PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the biggest Tebowner evar

Knippz
1/6/2009, 02:12 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=896950

MIAMI - Look at Tim Tebow. Look at him!

He's 6 feet 3, 240 pounds of All-American dream, a larger-than-life icon whose presence makes the 2009 BCS Championship Game, well, a little larger than life.

And for that, we thank you, Tim Tebow.

College football's biggest star gets to play on the game's biggest stage Thursday night at Dolphin Stadium. Whatever you do, don't miss it. Cherish this moment. Program your DVR. If you're stuck in the 1990s, dust off your VCR and videotape it.

This is Michael Jordan in the NBA Finals in 1993. This is Reggie Jackson in the 1977 World Series. This is Wayne Gretzky in the 1985 Stanley Cup Finals. This is Joe Montana in Super Bowl XXIV.

"I haven't been paying too much attention to any of the hype, watching too much TV at all," Tebow says. "I don't really care what it's about. All I know is that we're going to go out there and we're going to play our football and hopefully win. That's our goal, and I don't really care too much what the hype is about."

But you should. This will be one of those games featuring one of those players that your grandfather used to tell you about before he tucked you in bed. Only now, you will be able to tell your grandchildren about the day you watched Tebow in what could be the defining game of his career.

"I think he's a great player, a great player," Oklahoma defensive coordinator Brent Venables says. "All the accolades, the attention, the Heisman – it's all well-deserved. We don't sit and compare, but he's a much different animal than the other guys we've seen. He brings a physical presence, brings an emotional presence, brings the ability to execute in all the key situations.

"He doesn't flinch. That's what you love about him. He's a competitor."

And special, too. His "Superman" nickname doesn't do justice to Tebow, whose off-field actions dwarf his extraordinary on-field feats. This is a guy who goes on mission trips to the Philippines on spring break while peers are on a mission to get loaded in Daytona Beach.
Pinch yourself because it's all so wondrously true. Tebow seemingly has been transported from the black-and-white, "Leave It To Beaver" era. He's a gee-whiz kid with a body any Big Man On Campus would envy, and his skills have transformed the way the quarterback position is played. And he circumcises impoverished children when he gets a spare moment.
"He's one of those guys that's primo," Florida free safety Major Wright says. "He does everything right. He's one of those guys that's just a leader on and off the field. He helps you on and off the field. … He kind of leads the Bible study, study groups, anything. Tebow is that guy."

That's just who Tebow is. A living, breathing, real-life role model who really cares for something bigger than himself. What a novel idea. Charles Barkley has to hate this guy.

Tebow knows the visible platform that his athletic skills have given him. Now, it's up to us to be like Tebow and grasp at least some of the selfless attitudes that dominate his life. Stuff like we aren't on this planet to see how many fancy cars we can drive, how big of a house we can buy or how much money we can make. In the end, it's Tebow's good deeds off the field that will be his legacy. But it's his funky jump touchdown passes and bulldozing runs that will have us mesmerized Thursday night.

"You look at the physical presence of him and all of that," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says. "He's a great player."

No doubt, Stoops' defense has cooked up some special schemes not to stop Tebow – that can't be done – but to try to neutralize him. There will be confounding blitzes from unexpected places, pass coverages dressed in disguise that aim to confuse.

Can Tebow feel the pressure?

"Pressure is not having to win a football game; pressure is having to find your next meal," Tebow says. "From being in a lot of places that I've been with my dad and on mission trips, you kind of find out what true pressure is and what just is a game. Even though we love it so much, football is still just a game.

"A lot of people bleed over it and love it, and I'm one of those people. But at the end of the day, I know what's more important, and football is not more important than life and pressure is definitely not football. So I think when you can put that in perspective, I think it really gives you a much better outlook."

And it gives us a whole lot to watch – and remember. For that, we thank you, Tim Tebow.

» RELATED: Notebook: Mullen focused on task at hand | Franks not impressed with Tebow

Tom Dienhart is a national senior writer for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

Get your Tebowners ready everyone!

tbl
1/6/2009, 02:17 PM
Is this serious?

theresonly1OU
1/6/2009, 02:20 PM
dbl post

theresonly1OU
1/6/2009, 02:21 PM
"Now, it's up to us to be like Tebow and grasp at least some of the selfless attitudes that dominate his life. Stuff like we aren't on this planet to see how many fancy cars we can drive, how big of a house we can buy or how much money we can make."

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Oh, and Wilkinson just did a fu#$ing backflip in his grave.

OUMallen
1/6/2009, 02:24 PM
Dear ****ing God.

Vaevictis
1/6/2009, 02:25 PM
I'm telling you. Flying armbar.

Knippz
1/6/2009, 02:26 PM
Is this serious?

Look down. If there is growth, you'll know how serious it is.

OUDoc
These people can't be serious.

All_Day_28
Tebow is so undercover gay. Why doesn't anyone see it?

I'm being so serious.

SoonerTank
1/6/2009, 02:28 PM
OMG! This is the type of article that comes out right before your minister is found in some motel downtown with a hooker. I feel so unworthy to read this.

Pieces Hit
1/6/2009, 02:29 PM
Bow to Tebow !

BigGobbler
1/6/2009, 02:29 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

Saw this article before I left for work this morning and emailed it to my buddies with that exact quote as the subject. This love fest is getting unreal. Talk about the most over hyped athlete of all time. Unreal. Man's game come Thursday night.

OUDoc
1/6/2009, 02:31 PM
Talk about people heaping pressure on the guy.
It would be a shame to see him flop on Thursday night. :D

Knippz
1/6/2009, 02:35 PM
Saw this article before I left for work this morning and emailed it to my buddies with that exact quote as the subject. This love fest is getting unreal. Talk about the most over hyped athlete of all time. Unreal. Man's game come Thursday night.

GOBBERLRS!!!

theresonly1OU
1/6/2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.zimbio.com/member/Towleroad/articles/387532/Tony+Joiner+Touchdown+Kiss+Tim+Tebow+Causes

methinks he likes men a BIT too much...

Hot Rod
1/6/2009, 02:40 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/__BdZzZ2OzWU/R79JTkR8Z2I/AAAAAAAABSk/KEasuyfqEnI/s320/enzyte-guy.jpg

soonervegas
1/6/2009, 02:42 PM
All that typing and only one hand....

Frankly, I'm impressed.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2009, 02:46 PM
"Pinch yourself because it's all so wondrously true"

WTF!!!

SoonerTroll
1/6/2009, 02:47 PM
I am speechless..... which is why i type..

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2009, 02:51 PM
"Its an optical illusion."

Ron Burgundy

Partial Qualifier
1/6/2009, 02:56 PM
Tebow's nipples have breast-fed the starving multitudesez.

SouthFortySooner
1/6/2009, 02:58 PM
"He can't be stopped. He won't let them lose." - Brent Musberger

This was early in the 65-13 beatdown or whatever the score was, regarding inVinceble.

Dan Thompson
1/6/2009, 03:13 PM
We don't have a chance.

OU4189
1/6/2009, 03:20 PM
I felt a bulge in my pants also....Then I realized I about sh** on myself from laughter!!! That has to be the gayest article I've read in a VERY long time.:eek:

Oldnslo
1/6/2009, 03:27 PM
It moved!

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 03:32 PM
The closer he is to the camera...the bigger he is to other mortals.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/12/12/PH2008121203913.jpg

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/6/2009, 03:33 PM
Bow to Tebow !

...for he is the Antichrist.

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 03:39 PM
What would the Philippines do without him?

jwlynn64
1/6/2009, 03:39 PM
And he circumcises impoverished children when he gets a spare moment.

Is that legal. Didn't Sid Vicious just get kicked out of Cambodia or something for doing this! ;)

Now, it's up to us to be like Tebow and grasp at least some of the selfless attitudes that dominate his life.

Stuff like how to be a huge egomaniac and to be consumed with winning (pressure is not about winning football games! Really, did anyone see his diatribe when he lost to Ol' Miss! Please....)

The side I've seen of him since the Heisman presentation is not good and Christian like.

jwlynn64
1/6/2009, 03:40 PM
Double Post. Man, the system is slow and hangs. Too many near do wells surfing the web at work and not doing.. what .. they .. are being.. paid to do.... Check you guys out later!

MojoRisen
1/6/2009, 03:47 PM
We need to hit him like there is no next year.... I wonder if the media makes fun of itself for being so gay with Tebow.

these people can't really be serious

OKC-SLC
1/6/2009, 03:54 PM
this is downright woeful.

Dienhart should be ashamed of himself. I think he has a family, too.

HiFiGator
1/6/2009, 04:00 PM
I thought it was a very well written article and hammered home the important points perfectly. So after you lose Thursday, don't look at it as losing a football game. Look at it as an opportunity to enjoy your brush with greatness.

TXBOOMER
1/6/2009, 04:13 PM
Linda Lovelace would be jealous.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/6/2009, 04:31 PM
No doubt, Stoops' defense has cooked up some special schemes not to stop Tebow – that can't be done – but to try to neutralize him.

I hope they prove this wrong.

cheezyq
1/6/2009, 04:41 PM
I thought it was a very well written article and hammered home the important points perfectly. So after you lose Thursday, don't look at it as losing a football game. Look at it as an opportunity to enjoy your brush with greatness.

Please. You can't possibly be serious that this was a well written article. The writer deifies a sports figure, and goes WAAAAAY over the top in doing so. I'd be sickened even if this was about someone I admired. It's so pathetic that I literally thought it was a satire article written by someone who doesn't like Tebow.

sooner2b09
1/6/2009, 04:48 PM
his skills have transformed the way the quarterback position is played.

It has transformed the way quarterback position is played? Why do I not see many schools putting their linebacker at QB then?

This guy is so up tebows *** its not even funny.

yukonsooner
1/6/2009, 04:49 PM
Has everybody but Oklahomans drank the Gatorade????

Buckwheat
1/6/2009, 04:50 PM
CUM is Tom Dienhart's ghostwriter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/BamaBob/meyergrab.jpg

Toronto Sooner
1/6/2009, 05:16 PM
This is classic (from that linked article):

"Joiner, who lives with Tebow, told news media after the game: 'That's my roommate. I love him. We've grown close. That's not the first time I've kissed him.' When asked if he's kissed other men, Joiner replied, 'Not many....'"

Is Florida Gaysville or what? Gawd!!!

SoonerBoognish
1/6/2009, 05:23 PM
Double Post. Man, the system is slow and hangs. Too many near do wells surfing the web at work and not doing.. what .. they .. are being.. paid to do.... Check you guys out later!

No, its a glitch caused by Tebow changing something in the Matrix.:gary:

budbarrybob
1/6/2009, 05:49 PM
I wish there were a way to rip the article from this screen and rid it for eternity in my shredder. pahleeze lets play the game so that we can hear the how the mighty Tebow so wonderously and gratiously plans to donate a kidney to a stranger before vowing to return his senior year... :rolleyes:

budbarrybob
1/6/2009, 05:50 PM
I wish there were a way to rip the article from this screen and rid it for eternity in my shredder. pahleeze lets play the game so that we can hear the how the mighty Tebow so wonderously and gratiously after defeat plans to donate a kidney to a stranger before vowing to return his senior year... :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
1/6/2009, 06:55 PM
I wrote back to Dienhart this simple e-mail:

**** him and get it over with.

Leroy Lizard
1/6/2009, 07:04 PM
And he circumcises impoverished children when he gets a spare moment.

Oh yeah, he's my hero.

Or as Johnny Carson would say, "I didn't know he was Jewish."

SoonerLB
1/6/2009, 08:34 PM
I think Tom Dienhart has been hitting the bottle, Timmy's bottle!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/foreoiltimmy.jpg

rainiersooner
1/6/2009, 10:46 PM
All that typing and only one hand....

Frankly, I'm impressed.

Subtle - but still one of the top posts of the year. Nicely played!!!

I-Bleed-Orange
1/7/2009, 12:54 AM
There is no f***in way this is foreal. I mean come on "His 'Superman' nickname doesn't do justice to him..." WTF. O yea thnx 4 the vid Theresonly1OU. He is definitely gay

soonerboy
1/7/2009, 01:26 AM
We are not worthy!!!! (bow)

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2009, 01:27 AM
Barf!

Toronto Sooner
1/7/2009, 01:55 AM
The 67 second version of Tebow's queer make out movie (filmed in Gaysville), and partly narrated by CBS. Make sure you have your vomit bag handy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcT9M9IHD7s

Knippz
1/7/2009, 10:27 AM
Awful.

Bosley
1/7/2009, 11:10 AM
CUM is Tom Dienhart's ghostwriter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/BamaBob/meyergrab.jpg

Pinch and roll, pinch and roll.

Toronto Sooner
1/7/2009, 12:39 PM
Was coach Organ prepping for Tgirl, once a.k.a. TT (pronounced fast) does a behind the back hand off, and cums back to the sidelines?

Toronto Sooner
1/7/2009, 01:40 PM
When Coach Organ Piler coaches (QB) Tgirl I wonder if he prefers his football to be in a position in behind the centre, or if he prefers the shotgun position?

Just askin'.

Sooner47
1/7/2009, 01:48 PM
Actually we should feel quite honored - I mean it's not everyday that you get to play a football game on the same field with an honest-to-goodness Deity. :pop:

odern
1/7/2009, 02:59 PM
What would the Philippines do without him?

hang a few inches lower (4skin).

ouleaf
1/7/2009, 03:49 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=896950

This is Michael Jordan in the NBA Finals in 1993. This is Reggie Jackson in the 1977 World Series. This is Wayne Gretzky in the 1985 Stanley Cup Finals. This is Joe Montana in Super Bowl XXIV.

This is maybe the most ridiculous comparision I've ever heard. Tebow is an amatuer athlete who will in no way go down as the greatest college football player and certainly not the greatest college quarterback of all time. Comparing him to the absolute legends of their respective sports is outrageous!!!

GKeeper316
1/7/2009, 03:56 PM
i hear chuck norris broke his knuckles on tim tebows jaw...

for cryin out loud he isnt even that great of an athlete... hes just a fullback that can throw the ball about 30 yards.