PDA

View Full Version : When hugging is inappropriate

Hot Rod
1/6/2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28518932/

ADELAIDE, Australia - An Australian woman accused of setting her husband's genitals on fire because she thought he was having an affair has been charged with murder.

Prosecutors said 44-year-old Rajini Narayan confessed to neighbors that she set her husband on fire on Dec. 8, 2008, after she saw him hug another woman.

She was initially charged with endangering life and arson but the charges were upgraded to murder after her 47-year-old husband, Satish Narayan, died from his injuries last week.

Prosecutor Lucy Boord said Narayan told neighbors she was a "jealous wife" but she hadn't meant to kill him when she doused the sleeping man's genitals with an alcohol-based solvent and then set him on fire.

'It belongs to me'
Boord quoted Narayan allegedly saying: "I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else. ... I didn't mean this to happen."

The husband jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of alcohol, causing the fire to spread and resulting in 1 million Australian dollars ($711,000) of damage to their town house and an adjacent property, the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

Narayan was remanded in custody for psychological assessment and will reappear in court Friday. She has been charged with murder, arson and three counts of endangering life, as the couple's three children were at home during the incident.

BudSooner
1/6/2009, 09:29 AM
So she wanted to keep the little burnt sausage to herself eh? I don't know about you but if my oscar meyer wiener was burnt...ain't nobody touching it.

OUDoc
1/6/2009, 09:33 AM
Bitches, man.

Viking Kitten
1/6/2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.grogansfarm.com/adphotos/jpeg_files/709-Grogan%201%23%20Little%20Smokies.jpg

Viking Kitten
1/6/2009, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry.

OU4LIFE
1/6/2009, 09:43 AM
I prefer to hug women from behind.

I tell them it's an old Icelandic custom.

bri
1/6/2009, 09:45 AM
There are two things I know:

1) Water is wet.
2) Bitches is crazy.

Tailwind
1/6/2009, 10:35 AM
I hope those aren't the only things you know Bri.

tbl
1/6/2009, 02:03 PM
Scene control... Dude needed serious scene control.

bri
1/6/2009, 02:10 PM
I hope those aren't the only things you know Bri.

Well, they're the only things I'm absolutely sure of. Everything else I know is open to debate, but those two are locked down. :D

Rogue
1/6/2009, 07:35 PM
Bitches, man.

Early nominee for post of the year! :D

VeeJay
1/6/2009, 07:41 PM
The woman he was hugging.......was she hawt?

Okla-homey
1/6/2009, 07:42 PM
There is a degree of delicious irony here.

See, by her name, I assume the phallus flamer in the story is Indian. For a very long time, per Hindu custom, if a man died leaving a widow with no sons to care for her, they just tossed her alive and kickin' up on the deceaseds funeral pyre. The British colonial administration was shocked by and outlawed the practice, but it continued for a long time, especially in rural areas.

This story kinda flips that around a bit.

crawfish
1/7/2009, 07:18 PM
I prefer to hug women from behind.

I tell them it's an old Icelandic custom.

I tell them it's a banana in my pocket.

BigRedJed
1/7/2009, 07:39 PM
Some water ain't wet. Well, kindof.

KEIt2FITI1U

KC//CRIMSON
1/7/2009, 07:41 PM
Obligatory and first!

http://www.timelesstracks.com/acatalog/jerry_lee_lewis_great_balls_of_fire_large.jpg

badger
1/8/2009, 07:09 AM
There is a degree of delicious irony here.

See, by her name, I assume the phallus flamer in the story is Indian. For a very long time, per Hindu custom, if a man died leaving a widow with no sons to care for her, they just tossed her alive and kickin' up on the deceaseds funeral pyre. The British colonial administration was shocked by and outlawed the practice, but it continued for a long time, especially in rural areas.

This story kinda flips that around a bit.

The other irony is in some mideast/Asian countries what men will do to ensure that women, if they intend to leave them, will do to make sure that no other man would ever want them... not necessarily fire, but some pretty graphic stuff that it really really disturbing.

The Hindu custom you described just sounds like they're trying to population-control being the Chinese one child rule... even if it is a cruel fate.