PDA

View Full Version : The "what if" club

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 11:12 AM
From an article posted on si.com about the Fiesta bowl and the BCS. My favorite line concerning the horns:

That's right, move over USC. Step aside Utah. The "What If" club just got a little bigger heading into Thursday's BCS National Championship Game between Oklahoma and Florida.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/arash_markazi/01/06/Texas.Fiesta/index.html?bcnn=yes

TopDawg
1/6/2009, 11:20 AM
Now Texas will not (I repeat: WILL NOT) win a share of the national championship. Yes, it has a strong argument if Oklahoma beats Florida to finish with the same record as the Longhorns, with Texas still holding that 45-35 trump card from October.

Texas will find out that the card has expired. Had it beaten USC, Utah, Alabama or even Penn State, there might be an argument. But beating Ohio State in January, as great as the Fiesta Bowl played out to be, is sort of like beating Kimbo Slice. Sure, it's a "name" opponent, but does it really mean anything at this point?

OUCH! :eek:

That's awesome.

TopDawg
1/6/2009, 11:20 AM
DITTO!

Widescreen
1/6/2009, 11:25 AM
Now Texas will not (I repeat: WILL NOT) win a share of the national championship. Yes, it has a strong argument if Oklahoma beats Florida to finish with the same record as the Longhorns, with Texas still holding that 45-35 trump card from October.

I wish these writers would verify their facts before saying this kind of thing. If OU wins, Texas WILL NOT have the same record as OU since OU played in and won the Big 12 CG.

OUmillenium
1/6/2009, 11:48 AM
"Although many pundits bemoaned another Ohio State BCS appearance, the truth is the only other viable options were Boise State and TCU."

Texas Tech anyone? Not saying they should go to play Texas again but could have gone to the Orange and a different team gone to the Fiesta.

soonermix
1/6/2009, 12:28 PM
Texas Tech anyone? Not saying they should go to play Texas again but could have gone to the Orange and a different team gone to the Fiesta.

:gary: