PDA

View Full Version : My fun at the Phoenix airport this morning!

The Maestro
1/6/2009, 01:10 PM
So I had to get to the airport in Phoenix this morning around 7ish to get my son who was flying home from Oklahoma. I KNEW the place would be crawling with horns, so I made sure to wear my OU sweatshirt and cap...shorts and flip flops...and pretend to be a feller headed to Miami.

Not TWO seconds off an elevator a hear it. "45-35!!!" A horn fan headed up an escalator. I yelled back, "How'd that work out for ya?" I then pulled out my cell phone and said, "Give me your address...I'll send you a post card from South Beach!!" He shut up.

I stood in line to fill out the information for my kid and kept my head high. Texas fans double taking all over the place...hundreds of them...completely disgusted to see me. A fresh reminder of their party being over and the REAL party getting started.

So then I am about to go through security and four Texas fans...all men...were right behind me. A lady walking beside me and in a business suit told me I was awfully brave to be wearing that today. I told her, "Brave? I'm just heading to Miami for the national championship!" I said it LOUD!

So then we are standing in line and I was trying to call my good friend, BoonesFarmSooner, to tell him about the fun I was having. Since he wasn't at work yet I just acted like he was on the phone.

"HEY, MAN! WHAT TIME DOES YOUR FLIGHT GET TO MIAMI??"

"OH, YEAH! FIRST ROUND AT THE CLEVELANDER IS ON ME!!"

"YEAH, THEY BLEW THEIR SHOT LAST NIGHT!!"

"OH, THE BEACH IS GONNA BE AWESOME! SEE YOU AT THE HOTEL!"

LOUD, LOUD, LOUD!!! Too much fun and just made me miserable I ain't going!! Damn responsibility and an 8 month pregnant wife!!!

Oh, and lastly...as I walked past the ticket counters I saw the line for AeroMexico. Two Texas fans were in line. SHOCKER!!!

JLEW1818
1/6/2009, 01:21 PM
lol, good story

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 01:25 PM
Just what were you thinkin' 8 months ago? Oh, nevermind, I think I know ;)

Awesome post !!!

picasso
1/6/2009, 01:25 PM
:pop:

:texan: !!!!

:D

MyT Oklahoma
1/6/2009, 01:26 PM
Your a very bad boy.

P.S. Keep it up.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/6/2009, 01:27 PM
Heh. Jackass.

Dallas
1/6/2009, 01:29 PM
The LuLZ

Thanks for the story. That is awesome.

Heheheh...

Ill send you a postcard from Miami.....COMEDY

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/6/2009, 01:31 PM
Haha. I love it!! I couldn't have done it any better myself. I actually thought about going to Hobby this morning and doing the same thing! HAHAHA!

SoonerRecon
1/6/2009, 01:54 PM
you sir, have a giant sack. that is pure greatness!

The Maestro
1/6/2009, 02:03 PM
you sir, have a giant sack. that is pure greatness!

I got nuthin. Just wanted to see that said again.

SoonerJack
1/6/2009, 02:15 PM
Your pretend conversation sounds like Ken Tarmack from the Bob and Tom show.

"Hey Shooter. Yeah. We just landed. No, I caught the red-eye out of ATL. You get that thing I sent ya? I know. I know. How does she do that? No, no white stuff down here at LAX. Hey, you bring your sticks?"

oupride
1/6/2009, 02:26 PM
An "Oscar-type performance"

SteelClip49
1/6/2009, 03:25 PM
GREATNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and OUpride....that video would be good without the 3 desperate dorks...sheesh.

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 03:45 PM
**** em! They deserve even more than that.