PDA

View Full Version : Coach Stoops asks Florida State and Miami fans to pull for the Sooners...

Readyfor8
1/6/2009, 05:37 PM
Got the lead on this from Gatorenvy.com

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/01/05/0105ounotes.html

The Sooners are expected to be at a competitive disadvantage in the Dolphin Stadium stands for Thursday's game.

While both schools received an equal number of tickets, the Gators figure to have a much larger group of supporters on hand.

So Stoops is looking for help anywhere he can find it.

"I'm calling on all the Hurricane and Seminole fans that are down here to root for us," said Stoops, who was the Gators' defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier from 1996-98. 'That won't be hard, I don't think. There's another part of South Florida that isn't for the Gators and we're hoping to recruit them here this week."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2009, 06:50 PM
Well....YEAH!

Crucifax Autumn
1/6/2009, 11:24 PM
I'm fairly certain he didn't have to ask...

Those other florida teams' fans have got to be sick of these peckerwoods by now.

Circle City Gator
1/6/2009, 11:34 PM
Stoops knows better. There are more Gator fans in Miami than Hurricane fans. As for FSU, well, that's just the place people go to when they can't get into Florida.

GG84
1/6/2009, 11:41 PM
Doubt many FSU/UM fans are going to spend $500+ on tickets just so they can root for the Sooners. Most 'cane fans either live in the north east or in poverty.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2009, 11:45 PM
I am sure stoops was joking and poking fun at some reporter asking if he was concerned about Florida having home field advantage.