PDA

View Full Version : Mack, Petey, and any other coach...

SoonerStormchaser
1/6/2009, 09:33 AM
...who votes a team other than the one who wins on Thursday night's game should have their voting privelage revoked indefinitely!

They all knew the rules to vote #1 whomever wins the BCS title game...they all agreed to abide by them...now whiny bitches like Mack think that "no one can beat their team" and plan to vote for them in #1 in the final Coach's Poll.

mobilesteve
1/6/2009, 09:35 AM
The good news is the last coaches poll they only vote on 2-25. #1 is automatic. Nice research Mack & Kyle Wittingham.

AlbqSooner
1/6/2009, 10:42 AM
But it was on a NEUTRAL FIELD!

Pieces Hit
1/6/2009, 10:52 AM
Mack wants to play Ole Miss for the title.

SoonerMom2
1/6/2009, 11:03 AM
The good news is the last coaches poll they only vote on 2-25. #1 is automatic. Nice research Mack & Kyle Wittingham.

Now convinced that Mack Brown is stupid when it comes to rules -- how else could you explain his comments for weeks? They barely beat a #10 Ohio State team, and they can beat any time in the Country? Give me a break.

When is the NCAA going to investigate Colt McCoy's comments that he worked with Mack Brown all summer to get better that appeared in the NY Times article? Can you imagine if Bradford had made those comments?

TEXAS SUCKS!

Paperclip
1/6/2009, 11:03 AM
“But that’s not what the system is and what we agreed to. . . . This poll is not, since 1998, to select the national champion. The winner of the game is the winner of the [BcS] trophy. Which means the coaches do not vote for No. 1, they vote for No. 2 down.” - AFCA executive director Grant Teaff

cheezyq
1/6/2009, 11:13 AM
I can imagine Mack receiving his ballot and furiously trying to scratch out OU from the top spot.

Side note: Did anyone see Mack go ape over a PI call in the 2nd half? It was OBVIOUS that the DB interfered with the player trying to catch the ball, but Mack insisted the ball was uncatchable. I've never seen a funnier scene than when Mack gets mad at something. It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George gets mad at another employee receiving the nickname of T-Bone (which he wanted), and as a result of watching him throw a fit, the other employees decide to call him Koko. I kept hoping that the announcers would say, "Look at Mack, he's really giving it to T-Bone".

Crucifax Autumn
1/6/2009, 11:16 AM
Mack's a barely functionally retarded goon.

bent rider
1/6/2009, 11:37 AM
...who votes a team other than the one who wins on Thursday night's game should have their voting privelage revoked indefinitely!

They all knew the rules to vote #1 whomever wins the BCS title game...they all agreed to abide by them...now whiny bitches like Mack think that "no one can beat their team" and plan to vote for them in #1 in the final Coach's Poll.

Except in the case of Kyle Whittingham. Who did beat his team??
For those who say the coaches don't vote on #1, it has happened before that a coach voted for another team #1. If they can't then its like the Soviet Union. No one votes against the party.

The BCS mantra is "Every Game Matters". Did Texas-vs-Texas Tech matter? Did Florida vs Ole Miss matter? Did OU vs Texas matter? Did USC vs Oregon State matter? New BCS mantra, "Some Teams Get a Mulligan, We Decide Who".

The ghost of Dr Worm
1/11/2009, 06:58 PM
45-35.

The ghost of Dr Worm
1/11/2009, 06:59 PM
45-35

goingoneight
1/11/2009, 07:03 PM
39-33, 65-21... how many BCS Bowl teams did you beat by 24 points this season?

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 07:04 PM
As you all have seen by now, Mack did NOT vote Texas #1, but the Utah coach DID vote his team #1. It is not MANDATORY, as many of you have said, it is just a "gentleman's agreement".

The ghost of Dr Worm
1/11/2009, 07:06 PM
how many BCS Bowl teams did you beat by 24 points this season?

Who cares, winning with class is more important.

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 07:08 PM
not to nit-pick, goingoneight, but the same number as you-zero. Tech was not in a BCS bowl game. However, we did beat the only team we played that WAS in a BCS bowl; by only 10. ;)

Oh, that's right, you did beat Cinci....wooowooo

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:11 PM

texas wins with class? so true. I mean we're the classless ones right? how could we forget that we're the only team that is classless and runs the score up on people. we never bench our starters. I bet we whine too much too. :rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
1/11/2009, 07:14 PM
not to nit-pick, goingoneight, but the same number as you-zero. Tech was not in a BCS bowl game. However, we did beat the only team we played that WAS in a BCS bowl; by only 10. ;)

Oh, that's right, you did beat Cinci....wooowooo

HA HA I was just going to correct you. And it was by 26;)

fadada1
1/11/2009, 08:07 PM

you need to go back and look at your second half stats, and compare them to OU's.

you also need to take a look at your coach and his personal "call-in-shows" during other team's nationally televised games. verrrrrryyyyy classy.