, and this is it. Florida has played no one on offense. No One. We HAVE played good defenses and ran them off the field.

In spite of what all we hear, it is the OU defense that is battle tested.

Look at the link I provide below.
We have played 7 of the top 25 offenses in the country. Florida has played two of the top 40 and the highest ranked team is #22 UGA.
The TCU offense is better than all but one offense they have played!

Yet, we give up less than a yard more per game rushing than they do.
So what makes them so good?

I'm just not convinced that their defense is as good as they think it is.
At the same time, I think we might be the best and most seasoned defense they have played all year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org

fadada1
1/6/2009, 10:34 PM
UGA is #22???

how??? seriously???

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 10:37 PM
That's because the SEC defenses are composed of mutant cyborgs many times stronger and faster than non-SEC, human players.

(Just trying to save the gators some trouble here. You're welcome.)

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 10:38 PM
I've been expecting it since I walked out of Arrowhead in December. It's why I'm tired of all this "We're Great" Bull**** that's been going on. Every time an SEC or a Big XII Team have played it's just been another barrage of speculators. Nothing much has changed since December for either of these Teams. The numbers don't lie. The Teams you beat are at Home now. It's time to walk onto to the field and butt heads!

BOOMER ! ! !

Iam4OUru
1/6/2009, 10:43 PM
I've been expecting it since I walked out of Arrowhead in December. It's why I'm tired of all this "We're Great" Bull**** that's been going on. Every time an SEC or a Big XII Team have played it's just been another barrage of speculators. Nothing much has changed since December for either of these Teams. The numbers don't lie. The Teams you beat are at Home now. It's time to walk onto to the field and butt heads!

BOOMER ! ! !

SOONER

RoaminSooner
1/6/2009, 10:54 PM
**** Yeah! BOOMER

ouwasp
1/6/2009, 10:55 PM
hmmm.... I don't wanna say I'm gun-shy.....but as for the unexpected: How 'bout the Sooner OL finally play up to their billing in a BCS game?

I was talking to another Sooner fan the other day about the game and caught myself saying "...well, we'll never have a better offensive line..."

So it's time for the Big Uglies to put it all on the line, and leave no doubt as to who is in charge of the LOS.

5thYearSooner
1/6/2009, 11:00 PM
All the trash talk is between OU D and FL O. SEC offenses not rated HIGH cuz of SEC defenses. Havent seen OU -O and FL - D trash talk yet!

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna be screamin so lOUd your gonna need to turn your TV down.

Scotty
1/7/2009, 02:03 AM
All the trash talk is between OU D and FL O. SEC offenses not rated HIGH cuz of SEC defenses. Havent seen OU -O and FL - D trash talk yet!

See Spikes' comments about our RB's

Hot Rod
1/7/2009, 09:02 AM
I'm glad I found this thread because I was going to start one concerning this. Yeah, Florida's defense is good and we've heard how they can stop everything in the world. Thanks, landrun, for starting this thread. I've got more to add.

Doesn't this mean since OU does have the stats to prove that their offense is the best of all time, that Florida should be worried? Yeah, I'm concerned about their defense, but hasn't anyone been concerned about OUr offense. It's scary good, especially in the 1st half. We don't need to get half way through the game to get warmed up.

Let's try to keep the 60 streak going!

Dan Thompson
1/7/2009, 10:47 AM
I was really worried about the TT game and while I watched OU dismantel TT I keep saying "I can't believe its happening" at least 20 times.

I hope I can say the samething on Thrusday.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/7/2009, 10:55 AM
I was really worried about the TT game and while I watched OU dismantel TT I keep saying "I can't believe its happening" at least 20 times.

i did the same thing! everytime we scored, everytime we held them, and everytime i saw how pumped up they were, i kept saying that i couldn';t believe it.

I think that game really proved--to me at least-- that this team was for real! there is something about these guys that juSt scream determination and perserverence. I for one, am glad florida is getting all the hype. Our boys get blood thirsty when their backs are against the wall, and when people talk like they don't have a chance. Bring that s!@T on!!!

BOOMER!!!

G8trGr8t
1/7/2009, 11:30 AM
How have all those great offenses fared in their bowl games to date?

Mizzou, UT, TT? None of them produced like they did in the Big 12 so it comes back to the chicken and egg thing. Are the offenses you faced deserving of their ranking or did they get the ranking playing against Ole' defenses? Same for SEC defenses. Were the defenses that good or were the offenses that bad?

I think it will be a good game that comes down to special teams, tackling in open field, and pressure on the QB's. Will probably be the toughest game either team has had this year.

SoonerLB
1/7/2009, 11:39 AM
I breathe easier knowing that FU lost to the one good offensive team they played.

Hot Rod
1/7/2009, 11:53 AM

I think it will be a good game that comes down to special teams, tackling in open field, and pressure on the QB's. Will probably be the toughest game either team has had this year.

I don't think you can compare how offenses do in just one game? The same could be said for some SEC defenses. Let's not go down that road of this and that.

However, I'll agree with you on that last paragraph.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2009, 12:01 PM
I don't think you can compare how offenses do in just one game? The same could be said for some SEC defenses. Let's not go down that road of this and that.

That road has been traveled so many times, it's all cracked and full of potholes.

boomermagic
1/7/2009, 12:09 PM

I agree,

I know fu is not TT but IF our defense shows up like it did in that game no one and I mean NO ONE can beat us.. At least no team that doesn't play in an NFL league.. I feel really great about our chances I really do..

ratedrsuperstar
1/7/2009, 12:36 PM
The game will come down to turn-overs.

If they have more we will win and if we have more, they will win.

sooneredaco
1/7/2009, 12:52 PM

Mizzou, UT, TT? None of them produced like they did in the Big 12 so it comes back to the chicken and egg thing. Are the offenses you faced deserving of their ranking or did they get the ranking playing against Ole' defenses? Same for SEC defenses. Were the defenses that good or were the offenses that bad?

Why are you still here? One would think that after it has been made painfully obvious to you and all your little friends that we don't really care what you think, that you would actually leave. Go crawl under your bridge and get off of our board. Even after we kick your *** I don't care about you coming back to take your shots. The name of the board is Sooner Fans for a reason

sooneredaco
1/7/2009, 12:52 PM

Why are you still here? One would think that after it has been made painfully obvious to you and all your little friends that we don't really care what you think, that you would actually leave. Go crawl under your bridge and get off of our board. Even after we kick your *** I don't care about you coming back to take your shots. The name of the board is Sooner Fans for a reason

landrun
1/7/2009, 01:12 PM

Better than any conference in college football by far. More points and more yards. I'm glad you asked. :)

On the other hand, the SEC has produced THREE of their WORST performances all year long against the Big XII, Big 10 and whatever conference Utah is from LOL!!

We've proven we're the best offensive conference in college football DURING the bowl games.

landrun
1/7/2009, 01:15 PM

Better than any conference in college football by far. More points and more yards. I'm glad you asked. :)

On the other hand, the SEC has produced THREE of their WORST performances all year long against the Big XII, Big 10 and whatever conference Utah is from LOL!!

We've proven we're the best offensive conference in college football DURING the bowl games.

odern
1/7/2009, 01:41 PM

Guys, I'm sorry to say this but it looks like our marriage is coming to an end. We were excited in the beginning with so much to talk about and after a few weeks later here we are not wanting to hear the same ole things from one another. The cooch is worn out and no one can get any traction. We've banged this board out too much. You'll receive my divorce papers in the mail