PDA

View Full Version : AAA auto

OUHOMER
1/6/2009, 08:26 PM
anybody have this. Our cars are getting older and we dont want to buy new ones at this time. We have been lucky so far, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with AAA. Seem cheap enough, even if you just use it once.

YEA
or
NAY

:pop:

olevetonahill
1/6/2009, 08:53 PM
anybody have this. Our cars are getting older and we dont want to buy new ones at this time. We have been lucky so far, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with AAA. Seem cheap enough, even if you just use it once.

YEA
or
NAY

:pop:

Its a decent Deal , Ive been a Member twice . Let it Lapse the Last time Cause I never really needed it . It did come in Handy a few times tho .
Id say Yes .

OUHOMER
1/6/2009, 09:06 PM
Yea, more worried about the wife. flat tire, dead battery etc....

Vaevictis
1/6/2009, 09:07 PM
I was a member for many years. The only reason I'm not currently is because I have a new vehicle that came with an equivalent service. Once that expires, I'll be a AAA member again.

You can expect that when you have a problem it will take 30-60 minutes before a tow truck arrives, but I've always had good experiences in terms of them doing what they say they'll do.

OUstudent4life
1/6/2009, 09:14 PM
the access to trip stuff is pretty nice, but yeah, I've had them for years and need a tow for one random reason or another each year, so it pretty much pays for itself...definite yea.

OUHOMER
1/6/2009, 09:43 PM
well I just signed up. I hope i never have to use them

KC//CRIMSON
1/7/2009, 12:17 AM
I've got it and have had to use it several times in the past. Yeah, it's worth it.

GottaHavePride
1/7/2009, 12:19 AM
It's nice. Even if you just do something stupid like leaving your headlights on and kill your battery, it's worth it to get a jump if you're in the middle of nowhere.

yermom
1/7/2009, 12:22 AM
i like that you just have to be there. it works in any car. so your friends can benefit as well ;)

i had to pay $140 to get towed to Norman from OKC in September. that would have easily paid for it.

i had them years ago, i just signed up again before hitting the road to Miami

GottaHavePride
1/7/2009, 12:59 AM
Man, PrideTrombone could have used AAA on the way back from Tallahassee. That's an EPIC tale if you can get it out of him. :D

OUTromBoNado
1/7/2009, 04:09 AM
My parents have had AAA for as long as I can remember. I can remember them planning trips and finding hotels in their vacation guides. I was included on their plan, so I've had it now since I turned 16, and I started my own account after I moved out.

In the 10 years I've had AAA, I've used them 3 times: (1) towed my car after the timing belt broke and stalled my car at 81st & Memorial in Tulsa, (2) pulled my dad's truck out of the mud, (3) mom's van failed to start, but they fiddled with something on the starter.

I readily admit that I am mechanically inept. I was never issued that Man Card at birth. With some of the trips I take, I'd be afraid not to have AAA in case something happened.

Also, I've used AAA discounts and saved a boatload of money I don't know how many different times on hotels, plane tickets, and rental cars. I think I saved $20-$30 on my rental car on my recent trip to Tampa thanks to AAA.

olevetonahill
1/7/2009, 06:59 AM
If you gonna be traveling Upgrade to The Gold membership thingy tho. It covers a Lot More , with out a Lot More cost .

1890MilesToNorman
1/7/2009, 08:40 AM
Yes - Ive had it for years and they saved my bacon a couple of times. Consider it bad day insurance when your away from home and break down.

swardboy
1/7/2009, 09:17 AM
You won't regret it....it'll even bail you out of jail !!!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2009, 09:55 AM
Yes.

Wifey drives a lot between Houston and OKC. Fixed her right up in South Dallas in a not so nice location off of I-45. Great story of a young black wrecker driver booming out f-ity-f rap music (need to add the visual of 40 y.o. white (nordic non-tanned) woman sitting in the passenger seat), he drove my wife around until they found a AAA shop that could fix her car in a pinch and made sure she was safe.

SoonerJack
1/7/2009, 01:25 PM
Have it for all of our vehicles. Well worth it. Typically they come unlock my car when I've locked the keys in it.

Oldnslo
1/7/2009, 06:56 PM
Great service; great people. Plus, when you're a AAA member, you qualify for insurance through AAA.

I've represented AAA's insureds for the past 17 years. It has been both a pleasure and an honor to work with Auto Club.

AAA is making a big push in Oklahoma. They're looking to move several hundred jobs into the OKC area, if that matters to you.

It's fair to say that I'm a believer.