PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne Pwned Skip Bayless on 1st and 10

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2009, 08:07 PM
Regarding what Dom Franks said, and thinks Franks got into his head, check the video out pretty cool.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryid=2564308&id=3814076

Hot Rod
1/6/2009, 08:14 PM
Dumbinique? Cmon Skip. As a sports journalist and human, this really bothers me.

BoomerSooner247
1/6/2009, 08:16 PM
What's with the stupid "edgy rock" music that starts as soon as Tebow pictures pop up? Is Tebow just that good that he even has his own theme song? ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2009, 08:19 PM
seriously? he just called a 20 year old kid that?

Cam
1/6/2009, 08:26 PM
More telling to me is that Lil Wayne was able to get his point across without raising his voice. Skip on the other hand, feels he needs to yell to win any debate.

IronSoonerMan
1/6/2009, 08:31 PM
Since Skip is such a big fan of Oklahoma You would think that He would know that Tebow said that about Big XII defenses.

oumartin
1/6/2009, 08:33 PM
lil' wayne is soft spoken isn't he

IronSoonerMan
1/6/2009, 08:39 PM
lil' wayne is soft spoken isn't he

surprisingly

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2009, 08:42 PM
I read a interview about lil wayne and the guy doesnt watch TV shows where people go "cut" or "action", Like Law and Order or Ugly Betty. He says he watches alot sportscenter and thats his favorite show. Which is why he is not impressed with the hollywood glare issuing forth from the media about Tebow and his legend.

Okie35
1/6/2009, 08:46 PM
Since Skip is such a big fan of Oklahoma You would think that He would know that Tebow said that about Big XII defenses.

skips only a "fan"... i really never believe him when he says hes a fan...

meoveryouxinfinity
1/6/2009, 08:58 PM
i love his tattoos with the glasses.

Partial Qualifier
1/6/2009, 09:02 PM
loved that. I'll trade Skip for Lil Wayne any day

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2009, 09:16 PM
People should be emailing ESPN about the "Dumbinuque" comment; Bayless is a tool and that comment was totally uncalled for:mad:

txsooner14
1/6/2009, 09:20 PM
ESPN needs to get rid of Skip and replace him w/ Lil Wayne, at least Wayne uses logic in his response instead of the typical "Tebow is (some way of saying he is the greatest)" response

landrun
1/6/2009, 09:41 PM
Bayless is a lot like other OU fans.

He wants OU to win but is sort gun shy about being optimistic after the last 4 BCS Bowls. He doesn't mind OU saying what they did he just doesn't want them to motivate Florida in any way.

I don't blame him.

swardboy
1/6/2009, 09:44 PM
"Tebow is a force of nature"....c'mon Skip, you idolatrous jerk.

ratedrsuperstar
1/6/2009, 10:17 PM
More telling to me is that Lil Wayne was able to get his point across without raising his voice. Skip on the other hand, feels he needs to yell to win any debate.

Neither guy was yelling, Bayless is just more animated when talking than Lil Wayne.

zeke
1/6/2009, 10:20 PM
Could they possibly put Tebow on a higher pedistal than they have him on now? You would think that he is the best football player to ever step on the field.

I'm tired of it.

Pride Baritone
1/6/2009, 10:22 PM
It's amazing that every time Skip talks about OU he prefaces it with "As you know, I'm an Oklahoma fan..." and then goes on to rip OU no matter what the topic.

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe...just maybe...ESPN, phlorida, texas and damn near every other trash talker out there has awakened a sleeping giant named "THE SOONERS"?

Wishboned
1/6/2009, 10:24 PM
How the **** do you "calm up"?

Ton Loc
1/6/2009, 10:49 PM
I think I'm gonna throw up. When you get owned by Lil Wayne in your own profession its time to hang it up. Also, Dumbinique? Really? Grade A jackass.

mobilesteve
1/6/2009, 11:05 PM
I loved that Dana Jacobson when she was still in the WWE......wait that wasn't her? hmmmm

GottaHavePride
1/6/2009, 11:40 PM
Chris Weinke was the greatest ever before he played us.

So was Chris Simms.

And Seneca Wallace.

Julius Peppers, though, WAS a bad mutha****a.

colinreturn
1/7/2009, 12:06 AM
theres a reason skip got booted from the ticket...

Dio
1/7/2009, 12:12 AM
Bayless is a lot like other OU fans.

No, Skippy isn't like other OU fans. Other OU fans act like they actually like OU.

TopDawg
1/7/2009, 12:20 AM
The Duminique thing was uncalled for.

But "pwned"?! The conversation went like this:

Lil Wayne: I think it's a good idea. Here's why.
Skip: I disagree. Here's why.
LW: I still think it's a good idea. Here's why.
Skip: I still disagree. Here's why.
Both: We'll have to see how it pans out.

PWNED!!!!!!!!!

When the game is over we might have a better idea of which one of them was right (of course they might both be wrong, it might have no effect), but even then it doesn't really seem like a "pwned" situation.

At any rate, I do think Skip likes OU...he was just trying to be funny and failed miserably...like a lot of Soonerfans.com (and hornfans.com, etc.) posters have done when talking about other college players. He should probably be held to a higher standard being on a nationally televised show...but that doesn't mean we should hold ourselves to a low one.

adoniijahsooner
1/7/2009, 12:40 AM
The Duminique thing was uncalled for.

But "pwned"?! The conversation went like this:

Lil Wayne: I think it's a good idea. Here's why.
Skip: I disagree. Here's why.
LW: I still think it's a good idea. Here's why.
Skip: I still disagree. Here's why.
Both: We'll have to see how it pans out.

PWNED!!!!!!!!!

When the game is over we might have a better idea of which one of them was right (of course they might both be wrong, it might have no effect), but even then it doesn't really seem like a "pwned" situation.

At any rate, I do think Skip likes OU...he was just trying to be funny and failed miserably...like a lot of Soonerfans.com (and hornfans.com, etc.) posters have done when talking about other college players. He should probably be held to a higher standard being on a nationally televised show...but that doesn't mean we should hold ourselves to a low one.

WTF were you watching? The conversation did not go like that. Skip acted like a jackass and resorted to calling an OU player names; and lil wayne behaved and spoke as though he actually knows something about football. So in my opinion, Lil wayne did a much better job of debating than the mindless dribble that came from the mouth of skip.

I guess you have to shut someone up and be disrespectful in order to"pwn" someone in your opinion. If skip as s sooner fan did that on this board he would either be carded or banned.

TopDawg
1/7/2009, 12:57 AM
I guess you have to shut someone up and be disrespectful in order to"pwn" someone in your opinion.

Well you don't have to be disrespectful, but I guess I always figured getting "pwned" meant more than someone else stated their case a little better than you stated yours.

Look, the Duminique comment was totally stupid, but it doesn't change the fact that the two arguments were basically this:

Lil Wayne: I think Dominique's trash talk is already in Tebow's head and it'll make him play worse.
Skip: I think Dominique's trash talk is going to inspire Tebow to play better.

I mean, I think Lil Wayne makes a great point and despite some basic grammatical mistakes, he presented it more professionally than Skip. But that exchange didn't come across as getting pwned to me. Maybe my Pwned Scale is just calibrated a little higher than yours. :D

If anybody pwned anybody, Skip pwned himself by making that stupid comment. Lil Wayne just happened to be the guy sitting on the other side of the table.

adoniijahsooner
1/7/2009, 01:05 AM
Well you don't have to be disrespectful, but I guess I always figured getting "pwned" meant more than someone else stated their case a little better than you stated yours.

Look, the Duminique comment was totally stupid, but it doesn't change the fact that the two arguments were basically this:

Lil Wayne: I think Dominique's trash talk is already in Tebow's head and it'll make him play worse.
Skip: I think Dominique's trash talk is going to inspire Tebow to play better.

I mean, I think Lil Wayne makes a great point and despite some basic grammatical mistakes, he presented it more professionally than Skip. But that exchange didn't come across as getting pwned to me. Maybe my Pwned Scale is just calibrated a little higher than yours. :D

If anybody pwned anybody, Skip pwned himself by making that stupid comment. Lil Wayne just happened to be the guy sitting on the other side of the table.

I was really trying to have catchy title;) . ill reevaluate my pwned scale and tinker with it a little.

cheezyq
1/7/2009, 01:07 AM
Oooh. I LOVE the Burress/NYG vs. Brady/NE pre-game trash talk comparison. I can live with that. ;)

Scotty
1/7/2009, 01:17 AM
I guess you have to shut someone up and be disrespectful in order to"pwn" someone in your opinion. If skip as s sooner fan did that on this board he would either be carded or banned.

or NEGGED.:eek:

bri
1/7/2009, 01:22 AM
I'm not really comfortable with that comparison. Does it mean that 'Nique will shoot himself in the leg next season? :eek:

TopDawg
1/7/2009, 01:42 AM
I'm not really comfortable with that comparison. Does it mean that 'Nique will shoot himself in the leg next season? :eek:

But if Tebow had a season-ending injury in the first game of the season, does that change things for you?

TopDawg
1/7/2009, 01:44 AM
I was really trying to have catchy title;) . ill reevaluate my pwned scale and tinker with it a little.

Heh. No sweat. I'm glad you posted it...it was good stuff.

Scott D
1/7/2009, 02:07 AM
theres a reason skip got booted from the ticket...

and the san francisco chronicle, and <insert other newspapers here>.

skippy can't even admit to being a vanderbilt grad unless he's called on it. I wouldn't believe him being a fan of anything other than Skip Bayless.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2009, 02:55 AM
Isn't Skip Balless suppose to be a "Big Time Sooner Fan."

WTF ever! Skip Balless is a ****ing retard and a dumb****. There is no reason that asswipe is on tv.

He couldn't make it as a sportswriter in Oklahoma, so he goes to Bristol and does nothing but cut on Stoops, OU, or the players any chance he gets.

Hella Sideburns
1/7/2009, 03:56 AM
just further proof that lil wayne is the coolest person on earth